Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
I use DexRex: http://dexrex.com/

It captures all text messages sent and received on a phone.

Again, my WH isn't tech savvy so when I told him it was SMS Backup, meaning it helps make sure attachments don't have viruses, he believed me. So, unless you can explain it away, it's pretty obvious. Blackberry can hide icons, so you might be able to get away with it for a length of time determined by when your WS decides to unhide something they hid. I've never used an iPhone, so I don't know if there is a hide feature. I know on Droid X, Droid and Droid 2 there isn't. It's there for all to see.

Me: BW
WH 41 (practicing alcoholic)
Married 20 yrs
DS20, DD15, DD9
Too many D-Days to account for, more FRs than I care to admit
NC since 03/11, broken 04/11
NC again 07/11 broken 12/11
Plan D full steam ahead, made WH leave
WH now living with his "soul mate" (we call her donkeychui) 1/13/2012
D filed 01/25/2012
D final 05/15/2012
M
M
Thanks TickyTock!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
You dont even need to install an app on the iPhone to get the SMS messages and everything else on it. I'm working on drafting a thread that will show how to recover all of that information without even touching the phone.

BH (Me)-30
FWW (BostonLover)-29
Married 7/2004
D-Day 14&16 Feb, 2011
Starting Recovery
M
M
nelsonak- can you tell how you can capture texts and other things on an iphone.
My FWH has a new iphone 4. I haven't found any thing that can be used since it can't be jailbroken.

Me:BW 34yo
FWH: 36yo
Married:11 years
Together:16 years (dated through college years)
3 Children: 8, 7, 2
EA 10/2009 PA began 12/09 lasted until 4/10
EA Discovery 1/10 & PA Discovery 4/10
What I thought was "no-contact" in 1/10 was a FR
Last known contact June 2010
Believe we are finally in firm no-contact and working on recovering.
N
N
MBJG- Do you use Macs or PCs at home? The nice thing about having an iPhone, is that every time you connect it to your computer to sync with iTunes, iTunes makes a backup of the phone. That includes, contacts, SMS/MMS message, pictures, bookmarks, browser history I believe, basically everything but email messages unfortunately. This means you don't need the phone to view what is on it. The only downside is, you'll only have data since they last connected the phone and synced it. You can always grab his phone and connect it and it will just sync up and then you'll have the latest information. I can help further once I know what kind of computer you use.

Last edited by nelsonak; 03/30/11 07:16 AM.

BH (Me)-30
FWW (BostonLover)-29
Married 7/2004
D-Day 14&16 Feb, 2011
Starting Recovery
C
C
hi nelsonak - i need to do this with an iPhone 3.x - I have a PC - running XP. would really appreciat it if you could explain what I need to do...also if I do this, will there be any indication on the phone that i did it? I do not believe WH syncs often - saying that because I don't see a dongle/cable by this pc... but he must at some point but it's maybe once a month... phone is on a GSM network so Brickhouse won't work ;(

R
R
Nelsonak
Do you have more info on retrieving texts from an iPhone 4? It is password protected and cannot be jailbroken?
Thanks

R
R
Originally Posted by nelsonak
You dont even need to install an app on the iPhone to get the SMS messages and everything else on it. I'm working on drafting a thread that will show how to recover all of that information without even touching the phone.
have you any more information about this? Thanks

B
B
I need some information for a Samsung Intensity phone that the infidel my husband has I have tracked his calls and know that he is still texting the ow. I also have a key logger installed on the computer and found out some more things. I need advice bad

M
M
Originally Posted by browneyedgirl913
I need some information for a Samsung Intensity phone that the infidel my husband has I have tracked his calls and know that he is still texting the ow. I also have a key logger installed on the computer and found out some more things. I need advice bad

BEG, you can try eblaster for cell phones if he has blackberry or android. It does work really well and runs $65. it is here: here

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
OP Offline
T
For quick and dirty checking up on text messages that he might be deleting, use SMS Backup http://lifehacker.com/5458083/back-up-your-sms-messages-to-a-gmail-label-on-android

Settings: You need an email address to have them sent to and the password.

I just did a test with a gmail account different than my phone is registered with and it worked fine. I would probably make a new one with a generic name like "backup8765@gmail.com" (the last 4 numbers being the last 4 of his telephone number, so if they find it and looks, it's doesn't seem immediately like what it is. If you do and they do see it and try to access, make sure the security questions are NOT ones they could answer.

Also note, though, when you check the setting to mark as read, it doesn't sent a notification of a new message. It stores them under the SMS label (or whatever you want to label them) as read threads. You can find the labels on the left bar when you're viewing mail.google.com. When I tried it with Outlook Express, all the messages went to the inbox so you would have to move them yourself to a folder or make mail rules (note: I'm not sure if you can in Outlook Express, but you definitely can in Outlook).

Another hint I thought could be added here to get email passwords:

If you don't have WS's password, you can get it if they're not super sharp. I got my WHs by installing DesktopShark (free), then sent him an email with desktop backgrounds that I asked him to log in and download to the computer with DesktopShark installed on. After he went to bed, I just checked the log and voila! I had his username and password.

Married 20 yrs
DS20, DD15, DD9
D filed 01/25/2012
D final 05/15/2012
B
B
He does not have a blackberry or an android. Samsung Intensity one. I have not exposed the ow to her husband yet I have an address. My husband is still here. He has been going to counseling and still in contact with the ow. Im not really understanding plan A should I go ahead and expose her for what she has done.

T
OP Offline
T
browneyedgirl, you should post back on your thread with the questions about Plan A and B. There's a lot more traffic on SI than here, and you'll get much more info.

From what I've been able to figure out via Google, the Samsung Intensity 1 is just a texting phone, right? Not a smart phone? I don't have much info for those, but I can look to see if there's some options. There isn't much you can do to a phone you can't install apps on.

Married 20 yrs
DS20, DD15, DD9
D filed 01/25/2012
D final 05/15/2012
B
B
Thanks Tickytock just a texting phone is right. He is in Brazil right now and told me he ended it with her. We have been seeing a marriage counselor and she has been reinforcing that he needs to give OW up. We are talking now which is some progress.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation