Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
I found these tucked away. Some I've tried and some I haven't had the nerve. I've done 2, 7 and 11.

1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.

2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.

3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, ask If They Want Fries with that.

4. Put Your Garbage Can On Your Desk And Label it 'In'.

5. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks Once Everyone has Gotten Over Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch to Espresso.

6. In The Memo Field Of All Your Checks , Write ' For Smuggling Diamonds'.

7. Finish All Your sentences with 'In Accordance With The Prophecy'.

8. Don't use any punctuation.

9. As Often As Possible, Skip Rather Than Walk.

10. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.

11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is 'To Go'.

12. Sing Along At The Opera.

13. Go To A Poetry Recital. And Ask Why The Poems Don't Rhyme?

14. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area and Play tropical Sounds All Day.

15. Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend Their Party Because You're Not In the Mood.

16. Have Your Co-workers Address You By Your Wrestling Name, Rock Bottom.

17. When The Money Comes Out The ATM, Scream 'I Won! I Won!'

18. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking lot, Yelling 'Run For Your Lives! They're Loose!'

19. Tell Your Children Over Dinner, 'Due To The Economy, We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go.'

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
M
Haha .. love the hair dryer one ... I did something similar as that one time when i was up on the side of the road taking pictures with my DSLR on a tripod ... it was facing the road so it appeared i was a speed trap lol .. infact i was just doing long exposure shots on the side of the road to catch the cars lights going by and EVERYONE slowed down thinking i was a cop .. haha .. suckers. :P

M
M
I've got another one:

During the holiday shopping season, walk out of the mall and slowly head through the parking lot to your car. Keep walking and see how long cars follow you, desperate for your parking space.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

L
L
I have heard of people wrapping up their garbage in christmas wrap and leaving in their truck bed or car at the mall.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
C
OP Offline
C
I wonder if i could wrap my garbage and give it to someone?

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy
Haha .. love the hair dryer one ... I did something similar as that one time when i was up on the side of the road taking pictures with my DSLR on a tripod ... it was facing the road so it appeared i was a speed trap lol .. infact i was just doing long exposure shots on the side of the road to catch the cars lights going by and EVERYONE slowed down thinking i was a cop .. haha .. suckers. :P
rotflmao

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
E
E
Along these lines, I installed a remote start in a car I once owned. I used it to do this sort of thing from time to time.

It's even more convincing when the lights go on and steam starts pouring from the exhaust.

Just let it run a minute and then turn it off.

It drives those folks looking for an "up close" parking spot batty.

Originally Posted by maritalbliss
I've got another one:

During the holiday shopping season, walk out of the mall and slowly head through the parking lot to your car. Keep walking and see how long cars follow you, desperate for your parking space.

D
D
I've got another one:

We used to do then and then we'd duck down between the cars and run (waddle!) away so they had no idea where we'd gone.

W
W
Originally Posted by Enlightened_Ex
Along these lines, I installed a remote start in a car I once owned. I used it to do this sort of thing from time to time.

It's even more convincing when the lights go on and steam starts pouring from the exhaust.

Just let it run a minute and then turn it off.

It drives those folks looking for an "up close" parking spot batty.

I've got another one:

My dad was out in town one day and had the spare keyless remote to my mom's car. He had finished his errands and saw her car in the parking lot at the grocery store. He parked away from her car in the lot and waited for her to come out. She loaded her groceries in the car and got in. He opened her trunk. She got out to fix it, got back in the car. He popped the trunk again. As I recall, he did this several times before finally revealing himself. She was pretty ticked, although she forgave him...those two never stayed mad at each other for long. loveheart

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
H
H
There are two things I do frequently at work;

Skip rather than walk, and sing at the top of my lungs.

I work in assisted living right now, and it doesn't just bring a smile to my face - when I skip and sing through the dining room during meals, the residents LOVE it.

I also have a tendency to stand off to the side and dance when we have music groups for activities.

Again, the residents love it.

My coworkers? They think I'm nuts.

(I did the same thing at clinical sites in school - luckily, my clinical instructor was just as nuts as I am)

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
S
S
Talking about a slow day...

Is it so deathly quiet on here because of Superbowl Sunday? Someone mentioned to me that to me. Is that it? That's why you're all gone? Really?

What sport is that, anyway?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
Silly me. It's obvious bowling, hence "superbowl".

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
I can't believe my eyes. The BBC appears to be showing this game. What is the world coming to?

It appears to be some sort of wrestling match, involving a ball the wrong shape, and men attacking each other.

Is your whole country at a standstill because of THAT? Have you all lost your minds?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 493 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation