Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2579913 01/01/12 01:57 AM
C
OP Offline
C

A new year often signifies new beginnings. A chance to start things new and right. Traditionally it has been for most of us an opportunity for failure. I want to challenge all of you (and myself) with a promise:

A promise to be more than we were last year.

Betrayed spouse? To care for ourselves and loved ones as best we are able. To refrain from AO's and DJ's, to put the year behind us and move towards the goal of being a former BS. That will be different for many of us. Some of us will recover, some will not have marriages, but we can still love and live the best we can.

Wayward spouse? Get and F on your report card this year. Put in your hard work, be open and honest, leave your lover and love your spouse as you never have. tighten your boundaries and place Ep's in your life that build trust. earn respect and be someone worthy of love.

Recovered? to work to keep the principles of good marriage in place. To improve upon the skills we have learned and to be the very best we can for not only ourselves, but our spouses, children and family as well. It is our year to sharpen our tools and apply them with skill.

It means a year of work, but also a year of satisfying growth and life.

This is my promise this year. That I will love Grace and my kids better than I did last year. That I will be there for them, care for them, put their interests above mine and selflessly work for their good in every aspect. I will set my bar high and work hard to attain it, knowing that if I fail, it won't be for lack of trying. 2012 will not be like years past. It will be better, more...well, more right.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
L
L
clap

Thank you. Going to go hug my FWH now.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
3 D-Days from 12/25/10 to 01/06/11
NC - 01/09/11
02/20/12 done beating my head on that wall.
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by LuvsDavid
clap

Thank you. Going to go hug my FWH now.
Hope you are feeling better!

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
S
S
Excellent post, celtic!

Me: 47
BH: 48, previously married
Married: Nov. 27, 2004
DDay: Nov. 13, 2010
Kids: stepsons DS17 and DS13
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=35
M
M
CV-

Just sent my wife a sappy text. Confirmed to her that we are one and this is OUR year.

Good post.

mss

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
S
S
This inspired me this morning...and I needed that!!!

Thanks, CV!

2012 is going to be GREAT! smile

"The #1 reason why people give up so quickly is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, rather than how far they've gotten."

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)
Surviving and Thriving since November 2010 thanks to MB!
My Recovery Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2538986#Post2538986
My Original Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2457141&page=1

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation