Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
OP Offline
C
Christmas 09

Grace,

So many years have passed before us, and most I thought were good ones, even if they were hard. I have loved you every day of them, every hour, every second, every moment... I love to look at you, to watch you walk, hear your voice, to simply be near you, or know you are around. Sometimes it is hard not knowing where your heart is, but I love it, and you. My life is better for knowing you, for loving you, for being near you. Thank you for being my friend, lover, confidant, advisor, and my biggest fan. I am not always easy to be around, but you persist with me. Thank you for that. I don't say that to you enough. I wish I had time and money to make this a truly great Christmas for you this year. Thanks for being my Grace. I love you.

Ishi

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
OP Offline
C
Grace,

Today is a busy day, probably for us both. I wanted to let you know that I love you very much and will be missing you all day. I will long for the time when we can be together again. My heart and mind are with you. I will be praying for your leg.

With all my love,

Ishi

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
OP Offline
C
I just realized something... I don't want this to be my thread.

I want others to post their love letters too. post away if you feel so moved.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
S
S
I think it is VERY inspirational to read such beautiful exchanges.

My H has never been much of a writer. Nevertheless, what he says, I know he means. I save his emails and texts to me to read when I feel down or trigger-y. smile

"The #1 reason why people give up so quickly is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, rather than how far they've gotten."

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)
Surviving and Thriving since November 2010 thanks to MB!
My Recovery Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2538986#Post2538986
My Original Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2457141&page=1

A
A
changed my mind

AM

Last edited by armymama; 01/15/12 11:43 AM.

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
C
OP Offline
C
Just this week Grace sends this:

CV, my love,

You have surprised me with the letters that you kept these past years. I hadn't realized how much they meant to you. I'm happy as I read to see that I feel the same today as I did when I wrote them. I also can see how you and I have grown in love, in trust and in friendship.

As we grow older each passing year our life takes turn and twists in the road, but some things remain the same. As my love for you grows deeper each day, my confidence in us also grows. The pain of years past still lingers as we both strive to fully recover from the devastation I once brought on us. I hope that you are still able to see my repentance as I walk it out before you. Never forget that while we learn more and more to enjoy life together that I will never grow past being sorry for the life I've stolen from you.

Thank you for the opportunity to learn how to love you better. Being your wife is a blessing from a gracious God. You truly are my treasure, Ishi.

Faithfully loving you,
Grace

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
OP Offline
C
7-26-08

My dearest Grace,

Words cannot express what i've felt and thought over the last five weeks. The wonderful, terrifying, and deeply sad feelings. I want you to understand something... I want you to know, in the deepest reaches of my being... I am in love with you. I always have been and always will be.

I could never hurt this deeply if i didn't love you deeply. After all the years, the hurts we've inflicted upon each other, there is still no one else i want to spend forever with.

Despite us, I love you, adore you, am enlarged by you, am made complete in you. God has given me a precious gift I can never let go of! You still inspire me after 22 years. I want you, I need you, I am completely and solely yours. I am looking forward to our new life together. I am forever yours! Always!

Ishi

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
OP Offline
C
another from 7-26-08 (this is not her real name posted here, she did a production of Oliver!)

My beautiful wife,

I sit in the theater waiting for the show to begin with great anticipation. I am so very proud of you! Each night I look forward to seeing and hearing you on stage. You are truly a joy to behold. Every night I hear all kinds of people remarking on your beauty, your acting skill, and of course your voice! I cannot help but sit here and smile. I am glowing with pride for you! Can you see how very much in love with you I am? Even this one little aspect of your life is an opportunity for me to brag on you, to tell the world how great you are. My dear "Nancy", do you know who and what you are? You aren't Nancy of course, you are my wife, Grace, and the obkect of my love and devotion. I am learning to rejoice in you more and more every day.

Thank you so much for being my wife.

I love you.
CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,039 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation