Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
This is a POSITIVE 101 thread.

Nice things about your marriage & your spouse.

What is one of the romantic things your spouse has done for you?

I posted this on another MB forum .... but I thought

"What the hey .....?"

Originally Posted by Pepperband
My husband went to the mic during a karaoke party and dedicated a Sinatra song to me.

The Way You Look Tonight

Some day, when I'm awfully low,
When the world is cold,
I will feel a glow just thinking of you
And the way you look tonight.

Yes you're lovely, with your smile so warm
And your cheeks so soft,
There is nothing for me but to love you,
And the way you look tonight.

With each word your tenderness grows,
Tearing my fear apart
And that laugh that wrinkles your nose,
It touches my foolish heart.

Lovely, never, ever change.
Keep that breathless charm.
Won't you please arrange it ?
Cause I love you, just the way you look tonight.

Mm, mm, mm, mm,
Just the way you look to-night.

I will never forget this moment.
Mr Pep has a wonderful voice.

Love bank bigger than trillions.

What's wonderful about your wife/husband?

H
H
I can always sum it up with a song, too;

Well I'll never forget the first time that I heard
That pretty mouth say that dirty word
And I can't even remember now what she backed my truck into
But she covered her mouth and her face got red
And she just looked so darn cute
That I couldn't even act like I was mad
Yeah I live for little moments like that

Well that's just like this last year on my birthday
She lost all track of time and burnt the cake
And every smoke detector in the house was goin' off
And she was just about to cry until I took her in my arms
And I tried not to let her see me laugh

I know she's not perfect but she tries so hard for me
And I thank god that she isn't 'cause how boring would that be
It's the little imperfections it's the sudden change in plans
When she misreads the directions and we're lost but holdin' hands

When she's layin' on my shoulder on the sofa in the dark
And about the time she falls asleep so does my right arm
And I want so bad to move it 'cause it's tinglin' and it's numb
But she looks so much like an angel that I don't wanna wake her up
Yeah I live for little moments
When she steals my heart again and doesn't even know it

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
M
My H is making continuous efforts to show his love and care. I know he plans his actions well ahead.

I had my most romantic birthday last summer when I actually felt I didn't deserve it, that he was spoiling me blush

I have my new favourite wine from THAT night - when we have something special ahead I always look up THAT wine from THAT night, and we have new candlesticks from THAT night and so on.

I'm also very glad that our teens are now very used to the new rules in the house - that mom and dad have their date nights, sometimes more often and more spontaneous than usual, and that they respect that.

I'm happy to realise that marriage can actually be fun and romantic whatever the rest of the world thinks. Poor creatures... And I'm very pleased that we do not let each other to grow lazy again, that we are both high-maintainance in the best sense of the word.

Although I have declared that I do not want surprises, that he has to discuss them with me beforehand, I actually love his surprises, he is very talented in that, these moments are very lovely. Go figure, but I think he has actually bothered to get me know better than myself.

Me, FWW: 43
Mr_Recon6mo, FWH: 44
DD20 and DS23
3 cats
Married 23 years, together 24
Divorcing

S
S
Mine is very handsome and he's good in bed.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
B
B
Everything! But, then again, I'm a newlywed......

R
R

My husband is a wonderful, nurturing Father. Watching him care for our babies & children makes my heart flip sometimes.

He is wonderful for showering me with attention & affection-even when I don't always deserve it.

My husband is being wonderfully patient & gracious with me as I go through the Sexual Aversion exercises.

RC

H 40
W 40
M 18
Children 7 - aged 10 months to 15 years
H
H
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Mine is very handsome and he's good in bed.

blush

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

A
A
My H often surprises me. For example, recently he told me the "best SF he ever had was the time we conceived DS24".

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
S
S
Originally Posted by armymama
My H often surprises me. For example, recently he told me the "best SF he ever had was the time we conceived DS24".

AM
I hope DS24 knows that!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Mine sends me naughty texts all day and calls me several times.

He is cute and great in bed

He smells GREAT!

He fixes everything in our house, and if he can't fix it he calls a repairman without me ever having to ask

He pays all the bills and manages our money

He changes my oil, buys my tires and gets my car work done

He is very TALL! flirt

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
My wife is AMAZING!

She puts up with me

She is the best darn cook I know

She cares for our children better than any mother I have ever known to care for their kids

She is blonde (dirty blonde) and hot!

She makes my lunch for me to take to work

SHe works 3 days a week

WHen she gives me the "look" i can not help but melt and become butter in her hands

SHe loves camping! (working on getting her to go hunting)

SHes my best friend

Shes an advocate of MB

Shes kind

Shes very intelligent

She takes care of our finances and squirrels money away like crazy (then tells me the numbers later and reminds me to fill up my tax free savings)

I could think of so many things ... but I will leave it at that.

P
OP Offline
P
What is one of the romantic things your spouse has done for you?

This is Mr Pep's response.

"She bought me a Mini Cooper."

Zooooooooommmmmmmmmmmm
Love with a turbo charger ! grin

V
V
I'm the planner and organizer of the two of us, but this past summer DH planned a beach trip not long after my friend passed away. It was wonderful and very sweet and romantic of him.

In our day to day life he's an amazing man who treats me like a queen. He manages all of our money now and we're saving. I'm getting laid off soon and he's secured a temp position with his company on the road. We're seeking a second opinion on having children and he's made it clear we need to do that together, he wants to be there. Our marriage is amazing, I never knew that it could be like this.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
A
A
DS24 believes he was brought b the stork OR found under a cabbage leaf in the garden.

Mr. AM's response to the question: "AM sprays the pillows with pillow mist before we go to bed every night."

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
S
S
My dh thinks the world of me. He tells me how awesome I am every day. He is so gorgeous that I am a blubbering idiot each time I watch him while he sleeps. He is an incredible man and I thank God DAILY that I have him.

S
S
Originally Posted by armymama
DS24 believes he was brought b the stork OR found under a cabbage leaf in the garden.

Mr. AM's response to the question: "AM sprays the pillows with pillow mist before we go to bed every night."

AM
But you're missing the opportunity to embarrass DS24 for the rest of his life by not telling that story!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
A
A
When my husband travels for work he makes a point of stopping at fabric shops and buying quilt fabric for me. His taste is totally different from mine, so sometimes he brings me some really interesting pieces that challenge me, and I like that. And sometimes he buys things he knows I like to collect.....most recently he got me 3 yards of cherry fabric to make a rockabilly sundress!

3rd marriage to an awesome wonderful man since 2008.

3 children from first marriage, ages 16, 18, 20
O
O
Saw this thread the other day and made a mental note to return and post to it.

Recently, my wife and I conducted the "10 Things I Appreciate About You" exercise. This is what I wrote her:

Ten Things I Appreciate About You (in no particular order):

1. You are a beautiful woman. I have always judged beauty from an inner perspective, and you have beauty to spare in this regard. You are proud, you care about yourself, and this shows in your outer appearance. There are only certain areas in physical appearance that you can control (healthy appearance, cleanliness, dress, etc.). In these areas you do an outstanding job of culturing your physical appearance and I am always giddy and proud to be seen with you, especially when you dress up. You are my favorite accessory. You always make me look much better no matter what I�m wearing!

2. You are intelligent. You handle difficult tasks and difficult people in a very effective manner. You show a strong sense of reason and logic in your approach to things and usually make very effective, well-thought-through decisions.

3. You are a very caring person. You show a lot of empathy to others and your scope of caring is wide and deep. It seems there�s no one too separated from you to qualify for a dose of your caring.

4. You are an outstanding mother. You show our kids a lot of love and affection. It�s only been recently that I�ve been able to understand how critical your show of healthy affection is for our boys. Now that I have an understanding of how important this has been for their development, this is something for which I will be eternally grateful.

5. You are the perfect economic partner. Your attention to detail is the perfect complement to me and has directly resulted in us rising from literally having nothing, to being solidly placed in the upper middle class.

6. You are the lover of my dreams. When you give yourself to me totally, physically and emotionally, I am more happy and satisfied than I ever imagined I could be. It�s sad that I have nothing but mere words to express to you how you fulfill me.

7. You provide a perfect emotional balance to my life. It is primarily through you that I am able to relate to other people at all. You could never overestimate how important this is to me. Without you, I would likely be a hermit.

8. You have a very even-keeled temperament. Again, this is the perfect complement to my rather excitable nature. You act as a very comforting, stable influence in my life.

9. You are an extremely patient person when it comes to dealing with other people. You accept other people�s faults without judgment. This makes people feel very safe with you.

10. You came back to me emotionally. Though we grew apart, seemingly pursued separate agendas within the same household, and grew resentful, when our relationship hit critical mass, you quickly made the decision to fully come back to me. This proves to me that, no matter how bad you thought things were, you never gave up on the dream of us. That�s an awesome testament.

P
OP Offline
P
I love this thread !

loveheart

H
H
I'm one of the weirdos that likes my wife for her perfections, but I LOVE her for her imperfections. As such, my list might be a bit different.

I love the way her right eye wanders when she is tired...

I love how she burps(!) loudly(!) every night after dinner, but will still blush and get embarrassed if something else slips out in front of me...

I love how she makes up her own words sometimes...

I love how she will cry from a song or commercial (see "loves to cry" in the Brad Paisley video)...

I love that she loses control of her vocal volume when she has something to say that should probably be said quietly...

... and a few things that aren't forum material!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,358 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation