Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
C
Hello folks. I'm here as a BS (lol. that's funny to type) I have to get used to all the acronyms around here. I think my situation is fairly unique, which is why I've found it impossible to find really any other experiences like it. My WW had and EA with her best friend who is also female and married. Sounds weird but it happened. I've found it very interesting how similar just about every situation involving a WS has been with regards to reaction by the BS and WS alike. I see plenty of, really too much, similarity to my own experiences. Look forward to gaining some knowledge and insight from here forward. :-)

J
JustUss Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
J
Welcome callmed.

Here's a link for Acronyms, Abbreviations

I think my situation is fairly unique, which is why I've found it impossible to find really any other experiences like it. My WW had and EA with her best friend who is also female and married. Sounds weird but it happened.

Unfortunately, not at all unique. We have several members with the same situation.

When you are ready, start your own thread on the Surviving an Affair Forum.

You've found the best place for suggestions, advice and support!

JustUss

Administrator/Moderator
C
C
Thanks for the info. I will do some searching for situations similar to mine before starting my own post.

M
M
Originally Posted by callmed
Thanks for the info. I will do some searching for situations similar to mine before starting my own post.

callmed, I would suggest posting on the SAA forum. Your affair is handled no differently than any other affair so any thread that is regarding an affair would be applicable. No one will see your post buried down here at the bottom of an announcement thread.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Hi I am a new member and I am not sure where I belong. I was in a relationship with my ex-husband as of March, 2011. We were divorced in 2005 after almost 7 years of marriage and we started dating again in 2008 (the same year he got his ex-girlfriend pregnant- maybe goodbye sex). Anyway I did not run for the hills, he begged me to stick by him and we would work it out which I did. Now almost 3 years later in March, 2011 of this year he tells me that he wants to find "himself" at 45 years old but he still wants to be friends. By the way he asked me to give him some time to figure out what he wants to do. Well he has called me everyday since and we have only went out once since March, 2011. This weekend he has disappeared and I have not heard from him. I feel very hurt and that I am really being played. If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks

M
M
Hi Breakingfree, I would suggest starting a new thread over on the Divorced forum and getting input from those members. Just go to the forum, click on "New Topic" and paste this post into that thread. Good luck to you.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Thank you for your input.

R
R
Hi everyone. My name is Nate. I've been looking around the site for some time. I guess I'll be staying here for a bit, I'm currently in a situation that nobody wants to be in. I think this site will be a good place for me though. Hope to talk to all of your around here. Cheers!

V
V
New here and lots of information to read, thanks for what seems like a great community!

M
M
Originally Posted by ValerieL
New here and lots of information to read, thanks for what seems like a great community!
Welcome, Valerie! Please post your story - we're glad you're here!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

E
E
I've been lurking here for a month. I must say this forum is so polite and better moderated than some other boards I checked out.

L
L
welcome everybody, I think we can share something about in here. right?

M
M
Originally Posted by lovestations
welcome everybody, I think we can share something about in here. right?
Welcome, lovestations - please share your story.

D-Day 2-10-2009

B
B
Hello everyone.....just stopping in to say hello...seeing if anyone out there has the same issue as me....

E
E
Originally Posted by Cosette
Hi! I am a new member. I scoured through the forums for advice on second marriages and step-parenting...is there such a thread? Thank YOU!

I agree, I need the same thing!!!! Mods, can you please create a new Category for this between "Military Marriages" and "Other Topics"?

P
P
Hi I'm a new member and posted my story here

My Story

Just wanted to say Hi smile

Married With Children - 8 years, 10 together
Adult kids - one living with us
He has 6
She has 4
None of our own
DH 59
DW 48
Almost ready to retire!!! YAY!!!
H
H
Hello everyone i m new here my name is Kevin

S
S
Hi Everyone,

I'm Al, found the forum during my search for discussion boards where I could just...share my experience of having gone through a bitter divorce and look for therapeutical conversations...I did not expect it to be as complicated to handle (staying sober though no matter what), but I am pleasantly surprised about a lot of info that I am finding here. Thank you, and I look forward to contribute and listen.

S
S
Welome, Saltonia. I look forward to hearing your story.

However, it is a requirement of this forum that you read the Announcements forum for rules and guidelines. There you will find that it is a requirement for you to read Dr Harley's basic concepts, question and answer columns and other articles linked on this website, and only post to other people using his concepts as a template. This is not a free-for-all forum when it comes to giving advice. Dr Harley has set up this forum for posters to give Marriage Builders advice.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by Saltonia
Hi Everyone,

I'm Al, found the forum during my search for discussion boards where I could just...share my experience of having gone through a bitter divorce and look for therapeutical conversations...I did not expect it to be as complicated to handle (staying sober though no matter what), but I am pleasantly surprised about a lot of info that I am finding here. Thank you, and I look forward to contribute and listen.
Saltonia, why don't you share your story with us? I have noticed that you are attempting to advise our posters. I admire your enthusiasm, but I am concerned that you appear to not be familiar with the concepts on this site. Please read those concepts and the articles here - they are enlightening and may change the way you think about relationships. You'll learn how to build a fantastic marriage - not a bad thing, I think you'll agree.

I look forward to reading the thread you will start to tell us your story. Welcome to Marriage Builders, the best place you can be to build a strong, romantic marriage.

D-Day 2-10-2009

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation