Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
M
M
MM, if by separation you mean that they still both work at the same school and see each other at occasional meetings, you know that won't work, right? ARe you hoping he will fire the OM? That would be ideal, however, the responsibility for separation is your wife's. It is up to her to figure that out and she won't figure that out until you give her that condition.

She needs to know she has to end contact for life and she needs to make that happen. I fully expect her to tell you to go to hell the first time you say that, but as her affair crumbles she is going to realize you are the best option. That is why she needs to be told NOW you won't stay in this marriage unless she ends all contact for life.

MM, be a broken record. She thinks you will accept her on HER terms and she needs to be disabused of that notion now.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Got it - thanks.

Me: 44
She: 38
Married: 11yrs
Children: 8yo daughter
Length of Affair: 6 weeks PA
Currently Plan A
P
P
Originally Posted by MoveMountains
Originally Posted by TheRoad
This can be construed as the OM is using his position of authority over WW.

Exactly - it's my hope that the Super does his job in separating them - I think that would be the best option.

Now might be a good time to hire an attorney and subpoena WW's HR personnel file from her job.

Provide the superintendant with 'motivation' ..... AKA fear.

Last edited by Pepperband; 09/03/11 10:10 AM.
B
B
Originally Posted by MoveMountains
Just sent a follow up email to the super:
Dr super,
As a follow up to our conversation I have attached a screenshot of an email thread between WW & Mr. OM written this past Tuesday 8/30/11. While someone without the knowledge of the affair might overlook the verbiage of the email, I can tell you that after viewing the documentation I have, talking with Mr. OM and hearing WW's confession, this email is a clear indicator something is still going on. And it's precisely the situation you want to avoid.

Dr. super you asked me what I wanted out of this and I was honest that I want to save my marriage. The ONLY way that can happen is if these two are separated. So I would hope that in a short amount of time (a few days) you can accomplish that. There are 2 families at stake here with three children. I have spoken with Mr. OM's wife and she too is committed to trying to save their marriage. But again the ONLY way that can happen is for these two to be separated.

My other option is to demand that WW quit her job and I so hope it does not come to that but that's what I'm willing to do to save my marriage.

Best,
BS

Email Thread:
WW: I appear to be on 3 committees, let me know which ones will be removed from my duties.

OM: You do not appear to be overworked - I am sure you can handle three committees

WW: Oh really? I'll make a note of that for my next evaluation conference.

OM: Would this be a good time to have an evaluation?

I wouldn't have sent that "as is." While it would be nice if people cared about your marriage, your best way to set a fire under the Super/HR is to appeal to them on a legal/reputation basis. They will not want potential sexual harrassment issues...consent or not and they sure as heck don't want to be seen as tolerating adultery. Just look at the media for public outrage these days...they don't want that coming to their school...politics if nothing else. They will not want the PTA or parents finding our about the affair. Your WW is a counselor of all things.

While you can mention the moral issues and the marriages to "soften" up the tone of the letter (and I would include that myself), you don't want to not hit on the issues that will make them be concerned the most.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
G
G
MoveMountains,

black_raven is right.

You might want to consider having the next communication to the school come from your lawyer. You're not a legal eagle yourself (neither am I), and you at least need someone to bounce these kinds of communications off of before you send them. A letter from your attorney, on stern-looking letterhead and "regarding the matter of MoveMountains' spouse and another employee of yours" and their potential workplace misconduct and/or abuse of authority, involving considerations of potential liabilities for favoritism, harrassment, et al. & etc., is what will cause the super to start needing a plastic seat-cover for the fancy leather chair in his office.

Schools officials don't care foremost about your marriage or your kids as such. They care foremost about running a school & not having distractions that will interfere with that or mess up their careers/livelihoods in the process. Of course, that's not our ideal of how things should be, but that's just how it is.

Google "Sidwell Friends adultery" to see what schools are afraid of & concerned about. It's not the welfare of your children or the happiness of your home. It's when lawyers get involved & the potential legal & financial liabilities are driven home to the administrators & officials (and to the supervisors/overseers of the administrators & officials) whose reputations & careers are thus placed at peril.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
P
P
Originally Posted by GloveOil
Google "Sidwell Friends adultery" to see what schools are afraid of.

Wow.
Very interesting.

LINK to newspaper article from 5/12/11

Originally Posted by The news article
Mr. Newmyer, who attended the school, is suing it for $10 million, alleging negligent supervision, professional malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty and infliction of emotional distress. In affidavits, family friends say that the girl went from being outgoing to anxious and sad.

Link to court document <~~~ sexual emails described paragraph 23.

If this article does not frighten the school super, what the hell will?

Last edited by Pepperband; 09/03/11 11:40 AM.
M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by GloveOil
Google "Sidwell Friends adultery" to see what schools are afraid of.

Wow.
Very interesting.

LINK to newspaper article from 5/12/11

Originally Posted by The news article
Mr. Newmyer, who attended the school, is suing it for $10 million, alleging negligent supervision, professional malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty and infliction of emotional distress. In affidavits, family friends say that the girl went from being outgoing to anxious and sad.

Wow, what a scumbag. The great harm he caused to that little girl's family. I am glad the school is being sued for such an egregious abuse of power. MM, if I were you, I would print that article up and leave it around for your wife to find. Let her take it back to the OM.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Print out the court document. (link was added while Mel was posting)
It's golden.

Last edited by Pepperband; 09/03/11 11:43 AM.
M
M
Print out the court document. (link was added while Mel was posting)
It's golden.

nice!!!

Exposure 101

P
P
The BH is demanding a jury trial.
oooooooooooo
baby

M
M
The BH is demanding a jury trial.
oooooooooooo
baby

[Linked Image from smileyvault.com]

Exposure 101

E
E
All I have to say is wow.

YOU GO DUDE!

That screenshot of the IM'ing was on target! It shows 1)he is using preferential treatment towards your ww and 2)at the SAME TIME, it could be construed that if she doesn't put out for the OM Princip-ho, that he would give her a negative evaluation.

When exactly is her evalutation to take place. I think that it will be interesting to find out when her affair really began and when her last eval was..

You are shooting this affair down!

And maybe get that attny soon;)

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
B
B
You must immediately contact an attorney. You are dealing with serious legal issues with the Super. You will also have a lot more clout if he or she knows that you have engaged an attorney.
In addition, get checked for STD's. Your health and the protection of your daughter should be your number one priority right now. Good luck.

P
P
Originally Posted by Bryanp
You must immediately contact an attorney. You are dealing with serious legal issues with the Super. You will also have a lot more clout if he or she knows that you have engaged an attorney.
In addition, get checked for STD's. Your health and the protection of your daughter should be your number one priority right now. Good luck.

100% correct

T
T
Time to lawyer up.

You wouldn't show to a gun fight with a knife would you.

Well this supt and school board have lawyered up.

L
L
Getting an attorney to represent you AND your wife is a very Plan A action.
Be her hero.

It's a very subtle shifting of OM and your WW against you -- to you and your wife against OM and the school machine.

M
M
Originally Posted by TheRoad
Time to lawyer up.

You wouldn't show to a gun fight with a knife would you.

Well this supt and school board have lawyered up.
YES. Let the attorney do the talking. He can let them know that leaving this POS in a position of moral scholastic authority over minors would be an egregious act of neglect that would leave them open to potential further litigation.

Or lawyerly words to that affect.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks everybody - will post an update in the am.

Currently Plan A
C
C
Originally Posted by peachyisback
This posom is a PREDATORY OM! He is working in a largely female workplace and in a position of power and he should be fired immediately! He is 100 percent a walking, talking, breathing legal liability to his school system.

If this man has no boundaries with women he works with (his staff), then who is to say where he draws his boundaries? I say that maybe even the female students aren't safe with this man around.

Definitely expose to the school system and to his wife. She needs to know she is being exposed to potential std's and that her husband is deliberately each day stabbing her in the back. Doesn't she deserve to know the truth too? I say you both deserved to know the truth.

First thing I thought of, was that they worked at a high school, and the safety of the children also that are there. I was reading this thread, and peachys post matched what I thought too.

So a principal with none? Oh good that we took prayer out of schools puke I imagine being a counselor to teenage girls in this age, also left her open to tranferance and sympathtic emotions, that may have worn her down.

The last page is full of kudos to you, and that is rare, unless you earned them rightly, so I will believe that you are doing what is needed and have done the full exposure also, to protect the innocent, and are protecting yourself too.

Praying for you MM

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
M
OP Offline
M
Things at home are pretty calm right now. Very tense at times but calm. I�ve been able to maintain a confident, helpful persona that may not have a huge effect now but hopefully is planting the seeds for progress down the road.

The exposure phase is for the most part done. I�ve hit every influential person/organization with the message that I want nothing more than to save my marriage and the only way that has a chance of happening is for the affair to end and all contact to end forever. So now that exposure needs to do it�s thing.

I struggle with trying to reconcile what I see as three versions of my wife.
1. The Pre-A version - While things weren�t perfect, they weren�t miserable either. She was someone that I trusted completely and there was a lot of depth to our relationship. We have never had knock-down-dragout fights and I followed advice I was given during counseling before we got married. A big source of conflict before we got married was that when there was an issue I would try to fix it (talk, do things, pull info out) and what my wife really needed was space to figure it out & cool off.

2. The A version - This is where I get really hurt & angry - all the �how could she�s� just go round & round. All the things I read say that this behavior is not my fault and still I wrestle with how I could have done things differently. I do struggle whether I�ll EVER be able to get over this. I know I�m not in a position to make that decision just yet. It is clear as day how we got into this situation.

3. The Fogged Out Mad Version - This is what I�m dealing with now. The evenings seem to go ok & the mornings are full of anger from her. She is sleeping in a spare room on the floor. I suggested out be is a lot better and she said �no way - not until we figure out what we�re doing.� I suppose I�m a little concerned that her not moving out is in reaction to our daughter and as soon as she sees our daughter is going to be ok, she�ll have a legal separation ready. My efforts are to make this a great environment to live in so that at the very least our daughter is happy and WW will have good thoughts about it as she drives out the driveway should it come to that.
Each version gets processed differently in my mind even though it's the same person.

I�m not pushing for anything at the moment. Merely making suggestions occasionally.

This week I�m committed to focusing on me, my work, projects, health & well being. I have to let the exposure & the good things I�m doing at home do their thing.

What I want at this point is the opportunity to try the �text book� methods of reconciling. Everything about this predicament seems so �text-book� that I have hope that the proven steps to recovery will help us get to a much better place.

So I do have a question. After all these actions have taken place and we�re now getting to the long stretch where hopefully the drama will subside, what does a sign of hope look like? What does a crack in the armor of anger look like?

Currently Plan A
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 836 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation