Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2541645 09/06/11 02:39 PM
H
OP Offline
H
I am filled with a sense of emptiness although I don't deserve to find solace. My husband is the victim so I know he's hurting much worse than me. I am filled with a deep sense of sadness and tears are pooling in my eyes. I have tainted an otherwise stable and secure marriage...and it's all my fault, my contribution. My husband may never trust me again and the hard part of that is...there is no timeline...no expiration date of his pain, suffering, and mistrust. I hurt our foundation. I never knew what people were really talking about when they said how painful infidelity is. I just want to escape the pain...but I don't deserve to. I deserve to feel every bit of what I've created and double it...to suffer more than my husband is. I don't know who I am anymore. I've lost faith in myself and my character. I feel unsure in my feet and shoes. I will never know when my husband and I will feel like whole people again. As lOng as he's suffering, I will suffer knowing that I did this.

Does this ever get easier? Will these feelings ever go away for either of us?

I hate myself and despise myself. The words that come to my mind and sum up best are...what have I done???? Oh my God, what have I done????? So much self hatred and remorse is consuming me right now.

HopeSerenityLife #2541665 09/06/11 03:20 PM
I
I
Hi HSL,

Would you start from the beginning!

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
imagine #2541667 09/06/11 03:22 PM
M
M
It is easier to follow if you stick to one thread, but kudos to you for posting here and not contacting OM.

Me BW (37)
WH (37)
DD1 6 yrs DD2 2 yr

A man who abandons his wife and children because of his infidelity is no price. I can do better then that, I deserve better then that.

The difficulties and struggles of today are but the price we must pay for the accomplishments and victories of tomorrow

Men must be honest with themselves before they can be honest with others. A man who is not honest with himself presents a hopeless case
HopeSerenityLife #2541675 09/06/11 03:43 PM
S
S
HSL: Sorry you are here. Yup, your actions caused tremendous pain.

So, stop the pity party and get to work. Clean up your side of the fence in your marriage.

1) Confess everything your husband wants to know.
2) Stop all contact with other man.
3) Read the Basic Concepts here.
4) Expose your affair to close family and friends and tell them you need help to stay on track.
5) Establish extraordinary precautions (EPs), or rules, that you will live by from now on so that you never, ever, ever do this again.
6) Change your email, cell -- even your job -- if you need to not EVER contact the OM again.
7) Figure out each other's biggest emotional needs and meet them, so that you can help your husband heal and restore the love you nearly threw away.
8) Be attentive to your betrayed spouses' feelings; do whatever he asks.

It's time to put on your big girl shoes and start walking the walk of your marriage vows. Get moving.

Me: 47
BH: 48, previously married
Married: Nov. 27, 2004
DDay: Nov. 13, 2010
Kids: stepsons DS17 and DS13
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=35
HopeSerenityLife #2541677 09/06/11 03:53 PM
B
B
Originally Posted by HopeSerenityLife
I am filled with a sense of emptiness although I don't deserve to find solace. My husband is the victim....

Does this ever get easier? Will these feelings ever go away for either of us?

I hate myself and despise myself. The words that come to my mind and sum up best are...what have I done???? Oh my God, what have I done????? So much self hatred and remorse is consuming me right now.

EDITED TO ADD: May I suggest keeping your story in your ORIGINAL THREAD? It's just easier to follow than multiple threads.

Welcome.......the experienced members of this board will help you and MARRIAGE BUILDERS has the information and techniques you need to straighten your Marriage out!!
Are you ready to do that?

Last edited by BillCarolina; 09/06/11 07:59 PM.

BH(Me)= 55
WW(Her)=43
DD=24 (My step-daughter, been raising her since the age of 8, SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!!)
Married=13 yrs
Together=16.5 yrs
THIS IS MY STORY
WW moved out of the home = May 1,2011
D-Day=July 4, 2011
Dear Wife: I'm COMPLETELY CRAZY about you!.....as of Aug-2012 forget that last part....Good Luck to you and GOODBYE!!
"Mourn the woman she was. Know the woman she is."
HopeSerenityLife #2541762 09/06/11 07:25 PM
G
G
Originally Posted by HopeSerenityLife
...Does this ever get easier? Will these feelings ever go away for either of us? ...
HSL, it can get easier & better. But it can get easier & better only if you take actions...
-- actions to restore your husband's sense of emotional safety (by taking concrete steps to safeguard against a resumption of the recent affair & prevent any future affair),
-- actions to restore your own feelings of self-worth (by reestablishing yourself as someone with a new track record of keeping commitments to those whom she loves),
-- and actions to improve your marriage (by your working together with your husband to identify & meet one another's emotional needs better, so that you'll have a marriage that was better than before the affair).

It will never get better simply by your wallowing in self-pity. This accomplishes nothing. It does nothing for you. And it does absolutely nothing for your husband to ease his suffering, as you claim to want to do. So knock off the self-pity party and get busy. You can't build the Great Wall of China -- or the fortress of your marriage -- all in one day by simply wishing it so, or by promising it, or by regretting that you didn't build it earlier. You've got to roll up your sleeves & build it -- in the days, weeks & months to come, patiently, persistently, with perseverance, one brick at a time.

I invested in writing some carefully-considered words of advice to you -- a perfect stranger -- over the weekend on your other thread, and as far as I can tell, you've completely blown me off. Have you changed your home phone numbers, your cellphone numbers, your e-mail addresses, given your husband all of your passwords, and closed your Facebook account as suggested? Have you ordered "Surviving An Affair" or picked up a copy & started reading it? These are all examples of initial actions that you can be taking. If you've taken any of these steps, I haven't heard about it.

Have you done any of the above? I'll expect your answer here, or as far as I'm concerned, you're not serious about any of this.

And stick to one thread, please. On the off-chance that you're serious about recovering your marriage, having the relevant history in a single thread makes it easier for the volunteer posters here to offer you appropriate guidance. You can ask the Forum moderators to combine your threads.

I apologize if this sounds harsh. It's not really meant to. First, keep in mind that it's not remotely harsh compared to what people like you & I inflicted upon our spouses when we cheated on them. And secondly, we've seen a lot of wayward wives appear on this board lately, who have been less than serious about recovering their marriages. So far, by ducking the tough questions, you're following the pattern. Please say something, anything, to make me think you're serious. I'll be here if you are.

Remember, I've been in your shoes.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation