I shamelessly stole the USMC Rifleman's Creed and edited it. Thought some of you might enjoy it.

This is my spouse. There are many like them, but this one is mine. They are my life. I must master my marriage as I must master my life. Without me my marriage is useless. Without my spouse, I am useless.

We must keep our heart and mind true. We must live straighter than the enemy who is trying to kill our marriage. I must protect my Marriage first. I will.

My spouse and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit.

My spouse is human, even as I am human, because they are my life. Thus, I will learn them as a brother, sister, friend, lover. I will learn their weaknesses, their strengths, their parts, them as a whole. I will keep my marriage bed clean and be ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.

Before God I swear this creed. My spouse and I are the defenders of our marriage. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the defenders of our life together.

So be it, until victory is ours and there is no enemy.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"