Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 89 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 88 89
H
H
Originally Posted by Kirby
Originally Posted by Tawandabelle
Okay, slightly off topic....

One of the really bad (and stupid and infantile and high-school-mean-girl-queen-bee) about growing up in AL is this absolute fanatical INSISTENCE that some Alabamians have that you decide and write in blood whether you are for AL or Auburn....really??? It's....football. Football. It lasts a few months a year, and yes it's fun and tradition and all that crap......but it's a little brown pigskin and a lot of popcorn and beer.

Family, Husband, Faith....in the Word God acutally inspired....yeah, THERE's a legitimate loyalty issue.

Roll Tide vs. War Eagle? Might we grow up and get our shoulder pads out of our arses?

Whew.....that felt good

I grew up in small town Mississippi. Change the names to Ole Miss and Mis'sippi State and it was exactly the same.

I knew people who had ROOMS in their homes decorated to honor their chosen team. Aaaarrrrgh!

Huskies and Cougars here.

DD13 asked me which one I was, and I told her; I'm a Husky in spirit, but my degree will make me a Cougar, so essentially... I don't care.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
M
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy
PS - I miss some really good folks who don't post here very much and MB loses when someone who has lived it, embraced it and recovered - leaves.

I miss them. I acknowledge the impact they have had on my life.
I think of it like this, Kayla - there are angels that will pass through a person's life every day. Some stay for awhile, others are temporary and are there for only a set time. Then their work is done and they go on. I am grateful to have felt their presence for as long as I did.

I get the impression that Meggy is not talking about the posters you and I are thinking about.

P
OP Offline
P
Thank you MB, you said that much better than I did. I actually feel let down when good people leave but everyone has lives outside of this board and there are factors that we may never know about why they go. There is no exit interview. I miss them.

I'm not a mind reader so I can't say who Kayla is thinking about and if I started naming the good ones that I miss I would surely miss some. My dad was a pastor and from time to time he would mention someone's name from the pulpit, whether missing them or welcoming them, he would invariably forget someone and feelings would be hurt. I learned that lesson long ago. Lol!! So let me just say there are good people that i truly miss. The ones subject to my rant, not at all. I just hope that they wake up someday because no matter where they go, they're still there.

D
D
If I hear the words "love child" one more time I'm going to go full blown nucking futz.

V
V
****edit****

P
OP Offline
P
****edit****

Thanks.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
DD.. rotflmao

M
M
Not a rant...

KIMMIE!!!!! I've missed you!!! Would love to hear how you are girl!

kiss

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

D
D
I was ranted at???

It's been...years...lol.

Kewl. I'll update in another thread so as not to TJ anymore than I prolly already did.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
A
A
Rant on:

Foggy waywards that start off by saying "they know how much pain the BS is in, but THEY are in pain too. Don't pick on me.... I am such a victim here."

AUGGGGHHHHH.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
M
M
Originally Posted by armymama
Rant on:

Foggy waywards that start off by saying "they know how much pain the BS is in, but THEY are in pain too. Don't pick on me.... I am such a victim here."

AUGGGGHHHHH.

AM

ur sooo mean!!! crybaby

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
A
Yep.... and just ask my H when he had his head up his fourth point of contact. Of course, he does not think that way any longer.

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
P
P
I just freaking HATE adultery and the price that CHILDREN MUST PAY FOR THE SINS OF THEIR PARENTS
rant2

M
M
Why is it, I wonder, that a hurting poster will come here asking for help, and when they get the help they asked for, they refuse it? dontknow

When the handwriting on the wall is clearly spelled out to them, they insist that it is the wrong language in their case. That it can't possibly be true in their situation.

Then they bring out the roadblocks. "I can't check his computer/phone/whereabouts." Or "He is always where he says he's going to be." Or "I trust him/his friends/his co-workers." Or "I can't hire a PI." Or "I can't afford a GPS/VAR/keylogger." It's every excuse in the book, short of "My spouse is in the witness protection program and I have no contact with him."

They expend valuable time and energy explaining why they won't follow the advice they're given. And then they finally admit that they aren't comfortable snooping to find out the truth about their OWN LIFE. They are willing to blindly entrust everything they have on the very person who drove them to come to this site in the first place!

Why not follow the advice in order to hopefully prove us wrong?? I would LOVE to be wrong in this case!

And their words are the same: "My situation is different. My H/W is different. You don't know me/my H/the co-worker/best friend." Translation: "Tell me what I want to hear - not what I need to hear."

AARGHHH!! rant2

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

K
K
And that is why, 80% of the time, I let you vets tend to the newbies. It's like reading a story about the Hindenburg over and over--you KNOW what's going to happen, they don't, yet they insist it's not going to happen.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
C
C
I'm really new at trying to help others here. Sometimes I just want to reach through the monitor, grab them by the collar and yell. The vets here especially, know where and when the train wreck will happen, but the BS is too afraid to pull the switch.

How do the vets keep helping the BS's and Waywards year after year, knowing most will not listen?

Cypress

Me DH 39
WW 45 EA/PA LTR
DD2 6 yrs old
Divorced 2000

Cypress

I believe God challenges us with every crisis. Its more than just choosing good over evil, we have to learn and grow along the way.
P
OP Offline
P
Because you never know who will end up being a success story, and you never know who might be lurking that DOES get it.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Because you never know who will end up being a success story, and you never know who might be lurking that DOES get it.

Not a vet but ITA. Also, the BS has a fog of their own when they first get here. I had it. Just take a look at my thread and see what I said and did, at first. It was Pep that helped me see clearly. I remember that I was once like them and I see how far I have come. Every journey is a bunch of steps. Sometimes, this is a step that needs to be taken.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
ITA with both PM and Scotty

M
M
Originally Posted by karmasrose
And that is why, 80% of the time, I let you vets tend to the newbies. It's like reading a story about the Hindenburg over and over--you KNOW what's going to happen, they don't, yet they insist it's not going to happen.
Karma, I have wanted so many times to mention to you how much I admire your input on this site. I really do. Thank you for your so many excellent, concise and intelligent posts. hug

Sorry for the t/j, all. Carry on. smile

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 45 of 89 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation