Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
OP Offline
E
Thank you for the information Pepper, and we will both be sure to look over it.

As for the Radio show, I have not looked at it as an option so far, but we will discuss it as well.

For me, I am going to step back and take a few days away from MB to recuperate.

Me - BS
Him - WS
Discovery 3/26/10
NC letter mailed 5/27/10
NC letter recieved 5/29/10
My Thread

Recovery may not be an option. Seriously looking a plan B/D
H
H
Four Rules to Guide Marital Recovery

After you are through withdrawal from the addiction to your lover, your depression will have lifted and you will no longer feel a craving to talk to your lover. At that time you will be ready to put into place rules that will guide you and your husband toward a deep love for each other. After you have followed the rules for a while (six months to two years), you and your husband will be soul-mates.

These are the Four Rules to Guide Marital Recovery that you and your husband should follow to help you restore your love for eachother:

1. The Rule of Protection: Avoid being the cause of your spouse's unhappiness.

If you and your husband want to be in love with each other, you must build your Love Bank accounts. But before you build them, you must be sure there are no leaks in the Love Bank. It's pointless to deposit love units into a sieve, where every deposit is promptly withdrawn by a Love Buster. So you must make a special effort to plug up those leaks by committing yourselves to avoid being the cause of each other's unhappiness.

The most obvious things spouses do to ruin their love for each other is what I call Love Busters. They are angry outbursts, disrespectful judgments, annoying behavior, selfish demands and dishonesty. I describe these destructive habits in my basic concepts, but if you need special help learning how to avoid them, I suggest you read, Love Busters: Overcoming Habits that Destroy Romantic Love. This book will help you identify the Love Busters that keep emptying your Love Bank accounts, and show you how to stop inflicting them on each other.

Most of the Q&A columns I've posted on the Marriage Buildersᆴ web site focuses attention on the Policy of Joint Agreement (never do anything without an enthusiastic agreement between you and your spouse). This policy protects both you and your husband from each other thoughtless decisions. Your affair was a blatant example of thoughtlessness on your part because you knew it would hurt your husband, but you went ahead and did it anyway. The Policy of Joint Agreement is a very important guide to helping you keep the Rule of Protection. That's because it helps you realize that anything you do that hurts your husband is off limits to you, regardless of how wonderful it makes you feel.

If you had followed the Policy of Joint Agreement, you would never have had an affair. But the Policy will also help you avoid hurting each other in a host of other ways, too. My book, Fall in Love, Stay in Love, can help you learn how to follow the Policy of Joint Agreement, and use it to negotiate agreements that are fair for both of you. Once you learn to negotiate with each other fairly, you will have learned how to follow the Rule of Protection.

2. The Rule of Care: Meet your spouse's most important emotional needs.

The way to deposit the most love units is to meet a person's most important emotional needs. Your lover did that when he wrote you all those e-mail letters because conversation was your most important emotional need. After one month of filling your Love Bank with thousands of love units that were e-mailed to you, you found him irresistible -- you were in love with him.

Conversation is not your only important emotional need. Affection, recreational companionship, admiration and sexual fulfillment may be some of the other important emotional needs that your lover met. Unless your husband eventually meets your must important needs as well as your lover met them, you will be frustrated and at risk for another affair.

Sometimes a spouse must learn to meet a need that he or she has never been very effective in meeting. Many of the spouses I've counseled have had to learn to be affectionate for the first time in their lives. They also have had to learn to be stimulating conversationalists and skilled lovers. They have had to learn to provide greater financial support, become more effective in their parenting skills and learn to become admiring instead of being critical. New habits that lead to need fulfillment can be learned by anyone. All it takes is a plan and willingness to follow it until expert level is achieved.

But your husband may already know how to meet your emotional needs. An important reason that you had an affair was that your husband's work schedule prevented him from giving you the attention you craved from him. When you and your husband agree to follow this second Rule to Recovery, his work schedule will no longer stand between you, because meeting your needs will become your husband's highest priority. All the needs that your lover was meeting for you will be met by your husband in the future.

If you need help identifying and learning how to meet each other's important emotional needs, I suggest you read, His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-proof Marriage. It describes the ten most important emotional needs for men and women, and how to become an expert at meeting those needs. When your husband has learned to meet your needs, he will be depositing so many love units that his account in your Love Bank will be overflowing. By then, you will be thoroughly convinced that leaving your lover to rebuild your marriage was the right decision to make.

3: The Rule of Time: Give your spouse your undivided attention.

You indicated in your letter that it was the lack of your spouse's attention that drove you into the arms of your lover. But it may have been more a lack of time than a lack of attention. As I already mentioned, your husband may already know how to meet your emotional needs, but unless he sets aside enough time to do it, all of his skill does you no good at all. It's the man who gives you time for undivided attention who will win your heart.

I suggest that you and your husband plan to spend at least 15 hours each week together, giving each other your undivided attention. Use that time to meet each other's emotional needs for affection, conversation, recreational companionship and sexual fulfillment. I have found that if that amount of time is taken to meet emotional needs, you can spend the rest of your 100 waking hours each week doing just about anything you please, without any risk to your love for each other. But if you do not set aside that time, your good intentions will not buy you a single love unit.

Since most everything we do must be scheduled or we don't do it, I suggest you take about a half an hour each week (say, Sunday afternoon from 3:30 to 4:00) to schedule your time together for the next week. Get out your schedules and write each other into your appointment books. Once scheduled, don't let anything interfere with your time together.

I suggest spending the same days and times together every week because it's easier to remember than a new time each week. Besides, you can be better emotionally prepared to be with each other if you always know that Tuesday evening you will be together from 7 to 10.

I also suggest that you spend time together when you have plenty of energy. Don't give each other the leftovers, give each other the best of yourselves. That's why I generally rule out time together after 11:00 pm. For one thing, you need your sleep for the challenges of the next day, and for another, there are not too many people who are at their best that late at night.

Finally, I suggest that you spread your time out every week, giving each other at least one hour of undivided attention every day. I am generally opposed to cramming all of your time together into a marathon weekend of 15 hours, because undivided attention is required, and 15 hours of anything makes undivided attention almost impossible.

4. The Rule of Honesty: Be completely honest with your spouse.

We have already discussed honesty as an extraordinary precaution to prevent you from contacting your lover, so I won't say much more about it. But what you begin as an extraordinary precaution, must become the standard way you and your husband communicate with each other -- with openness and honesty.

You have not been honest with your husband. If you had been honest, you could never have had an affair. Your honesty is your husband's greatest protection because it lets him know what you are up to. It also helps you both make adjustments to each other. Instead of having an affair, you should have told him how unhappy you were with his negligence of you, and how you were falling in love with another man who would give you his time and attention. If you had ended the budding relationship then, and focused on getting more of your husband's undivided attention, you would not have put both of you through such an ordeal.

The Basic Concepts section of this web site contains a section entitled, "the Policy of Radical Honesty." It outlines precisely what the rule of honesty is. It's complete honesty. I want you to read it over very carefully, because it explains precisely how honest you and your husband are to be with each other.

But be careful not to let Love Busters ruin the purity and value of honesty. Keep anger, disrespect and demands out of your honest expression of facts and feelings. If you can do that, you will find your honesty will not only help you find solutions to your problems, but it will also draw you closer together, and help you become the soul-mates that you can be.

If you are willing to permanently end your relationship with your lover (never see or communicate with him again), get through withdrawal, and then you and your husband follow the Four Rules to Guide Marital Recovery, I guarantee you that you will have a great marriage. And I also guarantee you that neither of you will ever suffer through an affair again.

Using resentment as a way to control and punish a spouse

I'm convinced that what's kept the resentment of S.R.'s husband alive for so many years is that he has found it to be an effective way to control and punish her whenever she doesn't do what he wants. Whenever they have a fight, he brings it up, and it causes her such guilt that it gives him a decided advantage in winning the argument.

By this time, I don't believe that her affair is the problem that she thinks it is. Instead, it is an issue that her husband is using to get the upper hand in his relationship with her. It probably shows up the most whenever she has been reluctant to have sex with him. It throws her off balance whenever he mentions it, and makes her feel guilty, wanting to make it up to him somehow. He may also bring it up whenever she is winning in a power struggle he is having with her.

What she describes to me in her letter is abuse, pure and simple. There is no excuse for the way her husband keeps bringing up her moment of weakness she experienced years ago. He is disrespectful and abusive.

Last edited by HoldHerHand; 06/18/11 04:05 PM.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
E
OP Offline
E
Yes I resent my husband.

He has continued to lie to me, the very action I feel allowed him to have a secret second life. The very action that allowed him to have the affair and keep it a secret.

This is the root of most of the anger I feel towards him. I realize I am not angry over the A anymore, I am angry over the continued lies.

Harley talks about resent versus recovery.

Recovery may not be complete

Resentment usually appears when an experience of the present reminds us of a painful experience of the past. For example, if a wife had been abandoned by her husband after a fight on a vacation, left to find her way home alone from Jamaica, the resentment of that experience would pop up whenever her husband walks out the door during an argument. Very often, continuing resentment means that whatever it was that caused the painful experience is still lurking in the background. And it jumps out every once in a while when evidence of it's existence surfaces.

The procedure for recovery that I suggest usually eliminates the root causes of infidelity, and that makes it unlikely that present experiences will remind a spouse of experiences associated with an affair. If the only time you feel resentment about a spouse's past affair is when your needs have not been met, when your spouse is engaged in a Love Buster, or when the Policy of Joint Agreement or Policy of Radical Honesty has not been followed, then it's the completion of recovery that's your problem, not resentment.

Because someone does not want to get in trouble for their mistakes is not a reason to lie. By saying someone is a protective liar, it sound like it is ok to lie so long as they are protecting themselves. There are no ifs ands or buts. Nothing makes lying ok.

Couples are not only ignorant of ways to improve their marriages; they are often ignorant of the problems themselves. To avoid conflict, they sometimes deliberately misinform each other as to their feelings, personal history, activities, and plans. This not only leads to a failure to meet an important emotional need, and a withdrawal of love units when the deception is discovered, it also makes marital conflicts impossible to resolve. After all, how can you and your spouse solve a problem if your cards are not on the table?

To help you understand how honest you need to be to have a successful marriage, I have written the Policy of Radical Honesty. I call it "radical" because that's how many see my position on the subject. But I view my policy as simply advocating complete honesty in marriage. In our culture I guess that's a radical idea.

The Policy of Radical Honesty

Reveal to your spouse as much
information about yourself as you know;
your thoughts, feelings, habits, likes,
dislikes, personal history, daily activities,
and plans for the future.

To help explain this policy, I have broken it down into four parts:

1. EMOTIONAL HONESTY: Reveal your emotional reactions, both positive and negative, to the events of your life, particularly to your spouse's behavior.

2. HISTORICAL HONESTY: Reveal information about your personal history, particularly events that demonstrate personal weakness or failure.

3. CURRENT HONESTY: Reveal information about the events of your day. Provide your spouse with a calendar of your activities, with special emphasis on those that may affect your spouse.

4. FUTURE HONESTY: Reveal your thoughts and plans regarding future activities and objectives.

To some extent this policy seems like motherhood and apple pie. Who would argue that it's not a good idea to be honest? But in my years of experience as a marriage counselor, I have constantly struggled with the belief of many clients that dishonesty can be a good idea under certain conditions. Moreover, pastors and counselors themselves often advise dishonesty when a spouse has committed a particularly thoughtless act, such as infidelity. And many marital therapists warn against complaining, something that some consider one of the seven deadly sins of marriage. So instead of complaining, spouses often stuff their feelings and try to put a good face on a bad situation.

Granted, dishonesty can be a good short-term solution to marital conflict. It will probably get you off the hook for a few days or months or keep the problem on the back burner. But it's a terrible long-term solution. If you expect to live with each other for the next few years and still be in love, dishonesty can get you into a great deal of trouble.

Since I was a teenager, I have believed that lying is a two-fold betrayal. First you have betrayed me with whatever you are hiding, otherwise you would not be hiding it.

Second you lie to cover it up. This is the second betrayal.

I have believed this since I was 13 years old. 13!

I resent being lied to. Plain and simple.

And my marriage can not be fixed or healed until the lies stop.

No matter how I handle the situation, it is still my husband's CHOICE to lie or be honest. He knows these are my feelings, he has known this since we met when I was 16. He has to choose honesty over fear. After all, I chose him over seeking to protect myself from the pain his actions caused.

Me - BS
Him - WS
Discovery 3/26/10
NC letter mailed 5/27/10
My Thread

H
H
We cannot advise you as to how to "fix" your husband. It would be nice if we could, but we cannot.

He needs to own up on that.

I cannot "fix" my wife. It would be a fruitless effort which would destroy her love for me, as well as destroying the love I am trying to rebuild for her.

Being a protective liar does not make it "OK."

Read the literature more. Protective liars are one of the types of liars Dr. Harley mentions.

It could be just as true that Jafo is a "born liar," and will never be honest.

You wouldn't be expected to tolerate continued dishonesty.

As betrayed spouses, the best we can do is to keep our side of the street clean, Eluna. No ifs, ands, or buts. We keep our side of the street clean.

If our (F)WS's can't keep their side clean, then we have the choice to move on. Nay, we have the right to no longer tolerate their abuse or neglect.

But, to do so with a clean conscience, to do so knowing that we did what we were supposed to do, we also have to follow the same rules.

Don't become the thing you resent.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
E
OP Offline
E
Since my request that HHH no longer post on my thread has been purposely ignored twice, I sought help and was directed to the ignore user function.

For the record. HHH has now been ignored and I can no longer view anything he says.

Me - BS
Him - WS
Discovery 3/26/10
NC letter mailed 5/27/10
My Thread

E
OP Offline
E
The weekend was a bit trying, not because of anything H did, but because I was so upset. H understood why I was upset, listened to my feelings, and tried to get my mind off of it.

H managed to get my mind off of things for a little while on Saturday, which was a good thing. Otherwise I would have allowed the drama to ruin our anniversary.

Instead, I called my parents and asked them to keep our son for a few hours. H and I went out to eat, and then played miniature golf and ski ball. We just enjoyed ourselves. No competition, just us.

Sunday we got up and went to church. Left from church and went to my parents for Father's day. Had dinner with them, then came home and put DS to bed.

We talked for a little bit, and he told me that he had really enjoyed how I dressed up for Fathers day. That conversation allowed me to relax a little and for us to enjoy a little SF time.

He is finally, for the first time since d-day, starting to really invest in the M. And I am glad to see that.

Things are calming down for us now. I want to let my guard down with H but, it has been less than 2 weeks since I discovered he was looking at porn again. Even if he starts radical honesty right now, it is still going to take time for me to believe he is sincere.

Me - BS
Him - WS
Discovery 3/26/10
NC letter mailed 5/27/10
My Thread

E
OP Offline
E
We are taking DS and getting away tomorrow. Planning on spending the day together at the beach, and maybe take DS to one of the local attractions there.

H and I watch "someone like you" last night. And there was a line that really bugged me. "If he is not sleeping with you, he is sleeping with someone else."

I told H this morning that it bothered me. And when he asked me why, I told him that I felt lonely and wished he would engage me more for SF. Yes I am asking him for more SF.

He gave me the normal spill, I thought you were tired and did not want to bother you. This frustrated me, because he did not ask me if I was tired, he assumed I was. While I appreciate the sentiment of trying to care for me, I really wish he would talk to me and identify what I need before deciding what I need from him.

H finally asked me what I needed, in order to increase our SF. I told him that verbal foreplay would be nice.

Me - BS
Him - WS
Discovery 3/26/10
NC letter mailed 5/27/10
My Thread

E
OP Offline
E
We had a very good week.

Caught DS lying, so I had to sit down with him and try to explain the difference between lying and telling the truth. Of course since he is 2 almost 3, I had to explain it in very simple terms. Good guys versus bad guys. I told him that bad people lie, and asked him if he wanted to be a bad person. So why am I bring up this? H told me that listening to that conversation, it shook him to his core. He realized that more than anything he wanted to set a good example for DS, and that he could not do that if he did not follow the rules either. Maybe he is getting it?

We had a wonderful family day on Saturday. We got to go out to a local pool. All three of us,(H, myself, and DS) had an absolute blast. That was the happiest I have felt in a very long time. I even remember thinking what a beautiful day it was being able to enjoy that time with H.

We also managed to sneak in some extra alone adult time while DS was napping over the weekend.

I admitted this weekend, that I want to let H back into my heart, but I am scared to do so. I am still in full protection mode, and it is so hard to let go of that feeling that I need to protect myself. I hope as time goes on and he proves that he is being honest (which I hope he can) then maybe I will stop feeling this way.

Me - BS
Him - WS
Discovery 3/26/10
NC letter mailed 5/27/10
My Thread

L
L
Your recovery just started a couple of months ago; give it time. We're into this for 7 months, and I'm still feeling gun-shy. I believe it when the vets say the recovery period is a minimum of 2 years. It is likely to take that long just to feel safe again in the marriage.

The actions your husband are doing must become habits and then they will become ingrained. Just keep on going, and post here when you need some reassurance. I keep reciting what the vets say about recovery time. My FWH also repeats it to me as a reminder.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
E
OP Offline
E
51CD30

Sorry, but we are 1.3 years into recovery. frown I found out in March of 2010.

We have had some set backs and trickle truth to contend with.

Me - BS
Him - WS
Discovery 3/26/10
NC letter mailed 5/27/10
My Thread

L
L
Eluna, I'm so sorry. Yes, I see the 2010 now. Trickle-truthing makes it worse. It is shattering to discover adultery, but finding out a little truth at a time is terrible blow each time.

From what you are saying, your husband is remorseful and following the MB plan, right?

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
E
OP Offline
E
He is trying.

We had another set back last month where I discovered him lying to me.

As far as the A, he is still following NC and has done so since D-day. At this point, I feel like he is trying. But he has learn total honesty, and that is a hard thing for him to be that exposed to someone else. Until then though, there is no true moving forward.

Me - BS
Him - WS
Discovery 3/26/10
NC letter mailed 5/27/10
My Thread

E
OP Offline
E
Well that was an eye opener.

Since D-day, I have consciously tried to depend on H for emotional support. I figured if I chose to depend on him, then I would have less chance of slipping into a revenge A myself.

So I have consistently laid my emotions out for him. And I have repeatedly been hurt when I have done so as he has not been there for me. But yet I tried again and again.

Finally came to a head. Each time I have brought up that I needed him there, and he was not, he would tell me he did not know how.

Today I explained that it felt like he had no respect for me. He would continue to apologize for the issue, but failed to fix the problem, over and over. That I felt if he had respect for me he would have endeavored to find a solution to the problem.

So today I asked him why he has continued to show this lack of care. He tells me when we moved in together, that he felt I did not have the coping skills to deal with life. So he decided to make sure I developed them by leaving me to deal with situations by myself. And he has continued to do so.

I have willingly given up my personal support system in order to focus 100% of fixing our marriage. Only to find out today, that I am emotionally alone. I now have no support system left and a husband who has emotionally abandoned me and feels like it is ok to continue this path.

I do not want to be in marriage when I am left to deal with any and everything by myself. I do not want to be in a marriage where I am abandoned.

Me - BS
Him - WS
Discovery 3/26/10
NC letter mailed 5/27/10
My Thread

E
OP Offline
E
Do I have no support system here as well? Please help.

Me - BS
Him - WS
Discovery 3/26/10
NC letter mailed 5/27/10
My Thread

J
J
EunainNC,

I hear so much disappointment in your statements.
All I can say is I think you need to work on yourself a bit more and really figure out your boundaries because they are right for you...........
You can't make someone else try, you can only conduct yourself the way you want that to be..........if you feel it do, if you don't, then don't ......that is you being who you chose to be..........
I would change who I was be the best woman you can be, make your life important, do what pleases you, if your husband can't stay with you or can't better himself for him or your marriage you can't worry about that.......
I would get that support system back and let your husband know that you need more from him that he is willing to give and that you two need to come up with a plan together to make the marriage work, if not then you must just let each other go and find lives separately.......
You are worth more than feeling the way you do.........
Be who you want to be, act like the person you want to be, be confident in you, if he can't get on board than that is the life he choses for himself, you cannot be responsible for his happiness and commitment in this world...........
you work together with a great plan, slowly changing what is wrong or you work on yourself and make the best life for you.............you cannot just stay stuck hoping that some miracle will make life better for you.......
jessi

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
R
R
You do have a support system here, and I know that for me personally I really empathize with your pain. So much of what you say really sounds so familiar to me, because it stuff that I have dealt with or am dealing with when it comes to my own FWH.

I wish I could give you a hug IRL, because I know how confusing it is, and how deeply it hurts.

You need your support system, both here and with family and friends. You cant handle this all alone, and it will drive you crazy to try. Dont turn it in to a bashing session of your H, it will damage relationships with them later if they hate him, but they can give you encouragement and a shoulder to lean on.

I agree with what has been said about your boundaries. I am struggling with this issue myself, but I think it's really worth it and brings so much peace. You can check out my thread from the last few days if it's of interest to you.

You cant make him try, but you can choose not to remain with someone who is not trying.

What do you need from him to feel that you are not abandoned? What do you need to feel that he is helping you to deal with things?

Be specific and focus on actions that you think you would like to see.

Are you willing to live in a M with him if he is not willing to brainstorm solutions with you to get this need met?

You cant force him to, and if you have tried your hardest to be the best woman and spouse that you can be and he is not willing to do what it takes to make you feel safe and loved then you go to Plan B. To protect yourself from him, to protect the love you still have for him.

Soon you will have none left and then you have much less of a chance at recovery, because you want recovery anymore.

I am the Queen of not doing Plan B when I should have. I let the hurtful behaviors continue until I would have ripped my H's eyes out and fed them to my cat if I could have gotten my hands on him. I hated him more than I have ever hated anyone.

Dont do what I did, know what you can and cannot live with and love yourself enough not to settle for anything less than that.

Oh if you stop by my thread there are some posts there by HHH, so if you are missing parts it is because you cant see his posts.

Last edited by RisingFromAshes; 07/15/11 02:24 PM. Reason: added info

We lived in two different countries for two years. Thank you US Army.

Me-24 FWW/BW
DH-27 FWH/BH
DS-6 years DD- 1 year

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. ~Henry David Thoreau

Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death. ~Anaïs Nin

If you aren't sure who you are, you might as well work on who you want to be. ~Robert Brault,

E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by RisingFromAshes
You cant force him to, and if you have tried your hardest to be the best woman and spouse that you can be and he is not willing to do what it takes to make you feel safe and loved then you go to Plan B. To protect yourself from him, to protect the love you still have for him.

Soon you will have none left and then you have much less of a chance at recovery, because you want recovery anymore.

I don't know where I am any longer. I thought D-day was bad, but to find out that I have spent 6 years going up and down through depression, because he felt I needed to learn a lesson. That is just cruelty. And I really do not want to be with someone who could do that to me.

My love for him was already diminishing because I could not feel a connection with him. But to find out it was deliberate on his part, I think that drove the love bank completely into the red.

I asked him to leave. He said no. So now I need to figure out what is best for me and DS. We have a spare bedroom, so I think I clean that up and move in there while I figure out how to get him to leave, or to make other arrangements for DS and myself.

I made a promise to my son that I would not leave him and I meant it. As is he is having melt downs from separation anxiety. I want to try to keep things as calm as possible for his sake, but if we have to leave the only home he has ever known, I will do it.

Me - BS
Him - WS
Discovery 3/26/10
NC letter mailed 5/27/10
My Thread

R
R
Eluna,

I have been busy this weekend helping my mom move after a house fire, but I want you to know that I am reading and I will be back in a few hours to post.

Hang in there, you are not alone.

Me-24 FWW/BW
DH-27 FWH/BH
DS-6 years DD- 1 year

Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death. ~Anaïs Nin

If you aren't sure who you are, you might as well work on who you want to be. ~Robert Brault,

R
R
Sorry it took me longer than I expected to get some time free to post.

How are you feeling now? Have things calmed down at all between you?

If you are dead set about divorce I don't see any harm in moving into the spare room until one of you is ready to move out.

If you are thinking of doing Plan B with the hope that he can get some counseling etc and possibly recover the M later I think I would stay in the bedroom with your H until you are ready to go dark. Give him a last strong Plan A until you are ready to go, so that he has the best memories possible of you. It may be the incentive that convinces him to seek help or whatever your goal is for Plan B.

I know how hard it is when everything in you is telling you that you just cant handle being in the M anymore, but you really want to stay because of the kids.

If you are not quite set on doing Plan B or D yet and want to give it another try because of your son I am certainly not going to judge you for it.

Whatever your decision just come back and keep posting so you can have people to talk to and help you through.

Last edited by RisingFromAshes; 07/17/11 07:06 PM.

Me-24 FWW/BW
DH-27 FWH/BH
DS-6 years DD- 1 year

E
OP Offline
E
For now I am here. I am hurting a lot on the inside, and have no want to trust H any longer. I feel like I will never be able to trust anything he says again.

He continues to make promises and continues to break them. I just don't want to throw my heart back into it. I am rapidly reaching the point of no return, and truthfully that place scares the begeezs out of me.

Me - BS
Him - WS
Discovery 3/26/10
NC letter mailed 5/27/10
My Thread

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,105 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation