Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
OP Offline
W
First off, I am severely technologically challenged and my husband is just the opposite.

I've noticed a few things lately that are bothering me, and I want to see what he's doing on his phone. Looks like he has textplus silver edition, so that means he can text without it coming through our phone carrier, doesn't it? What type of device would get at this?

Also, I think he has an app for hidden photos/videos. I think the app is hidden as well. Found that it had been purchased by looking at our itunes acct.

I need something that will find these things, but also is VERY EASY to use. Or I'll need step by step instructions that I can practice over and over so I'm very good at it. I can only get his phone for short bits of time. Thanks for any guidance. This makes me very nervous.

V
V
Originally Posted by Wonderingif
First off, I am severely technologically challenged and my husband is just the opposite.

I've noticed a few things lately that are bothering me, and I want to see what he's doing on his phone. Looks like he has textplus silver edition, so that means he can text without it coming through our phone carrier, doesn't it? What type of device would get at this?

Also, I think he has an app for hidden photos/videos. I think the app is hidden as well. Found that it had been purchased by looking at our itunes acct.

I need something that will find these things, but also is VERY EASY to use. Or I'll need step by step instructions that I can practice over and over so I'm very good at it. I can only get his phone for short bits of time. Thanks for any guidance. This makes me very nervous.
Wonderingif, if I were you I would start a new thread on the SAA forum.

Surviving an Affair

A lot more traffic there, and some tremendous help awaits there. Tell your whole story. Read a few threads to get an idea on how to format that initial post. Provide as much pertinent info as you can, but eliminate the fluff. The better informed the members are of your situation, the better they can help.

As far as tech help, iphones are tough. You can only download Apple apps, unless you jailbreak the phone. But if your H is as tech savvy as you say, then he WILL notice immediately. Sorry. There is a keylogger in the works for iphones, but it's not there yet. So, not much help to you at the moment.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

W
OP Offline
W
I just texted the makers of the iPhone spy stick to ask if it recovers this type of information. I'll update when I find out.

J
J
Wondering,
If your husband has application which hide text messages and photos then he is probably having an affair.

J
J
Originally Posted by TigerWes
Originally Posted by Wonderingif

Wonderingif, if I were you I would start a new thread on the SAA forum.

Surviving an Affair

A lot more traffic there, and some tremendous help awaits there. Tell your whole story. Read a few threads to get an idea on how to format that initial post. Provide as much pertinent info as you can, but eliminate the fluff. The better informed the members are of your situation, the better they can help.

As far as tech help, iphones are tough. You can only download Apple apps, unless you jailbreak the phone. But if your H is as tech savvy as you say, then he WILL notice immediately. Sorry. There is a keylogger in the works for iphones, but it's not there yet. So, not much help to you at the moment.

She has a thread there already. This is an ongoing issue with her husband texting people from craigslist and swinger clubs.
her thread link: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/u...flat&Number=2602892&#Post2602892

W
OP Offline
W
Yeah, I'm pretty sure something is going on. I will snoop and I'll be on SAA for help if I find something. Thanks. Prayers are appreciated.

Edited to add: a few weeks ago he said he knew I'd been checking his phone and he didn't like it. That got me headed in this direction.

Last edited by Wonderingif; 03/06/12 09:37 AM.
W
OP Offline
W
Brickhouse Security emailed me back and said the spy stick won't find text plus texts, those stay within the app. It also won't find hidden apps. It may find hidden
pics but not videos.

I'll keep thinking about what to do.

T
txf Offline
T
How does the spy stick work exactly? I've already done a backup, so I need to do anything else? Or do I just plug the USB stick into my laptop without being connected to the iphone?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,183 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation