Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2598695 02/19/12 09:27 PM
B
buzyone Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hey everyone....sooo a little history...I have suffered my whole life with CHRONIC and I mean CHRONIC back and knee pain...to the point where its hard for me to get out of bed somedays.

Recently, thanks to the peeps over at **edit** as well as **edit** I have gotten my medical MJ card and have begun smoking for medication, instead of being hooked on these horrible pills they'[ve had me on. Anyways, the point and my dilemma really is that my hubby CANNOT stand me smoking...he says he HATES it....and it really is affecting our marriage. I mean I NEED it and he HATES it....HELP!!!!????

Last edited by MBLBanker; 02/19/12 09:31 PM. Reason: Removing links
P
P
Go see your physician.
Tell her/him you are 'hooked' on MJ.
ASK for help with a non pharmacological pain management plan.
Or ....... get a divorce.

M
M
In such a situation, I've heard Dr. Harley say to make an appointment with the physician who is prescribing medical marijuana and take your spouse with you. Then, follow the policy of joint agreement.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Dr. Harley on medical marijuana and the policy of joint agreement:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/radio_program/play_segment.cfm?sid=3382

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P
Thanks Markos.

J
J
Hi buzyone-

My OS has Crohns which causes lots of joint pain in addition to the intestinal issues. Because of it, he can't take any kind of pain reliever except narcotics, which he doesn't want to take unless he is at "11" on the "1 to 10" pain meter. That usually is only if he has to go to the ER for a severe flare-up.

On my dad's advice (a retired internist) he went to the naturopathic doctor who works with his primary care doctor and found out that turmeric can help relieve chronic pain. We get it at a local natural supplements store in capsule form. It took a few weeks before he noticed that his pain had lessened, as it is with all natural supplements.

Hope this helps-

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

V
V
Feverfew works very well for my Lupus/RA pain as well - I am off my day to day anti-inflammatories!

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
M
M
All Together Now: "Another Spammer Bites the Dust!"

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation