Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
LoveCAG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
If a cell phone is under your plan and your name is under that cell phone too (You are the owner and the primary) can you request all the texts that was sent out on that phone? Or is that something you need to go to court about?

Eric

M
M
Originally Posted by LoveCAG
If a cell phone is under your plan and your name is under that cell phone too (You are the owner and the primary) can you request all the texts that was sent out on that phone? Or is that something you need to go to court about?

Eric

LoveCAG, I am not sure. I would first try and get them online. If you can't do that, then call them up and ask them to send them to you. It wont' hurt to try!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
A while back someone had posted that through Sprint, he was able to fax in his signature and get the last 10 TMs sent from his WW's phone.

So, yes, definitely call them up to see and make sure to "escalate" the call up the chain before giving up. Good luck!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
H
H
Most of that depends on carrier.

Most things are hopeless with AT&T - I would look into a SIM card reader there, or good, 'ol fashioned spyware on the phone.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
L
LoveCAG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I have verizon. I need the first two weeks in January. I don't know if they'll be able to do that! I'll try. The reason why I need it is to simply cross check my records.. I know I might be vain but I have done this whole timeline deal

M
M
I have verizon. I need the first two weeks in January. I don't know if they'll be able to do that! I'll try. The reason why I need it is to simply cross check my records.. I know I might be vain but I have done this whole timeline deal
You should still be able to get those online, CAG. I've got Verizon and mine goes back that far. You're not looking for the actual words on the texts, right? Those aren't online, just the phone numbers.

EDIT: Oops, I take it back - I was thinking about my old carrier. I just doublechecked my online account and can only go back a few weeks. Sorry! frown

Last edited by maritalbliss; 02/23/11 09:46 AM.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

L
LoveCAG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Okay I found the phone numbers on My Verizon. It does go that far. However, can you actually get the actual body of text messages from Verizon if asked? I don't really need them because I have them but simply asking for future BS info.

M
M
Okay I found the phone numbers on My Verizon. It does go that far. However, can you actually get the actual body of text messages from Verizon if asked? I don't really need them because I have them but simply asking for future BS info.
If it's like my last cell phone provider, you would need a court order to get them. Is that crazy, or what. My own cell phone plan and I need a court order? crazy Verizon is probably the same way.

They said it has to do with privacy laws. I argued that all the phones were in my name, and did I NOT have the right to see my "own" texts on my "own" phones???? I even argued that I thought I had to right to see my minor child's texts if I wanted. Nope.

No dice. No court order, no words. It's idiotic.

Last edited by maritalbliss; 02/23/11 10:57 AM.

D-Day 2-10-2009

L
LoveCAG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Does it cost money to get a court order?

M
M
Does it cost money to get a court order?
It's more involved than a simple records request. There needs to be a standing case before the court. The judge determines whether or not to issue a subpoena for the records as part of that case.

D-Day 2-10-2009

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation