Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 48 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 47 48
P
P
She begged me to let her see him to get her money. As I have had nothing but a remorseful and virtually perfect wife since dday, I reluctantly let her go. I knew where they were going and for how long and I trusted her. (I know all of you will hate that. Again, she has done nothing to make me distrust her and has met all my EN and precautions to the nth degree.)
It doesn't matter how much you trust her. It doesn't matter how much she is committed to never falling for the guy again. It doesn't matter how remorseful or perfect she is.

You let your wife taste her favorite drug. An addict cannot be trusted around their favorite drug, no matter how sober they wish themselves to be.

Today, OMW shows up at my house unnannounced and distraught over this meeting. She is demanding to meet my wife who was at work. She thinks I OK'd a romantic rendevous between our spouses and former lovers.
She was right!!

I in no way feel this has sidetracked our recovery in fact my anxiety and depression is at its lowest level in months.
Your feelings don't mean anything here. You've allowed your wife to be triggered by meeting OM. Recovery is now back at square one, whether you like it or not.

There's a reason this program calls for No Contact for life.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
OP Offline
M
I've made it clear for six months she has less than zero interest in this man. She has done everything ive needed and more. I participated in a hoax for no other reason than to protect money and I regret only THAT.

If I felt but an inkling of withdrawal in her at even the briefest point in the last six months from her, I would not have done what I did.

I ended the secret and ended any reason to ever to speak to them again.

I wish all well. I'm done here.

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
S
S
Originally Posted by MikeStillSmiling
I've made it clear for six months she has less than zero interest in this man.

It is IRRELEVANT what your W has told you her "feelings" are for OM. You became a part of the vicitmization of OMW when you allowed contact between your W and OM not once, but twice, without notifying OMW.

That is why I haven't posted to you since the first time you talked about this during the summer.

Shame on you.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
P
P
I've made it clear for six months she has less than zero interest in this man.
Doesn't matter. You don't ask a recovering drunk to hold a drink.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

M
M
An emotional affair hit is just as damaging as a sexual affair hit.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P
Originally Posted by SusieQ
You became a part of the vicitmization of OMW when you allowed contact between your W and OM not once, but twice, without notifying OMW.
Yes. You've aided in the continued destruction of THEIR marriage. You've caused OMW MORE agony.

And you don't see a problem with that?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

C
C
I've made it clear for six months she has less than zero interest in this man. She has done everything ive needed and more. I participated in a hoax for no other reason than to protect money and I regret only THAT.

actually it hasn't been all that clear... Months ago, she insisted on going to see OM (or you did) to collect cash and build her self esteem. It tells me her self esteem is wrapped up in OM... Or money.

If I felt but an inkling of withdrawal in her at even the briefest point in the last six months from her, I would not have done what I did.

Mike... What do you think her wanting to go back and see OM 1 last time means? It means there is still some kind of connection. OMW realizes this, bro. C'mon. Do you really think your struggles that you've been having lately are abstracted from continued contact (a few months back to collect a few bucks) and won't be now that she has seen him again?

I ended the secret and ended any reason to ever to speak to them again.

until OMW finds another pic or video and emails you again... There really is a reason for no contact. I knew my W's om1. I liked the guy. Had him over for dinner and we all went for drinks one time with friends. Even let him dance with my wife. I thought when I confronted him on the phone we could put it behind us... Until I saw him... I realized that we can never see him again. Ever... either of us.

I wish all well. I'm done here.

Really? Is this what you've been looking for? An out? Gave it the ole college try and you're done? C'mon Mike. You've been triggered for weeks. Honestly, are you working the plan or some kind of modified plan? You can make this work if you follow the plan.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
N
N
If I may summarize yesterday's notes:

MSS: I did something in opposition to the MB recovery principles. I will inform you though I am certain you will respond with disapproval and concern.

MB CHORUS: We disapprove and are concerned!

MSS: That does it! I cannot stand your disapproval and concern. Good-bye!

Is that about right?

C
C
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
If I may summarize yesterday's notes:

MSS: I did something in opposition to the MB recovery principles. I will inform you though I am certain you will respond with disapproval and concern.

MB CHORUS: We disapprove and are concerned!

MSS: That does it! I cannot stand your disapproval and concern. Good-bye!

Is that about right?

I've seen in MSS a growing desire to "get out" of the relationship. He's more and more triggered, focusing more and more on him rather than the M, and I suspect that this was the "out" he was looking for. Giving W just enough rope to hang herself.

**WHEN** this backfires, he's outta there.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
S
S

Originally Posted by celticvoyager
I've seen in MSS a growing desire to "get out" of the relationship. He's more and more triggered, focusing more and more on him rather than the M, and I suspect that this was the "out" he was looking for. Giving W just enough rope to hang herself.

But contact continued. Recovery can't begin when there is ANY contact. There were still meetings going on and plans for money being delivered from OM into the future.

Of course this would trigger MSS and keep him stuck.

Unfortunately, this kind of thing happens when the BS listens to the WS's fogbabble that they are different than the regular WS (not addicted to OP) and some sort of contact is OK. That's what happened here.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
C
C

But contact continued. Recovery can't begin when there is ANY contact. There were still meetings going on and plans for money being delivered from OM into the future.

Of course this would trigger MSS and keep him stuck.

Unfortunately, this kind of thing happens when the BS listens to the WS's fogbabble that they are different than the regular WS (not addicted to OP) and some sort of contact is OK. That's what happened here.

Yeah. As I understand it though, contact was *encouraged by MSS* and not his W. Kinda like shooting yourself in the foot, IMO. I am relly thinking that recovery wasn't the goal so much as "waiting it out til the kids were old enough" (a common statement from him).

Cv

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
S
S
Yeah. As I understand it though, contact was *encouraged by MSS* and not his W. Kinda like shooting yourself in the foot, IMO.

CV, I haven't been following this thread really but these are from his post regarding the latest broken NC:

She begged me to let her see him to get her money. As I have had nothing but a remorseful and virtually perfect wife since dday, I reluctantly let her go. I knew where they were going and for how long and I trusted her. (I know all of you will hate that. Again, she has done nothing to make me distrust her and has met all my EN and precautions to the nth degree.)

She has no interest in OM and I told OMW this again today

PS. Please forgive this last MB transgression. I in no way feel this has sidetracked our recovery in fact my anxiety and depression is at its lowest level in months.

To me, this doesn't read as he is subconsciously sabotaging recovery efforts because he doesn't want the marriage to work, but that he is rationalizing why his WW doesn't need to follow the NC rule (she has been meeting his ENs, she is remorseful, etc)

I wanted to point this out for lurkers because it is a huge redflag when the WS has convinced the BS that they weren't really addicted to the OP and/or that the OP was the real "bad" guy. (As I recally MSS did this over on his SAA thread, said that OM forced his WW into the A to keep her job, etc) This thread is a good example of what happens when you start recovery that way...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
C
C
Yeah. As I understand it though, contact was *encouraged by MSS* and not his W. Kinda like shooting yourself in the foot, IMO.

CV, I haven't been following this thread really but these are from his post regarding the latest broken NC:

She has no interest in OM and I told OMW this again today

PS. Please forgive this last MB transgression. I in no way feel this has sidetracked our recovery in fact my anxiety and depression is at its lowest level in months.

To me, this doesn't read as he is subconsciously sabotaging recovery efforts because he doesn't want the marriage to work, but that he is rationalizing why his WW doesn't need to follow the NC rule (she has been meeting his ENs, she is remorseful, etc)

I wanted to point this out for lurkers because it is a huge redflag when the WS has convinced the BS that they weren't really addicted to the OP and/or that the OP was the real "bad" guy. (As I recally MSS did this over on his SAA thread, said that OM forced his WW into the A to keep her job, etc) This thread is a good example of what happens when you start recovery that way...

Suzie,

I wanna respond, but I don't want to contract hoof and mouth... or is that foot and mouth? Let me go back and reread to make sure I'm not misunderstanding something...

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
OP Offline
M
I was going to try and hold off from posting until the new year, but Im feeling terrific lately in so many ways and has only to do with my wife.

The venom and admonishment from many was purely based on my ignorance of the MB principles. Although Im annoyed at Susie in particular because in one post she lambastes me then the next she says she hasnt followed my posts very much, I understand her disappointment as what happened a few weeks back was wicked anti-MB and goes against the fibre of everyone on here.

I am very also perturbed at the rest of you too as I have told you ad nauseum of my wifes complete and utter remorse she has shown. I have written dozens of times of her lack of withdrawal and repulsion for her former lover. Yes, you dont live here and cant see her face and look into her eyes and only know what I write here, but despite her perfect ability to lie to me and snowball me for many years, she has shown me nothing but devotion and interest in getting me healthy and moving on after her near disaster.

Of my goals for my marriage, increasing her dignity and self esteem were way up there. I feel like she acted like a paid girlfriend (to say it nicely) and it took all of her self worth over the years.

The interaction with OM and his wife and the money owed us is something that I allowed to blind me to what right and wrong. I admitted that over the summer. I admitted last week that I let that it go on too long and in the midst hurt OMW who in no way deserved to be hurt more than she has been.

I ENDED THIS LAST WEEK. WE APOLOGIZED TO OMW and wrote to her that we in no way will have any contact with her or her husband as we do not need him thinking we need him in any way. Yes, I see the irony in that many of you wrote I should done this over the summer. I agree. Doing it then, I felt, diminished my wifes ability to claim any dignity in this whole thing and would further reduce her ability to recover.

I did not send her to meet him. It was her idea and after six months of looking into her eyes and seeing her love for me, I decided this was her last shot at boosting a damaged soul. If I felt any flicker of interest existed, it wouldnt have happen. Again, if I felt any flicker of intest existed, I would not have approved it. I trust her then and more today.

I know of other BH who post here have remorseful wives who are deserate to get the past behind them. Noone personifies this more than my wife. I respect her desire to fight for what she feels is hers. The two concepts above clashed and go against the NC for life law. Also, what goes against the normalcy of the typical adultery story are many facts of our story. Not too many of the stories I read include families being as close as ours and OMs. Not too many include a large of sum of money owed from one adulterer to the other, from what Ive read. My story has all too many "uniques" to paint it with a broad brush.

I agree it makes my wife look pretty bad that she ended a long term affair with what I believe is no withdrawal or feelings for her other guy. That she could be with him for years without a "love" is something Ill live with for a long time. There is no answers as to why, how, or what.

In fact I think her love for him ended a long time ago, but the addiction to the lifestyle and the comfort of her life is what kept her there. This is where our recovey started six months ago and where it continues today. Sorry if some of the bumps in the road go against the doctrines in the books. I told you once, we;re running our recovery the best we can. I ve taken precaution and we've met each other needs more than can be imagined.

The event of 2 weeks ago in no way changed my wife. We are not started from day 1 again. In fact my anxiey and depresson is at the lowest level since dday. She has proclaimed her love for me and desire for a long life together more now than ever in this recovery.

Lastly, as much as all of you offer invaluable information, inspiration, and straight shooting advice, I think daily posts outlining the ups and downs of the day is something I will avoid. In the end, although all these trajedies are the same in many ways AND they are all different in ways. So, what is mine is mine. Its mine to navigate using the strong base you guys built for me. And its mine to take steps some may find inadvisable. All are done well thought out.

Thanks and happy holiday to all.

Mike

S
S
Although Im annoyed at Susie in particular because in one post she lambastes me then the next she says she hasnt followed my posts very much,

You allowed meetings between your WW and the OM and allowed it to be kept secret from the OMW.

I didn't need to read anything else to know that this is WRONG.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
N
N
Happy Thanksgiving, Mike!

[Linked Image from 2.bp.blogspot.com]

H
H
Close families, Mike?

One poster here dealt with an affair between his wife and his own brother.

How close is that.

You screwed up. Breath, and move on.

Head up.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
C
C
I was going to try and hold off from posting until the new year, but Im feeling terrific lately in so many ways and has only to do with my wife.

I'm glad you are doing well Mike.

The venom and admonishment from many was purely based on my ignorance of the MB principles. Although Im annoyed at Susie in particular because in one post she lambastes me then the next she says she hasnt followed my posts very much, I understand her disappointment as what happened a few weeks back was wicked anti-MB and goes against the fibre of everyone on here.

No it wasn't ignorance bro. Sorry, but it was willful disregard. We all warned you about contact waay back when the first meeting took place and you ignored that too. You do know that there is a reason it goes against the fiber of everyone here, right?

I am very also perturbed at the rest of you too as I have told you ad nauseum of my wifes complete and utter remorse she has shown. I have written dozens of times of her lack of withdrawal and repulsion for her former lover. Yes, you dont live here and cant see her face and look into her eyes and only know what I write here, but despite her perfect ability to lie to me and snowball me for many years, she has shown me nothing but devotion and interest in getting me healthy and moving on after her near disaster.

It's ok. I think I perturb most people. We are being cautious and warning you exactly because of her demonstrated ability to lie and snowball you for many years. And we are also glad that she is not in withdrawal and doesn't desire to go back.

Of my goals for my marriage, increasing her dignity and self esteem were way up there. I feel like she acted like a paid girlfriend (to say it nicely) and it took all of her self worth over the years.

The interaction with OM and his wife and the money owed us is something that I allowed to blind me to what right and wrong. I admitted that over the summer. I admitted last week that I let that it go on too long and in the midst hurt OMW who in no way deserved to be hurt more than she has been.

[/color]I guess the problem as I see it is that it was allowed from the start. There's other ways to regain self esteem (whatever self esteem really is) than that.[color:#33CC00]

I ENDED THIS LAST WEEK. WE APOLOGIZED TO OMW and wrote to her that we in no way will have any contact with her or her husband as we do not need him thinking we need him in any way. Yes, I see the irony in that many of you wrote I should done this over the summer. I agree. Doing it then, I felt, diminished my wifes ability to claim any dignity in this whole thing and would further reduce her ability to recover.

I still say it's blood money.

I did not send her to meet him. It was her idea and after six months of looking into her eyes and seeing her love for me, I decided this was her last shot at boosting a damaged soul. If I felt any flicker of interest existed, it wouldnt have happen. Again, if I felt any flicker of intest existed, I would not have approved it. I trust her then and more today.

Why didn't you go to protect her? That would have boosted her self esteem as she would have seen that she is worth something more than money.

I know of other BH who post here have remorseful wives who are deserate to get the past behind them. Noone personifies this more than my wife. I respect her desire to fight for what she feels is hers. The two concepts above clashed and go against the NC for life law. Also, what goes against the normalcy of the typical adultery story are many facts of our story. Not too many of the stories I read include families being as close as ours and OMs. Not too many include a large of sum of money owed from one adulterer to the other, from what Ive read. My story has all too many "uniques" to paint it with a broad brush.

The particulars are the different, but the story is the same. I did the sum for us... There was a couple grand owed me as well... Didn't want it, him, his wife, nothing.

I agree it makes my wife look pretty bad that she ended a long term affair with what I believe is no withdrawal or feelings for her other guy. That she could be with him for years without a "love" is something Ill live with for a long time. There is no answers as to why, how, or what.

In fact I think her love for him ended a long time ago, but the addiction to the lifestyle and the comfort of her life is what kept her there. This is where our recovey started six months ago and where it continues today. Sorry if some of the bumps in the road go against the doctrines in the books. I told you once, we;re running our recovery the best we can. I ve taken precaution and we've met each other needs more than can be imagined.

The event of 2 weeks ago in no way changed my wife. We are not started from day 1 again. In fact my anxiey and depresson is at the lowest level since dday. She has proclaimed her love for me and desire for a long life together more now than ever in this recovery.

Lastly, as much as all of you offer invaluable information, inspiration, and straight shooting advice, I think daily posts outlining the ups and downs of the day is something I will avoid. In the end, although all these trajedies are the same in many ways AND they are all different in ways. So, what is mine is mine. Its mine to navigate using the strong base you guys built for me. And its mine to take steps some may find inadvisable. All are done well thought out.

it's understandable that you might be triggered here while in recovery and that you need a break. The site is good so long as it is not a crutch. Take your time off if it's needed.

Thanks and happy holiday to all.

You too.

Mike

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
OP Offline
M
Was it worth it, Herman Cain? Your reputation, family, political aspirations all destroyed. Good job.

P
P
I am very also perturbed at the rest of you too
So? Is that supposed to make us feel bad for telling the truth as it is?

as I have told you ad nauseum of my wifes complete and utter remorse she has shown.
So?
As I said, you don't ask a recovering drunk to hold a drink.

As Susie said, you were cruel to the OMW.

Wrong is wrong, not matter how mad it makes you to be told that.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Page 13 of 48 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation