Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2619004 04/25/12 02:40 AM
M
Mavis Offline OP
OP Offline
M
My husband works so much we don't share time together. I feel my emotional needs are no longer getting met. I have tried to be open about how I feel but he feels it is unsupportive and selfish for me to want more time as a couple and family. Any advice this matter is appreciated. Thank you.

Freed
B
B
Originally Posted by Mavis
My husband works so much we don't share time together. I feel my emotional needs are no longer getting met. I have tried to be open about how I feel but he feels it is unsupportive and selfish for me to want more time as a couple and family. Any advice this matter is appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome. This is an excellent place to learn the tools to have a very romantic marriage.

Dr. Harley himself is a proclaimed workaholic and him and Joyce have a very romantic marriage.

Please listen to these radio clips about Dr. Harley talking about a workaholic.
Radio clip on workaholics
segment #2
Segment #3

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

T
T
Hi Freed,

I'm new here too, and MelodyLane referred me to this article, which may help you, too.

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi8111_quit.html

It talks about emotional neglect. I am married to a workaholic, too, and I feel your pain! Best of luck to you! Hugs!

TinT

TinT--Trouble in Texas

Me: 40
Husband: 38
Married for 17 years
Together for 20 years
DD15
DS13
DS4

H's EA discovered 1/1/12
Caller on radioshow 5/8/12
Been in counseling with SHarley since 5/17/12
On the road to recover my marriage
TinT #2619116 04/25/12 11:59 AM
W
W
A couple of thoughts:

1) Make sure it is pleasant when he does come home. If he gets home to "you are always working!" then he may avoid it.
That isn't to say he doesn't need to do his share or you should avoid the topic, but it needs to be brought up in a nice way.

2) Is there somebody at work he likes to spend time with? In other words, is he possibly having an Emotional Affair with someone at work?

3) Is this an all the time thing or a seasonal (e.g., tax time) thing?

4) Did you both agree when he took this job?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,188 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation