Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C

For all of us who have survived and are surviving through the holidays, a gift.

There is one who like us was tempted in every way, was mocked, made fun of, trodden down, starved, beaten and abused by those who should have loved Him. He came to us a man of no reputation, though His deeds were great and known throughout the earth.

The one who while growing in the womb created life. While suckling at his mother's breast brought hope. While in the manger held all things in creation together.

He is the substance of all the Old Testament's prophecy, the Moral Law, the Ceremonies... The fulfillment of types and shadows.

And when he came to His own, they recognized Him not.

Very man of very man, very God of Very God. Begotten, not made.

He suffered more than us. Set and example for us, and yet was so much more than just an example.

He came because we sinned, because He is love, true love, and while we were yet sinners, he died for us.

To give us hope, a hope which surpasses all. A hope which tells us that no matter our situation, no matter how dark and bleak things appear to us now, what man has meant for evil, He means for our good.

His name? Jesus. The one who came to redeem our sins. His gift? Faith, grace, hope, love. He made way the crooked paths, removed the barriers between man and God and man and man. He is the embodiment of Grace, love and the object of our faith. It is truly a gospel... Good news. That one day, this life of suffering will pass and we will receive the promise of glory. That every tear shall be wiped from our eyes and we will mourn no more.

It is a call to look past our present circumstance to the eternal joy which awaits us in Christ Jesus. This is the present. It's mine, yet it's not mine to give. I can only share it with you. I share it willingly. To those of you who have suffered and are suffering, a gift, a present.

Luk 2:7-14 And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn. (8) And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. (9) And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear. (10) And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. (11) For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. (12) And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger." (13) And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, (14) "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!"

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
G
G
Thank you for the timely reminder of our awesome Lord. God has been so gracious to me! Being your wife is a wonderful gift. Merry Christmas my love. I look forward to a lifetime of beautiful memories made with you.

I love you.

Me...saved by grace
Him...wonderful husband
Us...3 years in to our new life and better every day!
and we have 3 great kids (20,19,17)

Eph. 5:22-33
M
M
Wonderful Post CV - God is Great!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation