Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
M
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
KT,

It's very invalidating to tell someone that their interests are not in the least bit interesting -- The implication is that they should change their interests to something that you approve of...And well...that's just not very nice.

I hope you will take the time to consider my point of view. smile

Mrs. W

Of course! My wife asked me the other day, "Have you even considered my point of view?" To which I started laughing hysterically and said, "now that's the dumbest thing you've ever asked me.

She was askign me something silly like was it okay for her to come out of the kitchen.

Don't be sexist, KT -- BROADS hate that yanno! grin

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

K
K
She was askign me something silly like was it okay for her to come out of the kitchen.

Don't be sexist, KT -- BROADS hate that yanno! grin

Mrs. W [/quote]

hahahaha! I thought I was just being old fashioned.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

M
M
Originally Posted by Mulan
Caber toss, anyone?

Sorry, not interested -- Who would be interested in that? stickout

Mrs. W

I actually thought it would be interesting to do a comparison of "interest" so to speak on COMPETE.COM between some marriage infidelity forums and a caber sports website (Association of Scottish Games & Festivals or asgf.org).

It's not even close

[Linked Image from oi54.tinypic.com]

link to full details: compete website comparison stats

Mr. W

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
M
M
Originally Posted by Tawandabelle
You wear hose??????

I knew logging back on was a mistake smile

I did watch a lot of the wedding stuff Friday. her dress was beautiful, the Fergie daughter's hats were hilariously hideous, and that second kiss was soooo sweet. I choose not to ruin the warm fuzzies by wondering whether either one of them will have an affair.

I couldn't decide if those crazy hats reminded me of this kind of cat or this kinda cat! laugh something made me think of those cats! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
Mel's gettin' catty....

wahahahahahaha

M
M

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M

Exposure 101

M
M
Good Lord, I'd have an ulcer if I took EVERYTHING in life so seriously
But you'll agree that there are things that bother you that Mrs. W. doesn't care about, yes? And there are things that probably bother Mrs. W and not you, agreed?

This bothers HER. I respect that.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
markos Offline OP
OP Offline
M
[good-natured-humor]Holy, smokes, what have you people done with my thread![/good-natured-humor]

Regarding why are people even interested, kilted, I truly sympathize with your viewpoint. Truth is I've almost never cared or read about the British royal family and in a way isn't it silly for Americans like me to care about nobility at all? But it's turned out to be something Prisca and I were really interested in reading about and discussing together, and since I saw that interesting red flag I thought I'd post about that for discussion, because that's one of the things we do around here.

Regarding your television being interrupted, I REALLY sympathize with that!!! That's why I quit watching "channels." Honestly, channels are the most ridiculous idea in the world and are 50 years out of date. Turn off your cable/satellite/broadcast and get Netflix, hulu, etc. smile Of course, that doesn't work so well for sports, yet, so that might still be an issue. My shows are never interrupted any more regardless of weather or news event. No commercials, either. smile And nothing has to start on the hour or anything like that. smile

Tomorrow when I'm more awake maybe I'll get back to commenting on the original topic here.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
K
K
If I just say I'm sorry and I was just JKing, will y'all forgive me for being insensitive? I apologize for my insensitivity and lack of foresight on my how my words might inflict a negative response.

Are we cool now?

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

B
B
I think the criteria here is really that Ex's with whom you have had a sexual relationship as opposed to just 'dating' is when NC for life is advisable. (assuming that I'm not SO OLD that sex and dating are synonomous)

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
T
T
You bring up a very interesting and valid point, bigkahuna. Though I had a few boyfriends before DH, a couple or so even "serious," I never slept with any of them....except DH on our wedding night. The only person with whom I even came "close" was with the ex-fiance, whom I will never friend on FB or look up if I happened to be in his town or anything.

We can dispute it, we can hedge it, we can toss out the Bible or try to rewrite it......but sex changes things. It just does. And no, anyone who has seen me naked should NOT be seeing me once I am married tp the only man who should ever see me naked.

I have a few FB friends that I went on dates with waaaay back when, a couple I kind of liked 20 years or so ago, one who really like me. But heck, we never even kissed. Had we rolled around in the hay doing what I believe (because of my faith) would have been every BIT as sinful as adultery, they would not be my friends.

P
P
Cool! Looks like MB has "caber sports" beat by a mile. Thanks for the link. Think I'll go plug in some other comparisons just for grins.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
T
T
Yes yes, I think I'll go eat a lollipop and kick some dirt and play on the monkey bars.

Did anyone see the cute pic of that little girl holding her ears standing by the happy couple? She was adorable.

M
M

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Cool! Looks like MB has "caber sports" beat by a mile. Thanks for the link. Think I'll go plug in some other comparisons just for grins.
LOL! Meggy, you and I are thinking alike! I saw that and plugged in my company to compare it to the competition. Sigh, we've got some work to do.

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
Yes yes, I think I'll go eat a lollipop and kick some dirt and play on the monkey bars.

Did anyone see the cute pic of that little girl holding her ears standing by the happy couple? She was adorable.
I dunno - she didn't look too happy to me! Looked like she was totally out of her element and didn't like being there. Maybe she's a tomboy...

D-Day 2-10-2009

P
P

confused Huh? I suppose you COULD twist my post towards discussions about suckers, mud-slingin', and monkey business, but it might be a stretch. Anything's possible. grin

Nope, totally missed the little girl and her ears.

Last edited by princessmeggy; 05/01/11 06:04 PM. Reason: fixing quote thingie

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
rotflmao

P
P
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
I think the criteria here is really that Ex's with whom you have had a sexual relationship as opposed to just 'dating' is when NC for life is advisable. (assuming that I'm not SO OLD that sex and dating are synonomous)

Sex and dating are not synonomous here -- I'm in my 30s and was a virgin on my wedding night, although I had dated several
men.

But I believe it would be a horrible idea to reconnect with my former boyfriends. They each have an account in my love bank, and romantic feelings could very easily be rekindled. People fall in love with or without sex involved. What matters is the love bank, and how many deposits have been made.

Maintaining friendships with former boyfriends/girlfriends is how a lot of affairs start. Whether the relationship was sexual or not doesn't matter. It's playing with fire.

Last edited by Prisca; 05/01/11 07:27 PM.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 788 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation