Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
K
One of the articles I read just after the engagement was how the tabloids had hounded Cate for dirt on William after they broke up a long time ago; and she ignored them and shut them out.

These other gals are dishing the dirt - most of it likely fiction. I've actually been quite impressed with how William carries himself. I doubt that any of these women talking to the tabloids are considered friends.

Edit to add - "Prince" Charles was never a real prince of a guy. When I was a teenager there was always some sort of scandal around him and he was quite an embarrassment to his mother more often than I can recall. Diana was the first "positive" news surrounding Charles in his entire sorry life up to that point. I wasn't surprised to find the scandals coming back on him again. He never was a good guy.

William on the other hand, has been about service to his country and for the most part a well-behaved young man, especially for royalty.

Last edited by KaylaAndy; 04/30/11 04:45 PM.

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
K
K
I have high hopes for these two if they're behaving so well now. Shutting out the press, and such, keeping their lives as private as possible.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
I agree!

KT, I suppose we could turn this around on you and ask why you aren't interested -- except, well, you must surely be interested or you wouldn't have bothered to click on a thread entitled "Prince William's exes" -- Or is it that you are just interested in scolding others for being interested in something you find uninteresting?

Mrs. W

Wait wait. This thread isn't about me. I will not be caught off guard with your reverse psychology or your other womanly voodoo.

Excuse me? Did you just refer to me as an OW, KT? FWIW, I have never been an OW.

As for the rest of it, your posts have called upon people to defend their interests in something they find interesting. Why is it unfair that you be put in that same position?

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

K
K
Wait wait. This thread isn't about me. I will not be caught off guard with your reverse psychology or your other womanly voodoo.

Excuse me? Did you just refer to me as an OW, KT? FWIW, I have never been an OW.

Nope. I'm not sure where you got that from. It was totally a joke about how you called me out for calling other people out. Womanly voodoo=being crafty.

Eh, nevermind.

As for the rest of it, your posts have called upon people to defend their interests in something they find interesting. Why is it unfair that you be put in that same position?

Mrs. W

Nobody has to defend anything. It's really not that big of a deal.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

M
M
KT...

Why do you read and post on marriage boards and keep up with the stories within? Because you find that an interesting thing to do, yes? I'm sure there are other people who do not find it interesting, but would it be any fun for them to point a finger at you and tell you that they just don't see WHY on earth you would find that to be a valuable way to spend your time -- the implication being that they are right and you are wrong. [here's where you come back and tell me that you wouldn't care -- spare me that please] Perhaps that is not how you intended to come across on this thread, but to me at least, it IS how your posts sounded -- As though you were trying to talk others out of being interested in what they are interested in because you find it frivolous. It sounded insulting -- and snobby, to boot. Something for you to consider perhaps.

Mrs. W

P.S. What you actually said to me was "other womanly voodoo" -- that's sort of a bad thing to say to someone here, yanno? I can appreciate that isn't what you meant and I do appreciate your saying so. Thanks.

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

T
T
reverse psychology - a psychological strategy

other - alternate, additional, in addition to

womanly voodoo - a goofy guy phrase for the way we supposedly cast confusing spells on men - haha

add them together and you get.......humor

Good Lord, I'd have an ulcer if I took EVERYTHING in life so seriously

M
M
Originally Posted by Tawandabelle
reverse psychology - a psychological strategy

other - alternate, additional, in addition to

womanly voodoo - a goofy guy phrase for the way we supposedly cast confusing spells on men - haha

add them together and you get.......humor

Again, he said "other womanly voodoo". I am sorry if you can't see how that could be taken on this forum, Luri.

Good Lord, I'd have an ulcer if I took EVERYTHING in life so seriously

faint

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

K
K
Twandabelle, Thanks for 'getting me'.

Mrs.W, I really didn't have any specific tone in mind when I posted...maybe one from sarcasm and humor (thusly my comment about me not having an article in the paper about how awesome i am because of celebrities).

It doesn't matter to me what people are into or what they're interested in. Just like it doesn't matter if people think things I'm into are a waste of time or not.

I apologize for putting other+woman+voodoo together. I meant other as in in addition to. Woman meaning woman. Voodoo as in tricks and craftiness. Basically what Twandabelle.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

M
M
Okay. It just didn't seem very nice and I was under the impression that "niceness" was something that you placed great value on. You know, remembering that your sarcasm might negatively impact the real person behind another computer. I appreciate and accept your apology. smile

Mrs. W

P.S. It's still puzzling to me why you would post inquiring about other people's interests when you are so very uninterested. But it's all good! laugh

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

K
K
Okay. It just didn't seem very nice and I was under the impression that "niceness" was something that you placed great value on.

It is. But, you know, every once in awhile someone does get upset by something we say.

P.S. It's still puzzling to me why you would post inquiring about other people's interests when you are so very uninterested. But it's all good! laugh

Same reason I ask my wife why she watches Real Stories of the E.R. when she spends all day in a hospital. I don't get it. I know she can't explain it so that I'll have an "ah ha!" moment. Maybe it's just fo converstaion sake.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

M
M
KT,

It's very invalidating to tell someone that their interests are not in the least bit interesting -- The implication is that they should change their interests to something that you approve of...And well...that's just not very nice.

I hope you will take the time to consider my point of view. smile

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
Caber toss, anyone?

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
B
B
Kids and young adults, today, are very different from what me and my friends were like as kids. Today, they run in "packs." They "date" within that "pack" but remain friends after the stop "dating." "Dates" are, actually, activities with others in the "pack." I have watched this with my nieces and nephews. One niece and one nephew grew up in a school system where all the kids went to the same lower school, middle school and high school. Many went to the same college. Without cutting out other kids with who they have been friends since they were age 5, it would be impossible for them to not have people they previously dated in their circle of friends. The interesting thing is that all of them are very devoted and loyal their spouses,

M
M
Originally Posted by Mulan
Caber toss, anyone?

Sorry, not interested -- Who would be interested in that? stickout

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
My suggestion: if folks aren't interested in celebrity threads, then don't read them! Real simple..

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
KT,

It's very invalidating to tell someone that their interests are not in the least bit interesting -- The implication is that they should change their interests to something that you approve of...And well...that's just not very nice.

I hope you will take the time to consider my point of view. smile

Mrs. W

Of course! My wife asked me the other day, "Have you even considered my point of view?" To which I started laughing hysterically and said, "now that's the dumbest thing you've ever asked me.

She was askign me something silly like was it okay for her to come out of the kitchen.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

K
K
Caber toss, anyone?

I'm missing Scarborough this weekend. That question makes me sad. frown and the weather there is beautiful.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

K
K
Caber toss, anyone?

Mrs. W

Silly guys that wear kilts. I'll admit it prob. is a waste of time but it sure is fun. And we get to wear a skirt and a matching pair of hose!

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

T
T
You wear hose??????

I knew logging back on was a mistake smile

I did watch a lot of the wedding stuff Friday. her dress was beautiful, the Fergie daughter's hats were hilariously hideous, and that second kiss was soooo sweet. I choose not to ruin the warm fuzzies by wondering whether either one of them will have an affair. I'm weird that way.

M
M
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
Caber toss, anyone?

Mrs. W

Silly guys that wear kilts. I'll admit it prob. is a waste of time but it sure is fun. And we get to wear a skirt and a matching pair of hose!

Have a good weekend, Tootsie! grin

Mrs. W

P.S. The hats at the wedding yesterday made me think there MUST be a Dr. Seuss convention going on in London! stickout

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation