Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2618295 04/22/12 11:28 AM
M
OP Offline
M
It's been almost 3months since DDay and we are having some questions about continuing sessions with MB plan. I posted this in the SAA but no one answered. I hope someone will answer this. Thank you in advance.

I have some questions for the Vets or anyone who is in counseling or had counseling with SH. How many months did you all avail his services and what did you do when you are not in counseling anymore? Did you order a home course material so you can still continue or you just did it on your own using his teachings? I also emailed the office asking them if we are allowed to buy the accountable program since we ended our session 2 weeks ago after our 3 - "5 sessions package." We like SH a lot and will miss talking to him every week but it is too expensive at this time ( taxes, kids' summer school, my grad school and everything else ) but so worth every penny.

We still continue to plan our weekly UA ( 16-18 hours ) and tried so hard to meet our goal of more than 15 hours. We still do our plan of work ( our ENs ) with check marks if fulfilled and we make it a point to always include each other to whatever decision we may have.

Last edited by Mrs_Bricks; 04/22/12 11:29 AM.

ME: WW
BRICKS: BH
Mrs_Bricks #2618296 04/22/12 11:39 AM
M
M
MrsB, I would get these books and go through the assignments on your own:

Five Steps to Romantic Love (workbook)
Lovebusters
Surviving an Affair

In SAA, jump back to chapter 6 and start there and do the lessons. When you finish that, move onto Lovebusters and use the workbook to guide you through the lessons.

The hardest part for my H and I was learning the POJA, so you might need some help there when you get to that part. And in the meantime, be very strict about your UA time because this program does not work without it!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2618302 04/22/12 12:16 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Thank you so much, MelodyLane!

We have all of the 3 books that you mentioned. I told BRICKS about it and I bookmarked to chapter 6 on the SAA so it will be ready for us today. Yes, you are right about the strict UA time, it is very helpful for us to have our ENs printed out to be fulfilled and checked every time just like when SH have us submit to him every week. It does help a whole lot with being accountable with our ENs to each other.

We continue to do our plan of work ( scheduling of UA time ) every week and will start scheduling for babysitters - did the very first time last weekend ( paid $80 for 2 kids ages 11 and 6 for 10 hours but worth it! ) and have planned for next week as well. Our
main thing is hard to find things or activities that we both enjoy doing. We got a lot of ideas from that workbook before and will revisit. Thanks, again for answering my questions right away. Both BRICKS and I appreciate it.

Last edited by Mrs_Bricks; 04/22/12 12:27 PM. Reason: Missing word

ME: WW
BRICKS: BH

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation