Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
How, may I ask, can you track activity on a cell phone that is tied to your spouse's work server? I couldn't find any information related to this specific scenario. It's our phone, but he had the option of using it as a work phone or purchasing a seperate one. I was considering installing the eblaster(he has a Blackberry Curve), but I am concerned his employer will somehow see it, and more importantly, if I would be doing something illegal. I don't want to cause trouble if I am wrong.

Mme. B

N
N
Does he work for a company or gov't? I can't say how they are delivering services without looking at the Blackberry, but it's probably through Blackberry Enterprise Server. That actually logs everything, calls, sms, etc.. but you wouldn't have access to server side logs. You'll have to install something on the handheld itself. Depending on how they have the security configured for devices though you may not be able to. I can't speak to the legality of it. I do run a Blackberry server at work, and if someone with one of our phones installed that kind of software, I would turn them in to our security office. Can't speak for other admins and what they would do though.

BH (Me)-30
FWW (BostonLover)-29
Married 7/2004
D-Day 14&16 Feb, 2011
Starting Recovery
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the quick reply, nelsonak! He works for a private company, and I'm pretty sure you're right about the Enterprise server. A fellow associate of his was let go a few weeks ago and they remotely wiped his BB, which was his personal phone as well. I'm not really sure where this leaves me in terms of doing any investigating. The best I can do right now is access our Sprint account, which gives me a call log, and I can see how many texts, but have no other info than that. I have full access to his Gmail, LinkedIn and Facebook accts, but cell phone is limited and I have no access to his work laptop or work phone/voicemail.

I'm worried after looking at his phone last night and seeing the call log completely gone, to which he said he had no idea how that happened. I've been feeling like he's deleting texts for a while now, but can't be sure.

Mme. B

M
OP Offline
M
Is there a way to pull the information off of his phone directly, including deleted information, without it being "seen" by the Enterprise server?

Mme. B

M
OP Offline
M
Someone please help, if possible. I just checked the activity log and he's had 15 text messages in ten minutes...but none are to me. I've got to know for sure what's going on, I can't live with this feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Mme. B

N
N
Blackberry Desktop Software allows you to sync or backup the data on the device to a computer with the software installed on it. We only use the enterprise server due to security requirements, so I can't help you much with the desktop software. Google will probably be the best answer to questions about it.

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/desktop_pc.jsp

BH (Me)-30
FWW (BostonLover)-29
Married 7/2004
D-Day 14&16 Feb, 2011
Starting Recovery
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the link. It looks like there is an option to do a back up and restore, but it would delete everything on his phone and reinstall. I am hoping to find something discreet. Thanks and let me know if you think of any other options!

N
N
It should not delete anything when just doing a backup of the data. That would be a horribly designed program if so.

BH (Me)-30
FWW (BostonLover)-29
Married 7/2004
D-Day 14&16 Feb, 2011
Starting Recovery
N
N
Backing Up Your Device

Take precaution against unexpected crashes or downtime by protecting important information and documents stored on your BlackBerry� smartphone.

1. Connect your device to your computer and open BlackBerry� Desktop Manager
2. Double-click Backup and Restore
3. Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases.
4. Choose a location to save the backup file, and then click save.

Memorable pictures, important contacts and vital documents are now saved in a secondary location, so that should anything happen to your device, all your important files remain intact.

BH (Me)-30
FWW (BostonLover)-29
Married 7/2004
D-Day 14&16 Feb, 2011
Starting Recovery
T
T
Backup and restore are separate processes. Backup doesn't delete, it just makes a backup file on the computer you're using. Before WH switched to Android, I used to make backups and restore them on an extra Blackberry I had. Never did bother trying to find out if you can view in an application, though, as I had that extra one.

Me: BW
WH 41 (practicing alcoholic)
Married 20 yrs
DS20, DD15, DD9
Too many D-Days to account for, more FRs than I care to admit
NC since 03/11, broken 04/11
NC again 07/11 broken 12/11
Plan D full steam ahead, made WH leave
WH now living with his "soul mate" (we call her donkeychui) 1/13/2012
D filed 01/25/2012
D final 05/15/2012

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation