Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
J
I just read your thread and it looks like you are not following MB concepts.
You are probably in a false recovery.

J
J
agreed, if he still is in the same place you probably aren't going to see different results, he will just get better at hiding it...........
sorry but it is just a receipe for disater.

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
M
M
Dh has started his new job. He is business traveling.
redflag mommy, the condition that was conducive to your WH's multiple A's still remains. He is travelling alone on business trips. There was also limited exposure of his A's, so he didn't experience the full impact of exposure.

I am very concerned about this.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
OP Offline
M
He did not have limited exposure. Every one knows. His parents were told, the church was told, my entire family was told. There was no limited exposure. The only thing was I did not meet the OW. We now live many states away.

As for business travel we do have new rules in place and he can't do his job and not travel. We do have a 5 to 7 yr plan in place for our own business. We talk and skpe on business trips. We also have a sex life so his needs are being met which they were not before. He also says no to travel and I have all his info and passwords and itnerary and such.

No I do not believe I am in any type of false recovery. We both know we were not meeting each others needs for many years that led to the affair. He was wrong for having the affair but we both work to make sure the conditions are not there for one to start again.

Tammy

BS (me) 33 WH (dh) 32
married for 12 yrs-3 kids 11,9 and 4 yrs old
DDay Jan 2005 told of EA with OW1 believed the story found out it was a PA on 11/2010
Another PA also with another woman sometime in between
multiple one night stand on business trips
DD summer 2007 received a letter from a woman believed dh it was from an online affiar. Found out 11/2010 she was also a PA.
DDay Nov 7th 2010 found email saying I love you to OW:(
Last PA was 3/2010-11/2010
NC Dec 9th
R
R
This isn't about a singular affair .

This is about a behavioral pattern. You are caught up, a little, on saying that the ONS ( and there were so many) aren't that important. You are wrong. They show horrible boundaries - and potentially - even worse boundaries than an actual long term affair. There's usually a slope and justifications along the way to sex in a full fledged affair. But what your spouse has been doing - you better saddle up and pay attention.

He cannot have a traveling job. Not now, and not next week, and not ever.

You need to really read MB concepts. You need to see what's going on- you are headed for disaster- and no one here wants to see that.

Thanks for all the support along the way.
I wish you all well. I'm outta here.
Peace.
R
R
Also? he chose to have many, many affairs.

You did not, and you were in the same marriage. quit giving more blame on yourself than is deserved- and look harder at what your spouse has CHOSEN to do.

Thanks for all the support along the way.
I wish you all well. I'm outta here.
Peace.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,190 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation