Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 36 1 2 33 34 35 36
B
B
Originally Posted by SunnyDinTX
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Glad to hear from you Sunny. smile

Thanks, Brainy!
smile

I sure could use someone like you for my classes. Would you be willing to search the web and link info for me so I can go right to it any time I need an answer????

LOL
Haha, I seem to fall quite easy into that description in my life. I do it in my job also.

I wish everything in life was that easy. smile

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

C
C
Originally Posted by SunnyDinTX
Well, hit the hurdles one at a time and before you know it, you'll be sitting in class, wondering what the heck you got yourself into, like me! LOL

Yeah I can relate..

Just got a letter from SSA but it is not all the info DORS was asking for so..up to SSA again next week..

Wish They would give me a number for a form that i needed to make it easier, but hey, this is gov't I am talking about..

What am I thinking?

Its like the registry..

Hey if I was in a third world country they would have already put me out to pasture or I would be working at the circus as a geek biting off the heads of chickens..

Things are going OK Sunny, I am sure I will be in a class stretching my brain soon enough

N
N
...or I would be working at the circus as a geek biting off the heads of chickens.

Hey! Kwitcher bitchin' ! Trolls like me wish we could get promoted to the HEADS, instead of the chicken-ends we're forced to bite!

C
C
Hey at least we still have the heads to bite, but with all the engineering now-a-days, they dont have beaks so...

Do they still have butts?

Oh it must be my brain again.. twoxfour Cp

C
C
Just did the luminosity free tests online and scored pretty high for my age group..

Wonder if that would count towards a resume'?

Lol Nooo

The schools recommend the people who go to college, and there is a system of payback from the businesses that hire college grads, that the businesses just can't resist.

Don't be fooled, education is business too.

You can be the sharpest knife in the drawer and if you don't have the sheepskin from college, you will not go anywhere.

Yeah its part of the racket lol

"You wanna play, you gotta pay"

Just like "Poverty is Big Business"

Again Glad you are doing what it takes Sunny

S
OP Offline
S
Ya'll made me literally laugh out loud.....
lol

CP, I agree: education is HUGE business!

I little spent my weekend studying Astronomy - ALL weekend. I took a break for church and lunch with the family... and a few hours of UA time with the hubby Friday and Saturday night, but other than that it was homework time. Today is Psych and Geology... This semester is going to kill me! My Astronomy professor was trying to talk me into doing it as Honors but I just don't think I can: too much work. I need to make sure I don't get swept up and make my marriage/family backburner items. Besides, I already have my Honors with Distinction for my Associate's degree.

The cool part is, I got a loaner telescope and H and I will enjoy looking at the stars and other celestial bodies in the sky! I can go to our local observatory for extra credit and H can come with me! For my geology class we can go to the museum and look at all the mineral samples and stuff too. SO...lots of recreational activities that can be implemented in. We're kind of a couple of nerds in this regard - love this stuff - so, it's all good! smile

"The #1 reason why people give up so quickly is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, rather than how far they've gotten."

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)
Surviving and Thriving since November 2010 thanks to MB!
My Recovery Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2538986#Post2538986
My Original Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2457141&page=1

C
C
Cool so do you watch "The big bang theory"? I mean if your a professing Nerd and stuff..

But seriously great thing that you and your hubby can look at the stars and it sounds like you guys will have fun with it.

So tomorrow will find out whats happening with my stuff from SSA, and somehow I will have to admit publicly that it was my fault because I did something wrong, sign a disclaimer, give a sacrifice, something along those lines..

Will catch ya up when I know something Sunny

S
OP Offline
S
LOVE Big Bang Theory! Probably our favorite show! smile

Ugh...good luck tomorrow!

"The #1 reason why people give up so quickly is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, rather than how far they've gotten."

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)
My Recovery Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2538986#Post2538986
My Original Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2457141&page=1

O
O
Hi SunnyD -
I've never seen Big Bang...
I thought I would pop by and reintroduce myself. smile
OE

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Openeyes11
Hi SunnyD -
I've never seen Big Bang...
I thought I would pop by and reintroduce myself. smile
OE

Good to hear from you, OE!

You have to see an episode or two...it's really funny! This semester I am taking Geology and Astronomy - which has a lot of physics in it - so it is particularly funny to me right now. Well, when I have time to watch that is: extremely full workload for me right now. (Which is why I am not on here a lot these days.) However, my mini-mester class (which is double time) ends in about 10 days - so, I should be able to help out around here a little more after that. smile

I should add...my H has been GREAT with my schedule. He's helped me so much! Love that man! smile We're going to get away for the weekend in the new few weeks...looking forward to that.

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)

N
N
If you've never seen "Big Bang", go to youtube and search on TBBT. There are many clips there of some of the funniest moments.

Personally, I preferred the episodes prior to Bernadette, when Wolowicz was portrayed as an unreconstructed horndog - the dickey, bright shirts, tight pants, and smarmy double-entendre comments. Brings me back to my freshman year in college!

P
P
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
If you've never seen "Big Bang", go to youtube and search on TBBT. There are many clips there of some of the funniest moments.

Personally, I preferred the episodes prior to Bernadette, when Wolowicz was portrayed as an unreconstructed horndog - the dickey, bright shirts, tight pants, and smarmy double-entendre comments. Brings me back to my freshman year in college!

rotflmao

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Pepperband

rotflmao

I'll ditto that!!!! LOL

Wolowicz IS pretty funny. My favorite episode thought has got to be when Penny gives Sheldon a napkin for Christmas that Leonard Nemoy has not only signed, but used. I think it's called "The Gift Basket Hypothesis." His reaction is just the funniest thing - and best acting - I've ever seen on TV! I can't believe he keeps getting beat out by John Cryer for the Emmy for Best Actor on a tv show....

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)

N
N
SDIT, I will respectfully honor your identification of the Leonard Nimoy piece as hilarious, probably tied for "Honorable Mention" with the WillWheaton/MiMaw/EnchantedBunny segment.

But the hands-down winner, IMHO, is any of the scenes with Laurie Metcalf as "Mrs. Cooper"! ("Rajesh, I made chicken. Is that one of the animals your people consider magic?")

S
OP Offline
S
SDIT, I will respectfully honor your identification of the Leonard Nimoy piece as hilarious, probably tied for "Honorable Mention" with the WillWheaton/MiMaw/EnchantedBunny segment.

But the hands-down winner, IMHO, is any of the scenes with Laurie Metcalf as "Mrs. Cooper"! ("Rajesh, I made chicken. Is that one of the animals your people consider magic?")

Ha ha! Love the Will Wheaton scenes and you're right: that MiMaw/Enchanted Bunny episode was pretty darn funny.

Yeah...Laurie Metcalf does do a great job - no doubt about it. Remember when she had them praying in church? Some of her lines are undoubtedly the funniest anywhere.

Just a great job of writing all the way around on this show.

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)

N
N
For me, Mrs. Cooper's signature line will always be (to a protesting Sheldon):

"I'm sorry, did you think I said, '...if it please your Royal Highness' "?

M
M
The best line of the Nimoy napkin episode is Penney's after Sheldon says, "do you know realize what this means?, all I need is a healthy ovum and I can grow my own Leonard Nimoy."

Penney, "Okay, all Im giving you is the napkin, Sheldon."

----

But, Amy Farrah Fowler seems to steals every episode this season.

----

The best Laurie Metcalf lines were when Sheldon left for Texas after the guys tricked him with his experiment at the North Pole.

"I will spend the rest of my life here in Texas, trying to teach evolution to creationists."

"You watch your mouth, Shelly. Everyone's entitled to their opinion"

"Evolution isn't an opinion, it's fact."

"And that is your opinion."

Sheldon Cooper: [to the others] I forgive you. Let's go home.
[leaves]

"Don't tell me prayer doesn't work."

(This was a needed diversion from our usual fare here, thanks.)

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
S
OP Offline
S
For me, Mrs. Cooper's signature line will always be (to a protesting Sheldon):

"I'm sorry, did you think I said, '...if it please your Royal Highness' "?

Ahhh...definitely a good one! It's great how she's the only one that can keep "Shelly" in line!

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by MikeStillSmiling
The best line of the Nimoy napkin episode is Penney's after Sheldon says, "do you know realize what this means?, all I need is a healthy ovum and I can grow my own Leonard Nimoy."

Penney, "Okay, all Im giving you is the napkin, Sheldon."

----

But, Amy Farrah Fowler seems to steals every episode this season.

----

The best Laurie Metcalf lines were when Sheldon left for Texas after the guys tricked him with his experiment at the North Pole.

"I will spend the rest of my life here in Texas, trying to teach evolution to creationists."

"You watch your mouth, Shelly. Everyone's entitled to their opinion"

"Evolution isn't an opinion, it's fact."

"And that is your opinion."

Sheldon Cooper: [to the others] I forgive you. Let's go home.
[leaves]

"Don't tell me prayer doesn't work."

(This was a needed diversion from our usual fare here, thanks.)

Yep - Love that Penny line..and Sheldon grabbing all those baskets..."I know...it's not enough!!!" LOL

I'd forgotten about Sheldon going back to Texas...thanks for the reminder of that one: made me laugh!

I love how the addition of Bernadette and Amy Farah Fowler added to the show and didn't take away from the core group. Well done!

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)

E
E
Sunny, just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all of the encouraging support you have given me. You have helped me tremendously since my first day here and I will never forget it.

Take care,
RQ

Page 35 of 36 1 2 33 34 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 986 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation