Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 48 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 47 48
T
T
Originally Posted by BestPlayer
*edit*

One post and this is their first post. Their already MB expert and telling SW is wrong.

Have a marraige go throught an affair then use MB.

Come back then post. Now you are just as fogged as SW's WW.

Well how about not using external pressure.

Well how about this little hint soon as exposure takes place and it is only one person external pressure is brought to bear to end the affair. This is how exposure is works.

Not enough pressure and nothing will happen.

Please stop posting you are only posting how not do an exposure and your ignorance on the subject.

Last edited by MBSeasons; 02/11/12 03:33 PM. Reason: Removing quote
N
N
*edit*

BP

Just a suggestion

You may want to read the terms of service for this site. Also the Basic concepts at the top of the page in the red banner and have a good footing on the MB's program before posting.

No where did SW call his WW out as a Hoe. Thats not the way MB's works. We do not use our opinions we use MB's concepts to help try and save marriages.

Her behavior may imply that but what SW did in no way expressed that in his exposure.

nESRE

Last edited by MBSeasons; 02/11/12 03:33 PM. Reason: Removing quote
G
GJM Offline
G
**edit**

That's the problem...you are using your opinion which isn't shared by the Harley's. The members here are not being guided by what they think might work. They are guided by what has proven to work and is the most effective. Doing nothing and hoping one day his W will return will definitely get him a divorce. Read the MB basic concepts and principles (again if you already have) and decide if this place is for you. You don't have to agree with the information here, but it is the most effective way to save a marriage.

Last edited by Fireproof; 02/11/12 03:33 PM. Reason: removing quote

Me: BH 36
Her: WW 34
Kids: D 14, S 12, S 9
DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
Filed for D 10/2011-Papers Served 11/2011
Divorce final May 24, 2012
My Story

M
M
Please refrain from posting until you have read the Basic Concepts of this site and are prepared to post advice based on Marriage Builders concepts.

mbseasons@aol.com
N
N
SW

You still with us?

Just wondering how your doing.

nESRE

M
M
Thinking of you SW - So proud of you.

No one hides when a murderer or a thief is on the loose, so why hide when an adulterer is on the loose.

S
OP Offline
S
Everyone, I'm still here and doing ok. Thanks for coming to my defense on BP post. I didn't get a chance to see it before it was edited. Just as well, doesn't sound like it was encouraging.

Last text I got from my wife was: "U better come up with some kind of story....u know the kids will ultimately b affected by ur actions."

I don't understand how they can. DS said he already knew what was going on. How can this affect them more? I'm wondering if my W doesn't think I sent the message to ALL of her friends, which would include many of DS and DD's friends. But I did not do that. Only to adult friends and family. And it wasn't to everyone on her list.

Me: 49
WW: 45
Married almost 23 years
Together 26+ years
DS18
DD15
D-Day: 7/28/11
Separated: 11/18/11
WW filed for D on 2/14/12 (3 days after near full exposure)
D final: 9/17/12
S
OP Offline
S
WW's aunt replied back nicely and said that I may just have to come to acceptance that the marriage is probably over. She's very sweet and wasn't mean.

Although that is MIL's sister, so I guarantee they were on the phone talking this morning and WW was there saying that the marriage is over.

I guess it's just a matter of timing for when WW will file. It's probably been that way all along. Just don't know why she's waiting so long.

Once again, back to the question is she just a wayward wife in the fog, or is she really a wife wanting out, just going about it the wrong and selfish way? Who knows.

Married almost 23 years
Together 26+ years
DS18
DD15
G
GJM Offline
G
She's definitely wayward and foggy. It could take some time for her to come out of it. Once the affair is over, she will have time to think about everything in her life. That's why Dr Harley recommends 6 months in Plan A and a year and a half of Plan B. If you can Plan A longer than 6 months, then by all means do it. He recommends no more than 2 years for the combined effort though.

Me: BH 36
Her: WW 34
Kids: D 14, S 12, S 9
DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
Filed for D 10/2011-Papers Served 11/2011
Divorce final May 24, 2012
My Story

V
V
Originally Posted by stillwaiting1963
Last text I got from my wife was: "U better come up with some kind of story....u know the kids will ultimately b affected by ur actions."

Remember what I said about anything she says today being meaningless?

You're projecting again, and it's way too early to be making predictions about what will or will not happen. Another thing is, you don't know what's going on on Fantasy Island right now. Probably a WHOLE LOT of LBing going on that you have no idea about.

I was thinking a little while ago that your hesitancy in exposing might have actually worked in your favor (this time). That FB pic was exposure gold, and an incredibly stupid move on their/his part. I guarantee you some serious words are being batted back and forth over that idiotic decision.

Not trying to pump you full of false hope or anything like that, but let exposure finish it's job. Believe me, even though you're finished on your end, it's still churning out there.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by TigerWes

That FB pic was exposure gold, and an incredibly stupid move on their/his part. I guarantee you some serious words are being batted back and forth over that idiotic decision.

I didn't mention anything about the picture in my initial exposure. People may have seen it or drawn attention to his page with my letter.

I do have a copy of it for safe keeping, but I have not sent it to anybody. BIL's know about it though.

Married almost 23 years
Together 26+ years
DS18
DD15
M
M

I don't understand how they can.
How silly. You don't need to come up with a 'story'. You are telling the truth. DUH on her.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

D
D
You are doing remarkably well, sw, keep it up.

It sounds like you are actually having a better time with responses to those you exposed to on FB than I am. So far, I only received two responses and neither of them were kind in the least (and these two are also two of the ones bashing me on FB).

Oh well, let them stew, better them be in pathetic moods today then me, lol. Granted, I'm not doing cartwheels of enjoyment right now but I'm still making it through the day appearing just as happy-go-lucky as ever.

Hold tight, sw, you are definitely working in the right direction.

V
V
Originally Posted by TigerWes

That FB pic was exposure gold, and an incredibly stupid move on their/his part. I guarantee you some serious words are being batted back and forth over that idiotic decision.

I didn't mention anything about the picture in my initial exposure. People may have seen it or drawn attention to his page with my letter.

I do have a copy of it for safe keeping, but I have not sent it to anybody. BIL's know about it though.
That's alright, you've still got it as irrefutable proof in case it's needed. I may have missed it but didn't you say you told the kids about it?

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

J
J
Still,

You did a great job protecting your family and saving your wife from herself, she doesn't realize it yet but she will when she calms down and has a chance to see her life for what it is, now that the fantasy life has hit real life......
I would not engage in any kind of dialoge about the exposure or the children, just tell the children the truth and tell her that is what you will say to them nothing else, they deserve to know why and what is happening to their lives......
Just keep it simple and tell her you love her and will do whatever you have to do to save your marriage.....
She is crashing and is finally feeling what damage she has done to her own life as well as her family..............let that happen...
She will need a few days to blow off all that steam and then she will come to her senses and realize you are saving her from her stupid self and that you are the one willing to forgive and stand with her and for her in this marriage....
I would rest up as much as you can in the next couple of days you are going to need to be sharp and very patient, she will test you over and over again and call you every name she can think of to try to blame you for what she has chosen to do to the family.......she will see there is no way out now that the world knows who she is and what she is doing.......
I will tell you every Wayward that is exposed does exactly the same thing........
Be still, breathe and be proud of how you stepped up to the plate when you had to, it doesn't always work but you given it the best shot you could have given yourself, everyone even her family and friends know it's not right to chose that kind of selfish choice, it's not right to hurt your family

Last edited by jessitaylor; 02/11/12 06:33 PM.

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by maritalbliss

I don't understand how they can.
DUH on her.
rotflmao

Married almost 23 years
Together 26+ years
DS18
DD15
L
L
still, your strength is amazing! well done on the exposure. yes, your ww is foggy. hang in there and work the programme. all this hard work will pay off for you. the support here is fantastic.

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
M
M
Once again, back to the question is she just a wayward wife in the fog, or is she really a wife wanting out, just going about it the wrong and selfish way? Who knows.

The answer is: all three! She is having an affair but really doesn't know what she wants. She has no more clue what wants than a falling down drunk.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
She didn't want out of the marriage until her affair began. Understand that. If she did, she would have gotten out, and not had an affair in the first place. That's the usual way for waywards. They tell you that it's been over for x many years, that they have never been happy, that the OP has NOTHING to do with it, but it's all a bunch of hooey. The affair is the ONLY reason that they want out now, and the history re-write is their way of justifying it. It's just sad how nowadays, people will be okay and even encourage people to date even though they are still married to someone else. Just ridiculous.

Stay strong. I received 1 message back from my exposure to OW's family on FB(I didn't copy all of the list and was blocked before I had a chance to expose to everyone, I regret that now). It was from an uncle of OW's. He said, "I know OW, but I do not know you." That was IT. I wish that my exposure had a bigger effect, as yours seems to be. Good job.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
I hate to see a new poster getting shut down early just because they haven't taken the time to read up on the concepts here. BestPlayer, I'd like to invite you to start your own thread and tell us about your situation. Welcome to Marriage Builders!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 22 of 48 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation