Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2568849 11/28/11 01:12 PM
E
OP Offline
E
I just purchased a stealth ibot from Brickhouse security but have seen alot of people on here talking about eblaster. I am thinking about sending the ibot back and purchasing the eblaster instead. I have looked at the site for the eblaster and it looks good. I am just worried about detection.

Anyone have any issues with eblaster or any experience with eblaster that they would like to share with me? I will have the opportunity Friday to put either the ibot or eblaster on the computer as my husband will be on 24 hour duty and will not be home.

S
S
My XH is a computer programmer.. I put Eblaster on his computer and it is how I discovered his affair...and so so much more.

It was on there for about 12 weeks weeks...6 weeks of which was AFTER he was removed from our home by court order after I confronted him about the affair. (I convinced him I found out about the affair from another source). So even after he was across town in an apt, I was watching every thing he did and said on line. I got soooo much info and evidence that way. I finally confronted him with my full evidence and the look on his face when he realized I had been monitoring his every move...priceless. In the end, even though he KNEW it was on there...he couldn't find it. He asked me to come over and take it off for him.

So yeah, I have faith in Eblaster. Best $100 I ever spent.

M
M
I concur with SmilingWoman. eblaster rocks. I have never known of anyone who found it. The only problem I have ever heard of was it being disabled by a very sophisticated antivirus program. But even that was easily overcome by re-installing it and then programming the AV to ignore it.

Spectorsoft has 2 keyloggers, eblaster that emails you reports or spectorpro that does not. If you have daily access to the computer in question, you can get spectorpro, if you want to just acess the computer once and be done with it, you should go with eblaster.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

E
OP Offline
E
Great, thank you both for your input. I think I am going to go with eblaster and return the ibot. I just don't want this device found. we have avast on our computer and my husband is really computer savvy.

S
S
Originally Posted by mom2boyzinva
Great, thank you both for your input. I think I am going to go with eblaster and return the ibot. I just don't want this device found. we have avast on our computer and my husband is really computer savvy.

So was XH...hee hee...my friends and family think it is HYSTERICAL he was busted by a computer program.

E
OP Offline
E
I have decided to go ahead and send the Stealth iBot back and purchase the eBlaster. My next question is this, do I have to be on the target computer to order it? I am at work and was going to purchase while I am here and put it on the home computer when I have access to it this weekend. I have already set up a dummy email address for this purpose.

Those who have purchased this product, I would love you input on this. Is it best to wait to purchase until I have access to the target computer? Thanks in advance for any advise or information.

S
S
No, not to purchase it. The download comes to you in an email, so you can open that anywhere.

You need to be on the target computer to install it, having first opened the email account containing the download link.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by EllisMateFan
I have decided to go ahead and send the Stealth iBot back and purchase the eBlaster. My next question is this, do I have to be on the target computer to order it? I am at work and was going to purchase while I am here and put it on the home computer when I have access to it this weekend. I have already set up a dummy email address for this purpose.

Those who have purchased this product, I would love you input on this. Is it best to wait to purchase until I have access to the target computer? Thanks in advance for any advise or information.
You will have to install it while on the target computer. Spectorsoft will send you a link on your dummy email to use to install it.

You can buy it now. It will sit on your email until you're ready to put it on the target computer. When you're ready to install it, get on that computer and access your email to get the installation link.

Figure on about 10-15 minutes to get it on there.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

E
OP Offline
E
Great, thanks so much for the info. That is what I figured but I wanted to be totally sure before I did it. I will have the computer to myself Friday night and will be able to load it on the home computer then. I think I read somewhere that I need to disable my virus software (Avast), so I need to figure out how to do that.

M
M
When you're done, do something on the computer - email someone, or check your FB if you have an account. Then log on to that dummy email account to make sure it caught it.

D-Day 2-10-2009

S
S
Make sure that payment or the eblaster does not appear on a bank or credit card statement that your H has access to. If necessary, buy a pre-paid credit card and use that to pay online.

Make sure that your H has no knowledge of the email account that you will use to receive the eblaster reports. Set up a new account and tell him nothing of this.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
N
N
Originally Posted by EllisMateFan
Great, thanks so much for the info. That is what I figured but I wanted to be totally sure before I did it. I will have the computer to myself Friday night and will be able to load it on the home computer then. I think I read somewhere that I need to disable my virus software (Avast), so I need to figure out how to do that.

I've used eblaster with Avast and it does fine. They will send you an email with a download link and instructions on installing it. It will tell you how to add the excluded files to the Avast program. You'll also need to do it with Windows Defender.

Disable both prior to installing the program and then run scans after the install to see if it catches them. If you put the excluded file list in, it should ignore it. Here's a post I did for someone else, it would apply to eblaster.

For the eblaster, and I suspect the same applies to Stealth ibot, you turn off Avast and Windows Defender.

The Avast menu should have an option to disable it for a while. Ignore any warning messages that follow.

To disable Windows Defender: In Windows 7, open the Control Panel and type in "Windows Defender" in the search box at the upper right. Open it, click on "Tools" and then "Options" to open the settings window. Click on "Real time protection" in the left column and uncheck the "Use real-time protection" to disable Windows Defender.

Install the program and it will probably give you a list of files to exclude from antivirus searches. Save that as a text file on your desktop where you can find it again. After it installs, enter those files into both Windows Defender and Avast's exclusions list.

On Avast, you click on the "Settings" button in the upper right and then on "Exclusions" in the left column.

For Windows Defender, go to Tools > Options > Excluded Files and Folders in the left column. Click the "Add" button to browse to whatever files you need to exclude.

With the excluded files list in a text file format, you can then copy and paste the paths directly into the anti-virus. If you cannot right-click to copy/paste, try highlighting the file, hit Control-C to copy and Control-V to paste.

After the excluded files are in, then enable Avast and Windows Defender. If you have Windows 7, it will probably prompt you to do so anyways.

And that's it. Give yourself an hour if you haven't done it before, and do a quick test run of Windows Defender and Avast before calling it done.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

S
S
One thing I was not expecting with Eblaster is they also sent me a disk in the mail! I got it out of the mail but if XH had found it my snooping would have been ruined. So if you can use an alternate address when you order it maybe it won't ship to your house.

M
M
I have never heard of that happening. crazy ouch! I wonder how they got your home address? I have used this program off and on for years and have never had that happen.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman
One thing I was not expecting with Eblaster is they also sent me a disk in the mail! I got it out of the mail but if XH had found it my snooping would have been ruined. So if you can use an alternate address when you order it maybe it won't ship to your house.
SW, did you inadvertently ask for a download disk? They do give that option. You may have clicked to have a disk sent, as well. They probably got your mailing info when you gave them your billing address for your credit card.

D-Day 2-10-2009

S
S
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman
SW, did you inadvertently ask for a download disk? They do give that option. You may have clicked to have a disk sent, as well. They probably got your mailing info when you gave them your billing address for your credit card.
\
That is probably what I did. I was not in my right mind at that time. I can still remember the sheer terror I felt installing it on his computer.

M
M
That is probably what I did. I was not in my right mind at that time. I can still remember the sheer terror I felt installing it on his computer.
Totally understandable under the circumstances!

D-Day 2-10-2009

E
OP Offline
E
SmilingWoman,

I understand the terror you felt installing this on the computer. I had the opportunity this morning to do it, my husband left the house an hour and a half before I had to get up. I am so nervous about putting eblaster on the computer, I did not do it this morning because I am terrified that he will find it. He will be gone Friday due to work and will not be home until Saturday so I am planning on installing it Friday night. I am just so scared. He works with computers and is very savvy, his job is working on electronics so he is very knowlegable with computers. Wish me luck!!

M
M
He works with computers and is very savvy, his job is working on electronics so he is very knowlegable with computers. Wish me luck!!
Slap that puppy on there, EMF. You'll be fine!

The thing you need to be careful about is tipping your hand to him if you find something. You've got to put on a great performance and act toward him like you know nothing. Bring it here so we can help you with what you find.

D-Day 2-10-2009

E
OP Offline
E
I will do it on Friday night, I just chickened out this morning and got scared. Not scared of what I would find but of being caught spying on him. I agree with you that I have to be careful so he doesn't know if/when I find something. My biggest problem through all of this is that I blew up everytime I found the tiniest evidence that he was doing something secretive on the internet and so he would stop for a while and then start back up. I know now that I have to be strong and put on an act. I will post back here when I do find anything so that I can get advice and help from you guys here on the forum. Thanks all of you for the encouragement that I have received thus far.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation