Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
C
As far as sleep goes, my H once felt the same as you. He was the "only one working" so he felt that me and the children should let him sleep. Problem was, we had three children born in the span of four years, and I ended up exhausted from not getting more than two hours of sleep at a time for a whole year. And he just let me fall apart. Then complained that the house was dirty and I'd "let myself go"!

While I would agree that you should agree on a decent bedtime that meets everyone's needs, this sleep thing of yours is not the problem. And you know this. You don't have anything to recover here, you are shacked-up daters and this experiment has failed. Get on the moving out stuff. Whose name is the house in? Is it a rental? Can you get off the lease and move yourself?

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
G
OP Offline
G
I know the whole sleep thing is a touchy subject. But a person becomes manic when there is zero negotiation...yes another obvious sign that the experiment failed.

Both of us are on the lease...at this moment in time I'm not seeing the options I need to be seeing...

Sigh...

Namaste'

My beautiful partner: 45
Her sweet guy(me): 43
Her's: DD 8, DS 10
Mine: DD 10 (suffering PA, rarely with us)
C
C
Go to the owner and ask to be removed from the lease. It's a phone call.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
G
OP Offline
G
She won't...especially since she knows I am the one paying the bill.

So why do I still have hope for recovery? Seriously, why?

There are things I can't live with that are going on but I think of why I love this girl and emotional hope survives.

Why?

Namaste'

C
C
So you already asked?

(Oscar Wilde)
G
OP Offline
G
We have already had a few issues with the landlord. I know she will be in financial protection mode.

Namaste'

C
C
A simple "no, and refuse to even try" would suffice. When is the lease up?

(Oscar Wilde)
G
OP Offline
G
End of May...

Namaste'

C
C
what's the penalty for breaking it?

Could you make that up in a couple of months of being in a 2-bedroom instead?

Has your GF said anything about you asking her to move out yet? Have you asked her again?

(Oscar Wilde)
G
OP Offline
G
I've been completely ignored about the letter. I did not bring it up because she stayed close to the kids. First time ever I saw her playing kid games. She actually told me she doesn't like to play kid games. She set it up last night so that there could be no discussion.

She doesn't want to discuss. She seems to prefer to ignore and "it will go away".

I am guessing that the penalty for breaking the lease would be the remainder of the lease terms. $7,000 to $8,000. I'd have to look at the lease to be sure. If I stopped paying and moved I am sure I would wind up in court.

I just looked up studio/1 bdrooms and they are out of reach when combined with current rent.

Namaste'

S
S
CMWI, these are good questions, and I am a little discouraged (?) to not see you, GG, brainstorming these options yourself in order to make things right with your DD.

I hope I am wrong, but, it seems like the focus is continuing to remain on the gf...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
Originally Posted by greergan
I've been completely ignored about the letter. I did not bring it up because she stayed close to the kids.

GG, why not tell her you need to talk to her TODAY, take her into the other room and tell her that the relationship is not working and you'd like to put your focus into restoring your relationship with your DD. Tell her she needs to leave.

You are paying for everything, she doesn't have to work, she doesn't treat you respectfully and she got your DD to leave...guess what? She doesn't have your best interest in heart and she isn't going to want to leave. Make it clear that she has to.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
G
OP Offline
G
brainstorming and thought process require sleep - of which I've not any proper sort. I am now officially manic from sleep deprivation.

Namaste'

G
OP Offline
G
I've already tried to talk with her and I get the standard "I need a timeout" response. There is never any discussion. When I need to try to explain my point of view or my basic needs..."I need a timout" is what I get.

Namaste'

P
P
When I need to try to explain my point of view or my basic needs..."I need a timout" is what I get.

YOU: "I've made my decision. We will separate."

HER: "But" "Why" "If only" "Time out"

YOU: "Nevertheless. I have made my decision. We will separate."

S
S
I've already tried to talk with her and I get the standard "I need a timeout" response. There is never any discussion. When I need to try to explain my point of view or my basic needs..."I need a timout" is what I get.

How does that work when two people are on the lease but only one is paying? Can't you have her removed from the lease since she isn't paying? Take her to small claims court, or threaten to if she doesn't move out.

Get her out.

C
C
If the GF was his W, I could understand that. They chose not to take that option...don't you feel used to be fully supporting a GF and her kids?

I could see expending all this energy on a marital relationship, but not a dating one where you are clearly being taken advantage of. The best thing to do is undo this situation. I know you want your GF. If you ever want to enter a buyer's agreement, you need to go back to start and make one.

Tell her you are serious about moving out. If you said that and aren't serious, bad boy! Empty threat. Follow through or suffer your foolishness at your child's expense. Why didn't you marry her?

(Oscar Wilde)
C
C
"I need a timeout" is a childish but clever game of letting you know she doesn't care what you have to say. After all, she has free rent and doesn't have to work. Nya-nya.

(Oscar Wilde)
G
OP Offline
G
I have told her that I am serious. Repeatedly. No response.

I didn't marry her because she hasn't made the commitment....I'd be married to her now if I had my way. But as has been pointed out we had only an unspoken renter's agreement.

I will talk to the landlord about having her removed from the lease.

And YES, I feel very used at this point. Very, very used up.

Namaste'

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by CWMI
"I need a timeout" is a childish but clever game of letting you know she doesn't care what you have to say. After all, she has free rent and doesn't have to work. Nya-nya.

The sad part is that she acts in the same way her 8 year old acts...she can't tolerate the behavior from her child but can't see that she does it too.

Namaste'

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,365 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation