Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
M
M
Originally Posted by TexasSun
We r totally both on board but how do we build a program? The primary reason we need the online seminar is my husband doesn't like to read. We do have HNHN on itunes tho. SAA isn't available yet on itunes. I guess I don't know where to begin on our own.

If he doesn't like to read, I would definitely get him to incorporate daily listening to the radio program in his program of recovery. This is in addition to everything else.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by Doormat_No_More
If you are BOTH motivated to do whatever it takes, then this course works fine:
Surviving An Affair
Love Busters
His Need, Her Needs
Five Steps To Romantic Love

If either of you is reluctant about doing whatever it takes, you may need more assistance.

Doormat_No_More is exactly right. If you are both motivated and you STAY motivated, you should be able to work right through those and do EVERYTHING they say.

If you try and falter, then the accountability program is the key to keeping both of you motivated.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
D
D
We read aloud to one another. My wife, too, didn't want to "read" the material at first, but reading it aloud together & discussing it is a totally different experience.

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
L
L
H and I also read it aloud. It worked out really well, because we could stop and talk about sections right then and there. It gave us some nice time together and it kept us on track with the reading. We just read about maybe 20 minutes each night and completed the workbook pages together as well.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
M
M
How are you both doing? Can you update us soon? I just listened to your April and December radio shows.

You FWH is very similar to mine, but mine still won't come home yet. He is still fuming (raging) mad over EXPOSURE, which killed the affair. Now he wants to divorce thinking he can chase her once he is single.

My WH has the same type of family as your FWH (adulterers).

What made you FWH finally come home to work on it?

C
CaliSun Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hey sweetie, I heard you on the radio show too! What a great resource for us all! So we are doing well, better than I expected at this point. Still feels a little bit like a roller coaster, but more like a kiddie version, not the six flags style! He is doing a lot of the heavy lifting and has embraced MB. (really wish I didnt mention it during exposure cause it was A LOT of work to get him onboard!) So what really helped was taking a step back from his family, they just didnt offer the right kind of support. (father in law communicating with OW, gross!) FWH basically missed his.family, our kids are 8 and 11, they would not tolerate another woman/man in our lives. Exposing to the kids was critical! Also, I think he hit rock bottom after the 2nd affair and

Last edited by TexasSun; 01/09/12 08:42 PM.

Me: 34yrs
OM #1 ONS July 2010
OM #2 internet/text EA (9/10-2/11)

He: WH 38 yrs
OW#1 Former friend, 7 month EA & PA 1/11-7/11
OW#2 Ex-GF, 1 month phone/ FB EA & ONS 7/11

Recovering MB Online!

C
CaliSun Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Realized her was going to lose everything. I was sooo close to Plan B, but he came home right before. (I do feel like my Plan A was too long, he may have come home sooner but he was a cake eater and I felt physically sick/sad/crazy and was a difficult person when he did come home) much better now thank God! How is wayturd? I cannot find your thread, thinking of you!

Last edited by TexasSun; 01/09/12 08:50 PM.

OM #1 ONS July 2010

Recovering MB Online!

M
M
Thanks for the update. My thread is gone because my situation was unique with the military. I am still on reading and studying.

Wayturd is still running from his four kids and I. It is a sad situation, and I hope he is missing us and wanting to do what is right soon. I just pray incessantly, and try to keep hope alive.

I take hope in your situation because I believe your FWH and mine have many similarities. I worked diligently to clean up my side of the fence, and this has helped my self esteem tremendously.

A quick question - what did your FWH say about how he felt you were critical pre-A? Did he bring that up when he came home, or was that just an excuse to justify his adultery?

I have to see Wayturd in court the first week of February. He hasn't seen my weightloss (Because of Plan B), which was dramatic (weighing in today at 125 pounds), and I plan to wear a tight leather dress with my stiletto heels. We'll see if that gets his attention.

Many prayers for you and your family. I am happy your FWH is making you feel safe. Your marriage is going to be so spectacular and your kids will be so greatful for this!!!

God Bless Tough~

C
CaliSun Offline OP
OP Offline
C
You are going to look HOT and it sounds like that is a huge need for him...you go girl! That is amazing! I guarantee he will notice Your new confidence! I am thinking of you and hope wayturd hits rock bottom very soon!!! As for my husbands criticisms of me, elements were true but greatly exxagerated because of his affair fog. I have always been critical of his family, deservedly lol. However, biting my tongue about them only helps, I cant control their lifestyle!

OM #1 ONS July 2010

Recovering MB Online!

M
M
TS - Hey Sweetie, why did your WH still speak to her up until October?

How is his fog now? How long did it last after October?

C
CaliSun Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi PI! So he "broke up" gag! with her early July by phone. She continued to pursue so he sent email end of July. Things settled, he moved home. She started texting and emailing (before he got new cell # and blocked email) so we sent NO Contact letter in September and changed numbers etc. He thought breaking up was enough, it wasnt, not even close, she returned to sender NC letter so I put it on her car and she called cops lol. So his last response to her was the break up email in July and no contact letter in September. In October she began contacting his Dad via Facebook, so we got an attorney to write no contact letter. What a mess, she is such a pathetic piece of crap! He had his ONS in July at the same time so obviously OW #1 wasnt very special.

The fog lasted a couple months, not sadness over her cause he really wanted to get out, but he wrestled with guilt, depression, losing friends, not living the single life, my anger, kids anger etc. etc. Rock bottom (July) was BAD. By late August the worst of the bad attitude aka withdrawal was dwindling (he had been drinking more frequently to replace OW I guess) After that, he came around and was totally willing, EP's in place, trying hard but didnt want to do MB (thought it was crazy when I exposed.) We did regular counseling, marriage retreat, started a program called Torn Asunder etc. but I kept pushing for MB.

Last edited by TexasSun; 01/18/12 10:57 AM.

OM #1 ONS July 2010

Recovering MB Online!

C
CaliSun Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Ok, after much consideration, I am going to ask the mods to remove my thread. I have reread it and each time it makes me sooo ANGRY for what we went through. Rehashing the affair is not part of recovery and I need to move on! I will continue to post, but I dont have the self-control to not look back on my thread and relive the nightmare of both of our affairs! I am CaliSun now (cause OW wont be able to access my thread, I never was from Texas!):)

This thread is now locked at the member's request.

Last edited by MBLBanker; 01/19/12 05:05 AM. Reason: Locking thread

OM #1 ONS July 2010

Recovering MB Online!

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,097 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation