Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#26288 11/10/99 02:11 PM
M
M
Yes, Lonestar, God will forgive any sin we ask for forgiveness for ... if we repent and turn from the sin.<P>However, in this case, I KNOW that divorce is a sin, and if I go ahead with that act, saying "Well, God will forgive me down the road." m cheapen the cross and what Jesus paid for this sin. You just can't go around sinning because you KNOW you'll get forgiven.<P>BUT, the affair was kinda the same thing I guess. <P>Sheesh. I'm confused.<p>[This message has been edited by Maya (edited November 10, 1999).]

#26289 11/10/99 02:54 PM
P
P
Maya,<BR>Doing God's will sometimes involves pain on the doer of His will. When you find a believer who is disobeying God's will you are supposed to confront them in Christian love much like you correct a child who has broken the rules. If this confrontation or whatever the numberof suggested times is does not correct the problem, you are to take it to the church. After that, I don't remember what the Bible says you are to do. If I can find it, I will let you know.<P>Jesus was certainly not happy about what He went through when viewed from a worldly perspective. He looked at it from what the final answer is as opposed to the immediate answer. As a Christian, we are supposed to make decisions with the eternal in mind. Sometimes that means suffering a little pain now. The analogy I would like to use is spending money on something that will give you immediate gratification but will hurt you in the long run. What is more important. The immediate gratification or the long term pain associated with that immediate gratification.<P>These are the tough choices that we must all make. More often than not we take the immediate gratification and worry about the long term pain later until we get to the long term pain and say I wish I had not done that back then. We also choose that path because we chose not to listen to what the long term ramifications associated with our decision. I know that this is not helping make your decision any easier but it is important to know as much as possible before you make a decision. I personally like to be well informed so that I am willing to accept the consequences of my decision.<BR> <BR>I agree with your staying but I don't agree why you are staying. Stay because you love God rather than because you fear what He will do to you if you don't stay. I say all of this because He loves you. I don't like you being in the pain that you are. It took me a while to fully understand what I have written but once I did it became very clear.<P>MONDO HUG!!!!!!!!!<P>------------------<BR>God Bless,<BR>Rob<P><BR>

#26290 11/10/99 03:04 PM
M
M
Rob, I know EXACTLY the passages you're referring to .... MORE COMMONLY KNOWN AS CHURCH DISCIPLINE.<P>I have a whole different set of issues on that one. I was threatened with that last fall, and they took the OM off the church rolls because he didn't do that THEY thought he should do. (I, of course, did and ended up being the princess -- and the one in total agony now)<P>

#26291 11/10/99 03:06 PM
P
P
Maya,<BR>I agree with SHA. You must forgive yourself. I also agree that this is causing you to be in depression. We ALL LOVE you here and want nothing but the best for you.<P>I am continuing to pray for you. It is hard but He will take it all away. Just let Him. <P>------------------<BR>God Bless,<BR>Rob<P><BR>

#26292 11/10/99 03:29 PM
S
S
Maya,<P>Hi there lady! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Good advise from all. Lots of responses and many pages to this topic. See you much you are loved and cared for? You are very important to us all here and more importantly to your family.<P>I didn't see that anyone suggested here yet, and I am suggesting because you feel it is a long term spiritual problem...<BR><B>How about changing churches as well?</B> Yes I know husband wants you to attend the church with him. Tell him honestly that you don't feel your getting all you need at this time from this church. Find a church where you feel at home.<P>Also as I wrote before and everyone has pretty much written here. Take care of seeing someone for the depression. Try the Saint Johns Wort or better yet get into the family Dr. meanwhile. Come on lady. Living like this is existing not living. The Lord meant for you to have life abundant. It's time for some living abundantly! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I was hoping you'd respond to my last e-mail. Now I see why you haven't. You have been very busy here responding. <P>Have the greatest day and night you can! <P>Also remember Heaven is not an earned gift. You can't earn a gift. It is given out of love for us. If we had to earn it none of us would get there. <P>Will be lighting another candle for you in prayer. <P>------------------<BR>God bless you and all of us.<P>Samantha<BR>

#26293 11/10/99 03:33 PM
M
M
Thanks, Samantha!<P>Yes, I've been a little ... er ... um ... busy. And I've been trying to squeeze in some actual WORK ... LOL<P>Thanks for all the encouragement .... I'm so grateful to everyone that's prodding me in the right direction. I'm sorry I'm such a stubborn ol' mule sometimes (like ALL the time).<P>Thanks for the patience!

#26294 11/10/99 09:37 PM
M
M
Maya,<BR> I just had to get in on the longest thread here yet!After reading all these posts on divorce without biblical cause being a sin,just made me realize that there's a lot of sinners out there.People seem to get divorced at the drop of a hat anymore,especially in this country.Jerry Seinfeld is marrying a woman who divorced her H of 3 weeks,probably because Jerry has more money.Now there's grounds for divorce!So while you're lamenting on doing the right thing,millions in this country are divorcing as if it were no different than changing a pair of shoes.Which means I have more respect for you than I do for a lot of people.I don't have any answers for you,as pertaining to the Bible.But maybe you should get a good checkup,and try some anti-depressants,or other meds,before making any rash decisions.A long vacation,lying on a nice,warm beach with a pina colada,couldn't hurt either!Take care. <BR>--Murph

#26295 11/11/99 12:22 AM
E
E
Maya -- Hi remember me? I am glad to see you talking (typing again). I can not even begin to think of how I could add to the loving advice you have gotten to this point, so I will simply say that you are loved here, and that I am praying for you.<P>God Bless

#26296 11/11/99 12:28 AM
N
N
Maya,<P>Don't know how I missed out on this one, but wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you too... and you certainly sparked some interesting conversation.<P>Also, hope it's okay, but I emailed you. Let me know if you get it.<P>Hope the rest of this week brings some peace into your life!!<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>Marriage: the most important contract you'll ever enter into, and the most sacred.<P><BR>

#26297 11/11/99 01:01 AM
D
D
Hey Maya,<P>Seems like yer gettin' some good advice here, kiddo. Can't really offer much else, since my own well's pretty dry at the moment.<P>I WILL say a prayer for you, OK?<P>"Are you listening, God? This is kind of a rush request for our bud Maya." [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#26298 11/11/99 08:53 AM
M
M
Thanks, Douglas. I miss ya. May the waters begin to flow again in your life!<P>Don't be a stranger.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation