Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
H
OP Offline
H
and now shes on board with the mb program whereas before she wasn't. im not going to punish her if shes showing true remorse and offering just compensation now.

H
H
HH,

What you aren't GETTING here with this break in NC, is that phonecall could have been a planning session to resume the A right under your nose. And hey, just to keep you off the trail, she'll amp up the sweet talk, sugar!

Any contact with the AP sets your recovery, and her withdrawal from the AP back to DAY 1.

I hope you have a good snooping setup. Dropping your guard at this point is giving up.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
M
Originally Posted by Hopeful_Hubby
and now shes on board with the mb program whereas before she wasn't.

Nope. She is not.

No Contact is a fairly easy concept to understand. No ambiguity in it. It means one doesnt initiate, accept, open email, open text, or USPS conversation in any other way from her Affair Partner.

If she is driving down a busy highway and her guy is on the other side in his own car, fleeting eye contact is not permitted.

Innocent bumping into at the mall is not allowed.

CALLING HIM IS ONE OF THE WORST BREAKING OF THIS RULE THAT COULD BE.

Come on, dude. Man up here. You are being played by these 2.

A slap on the wrist and 'please dont do that again' does not suffice.

Last edited by MikeStillSmiling; 08/13/12 12:16 PM.

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
S
S
and now shes on board with the mb program

She's been happier lately

A wayward who is serious about NC would have never called the OM.

The fact that you are minimizing what a setback this is shows that you do not understand the addictive nature of affairs AT ALL. She is a crackhead and and she just took a hit off the crackpipe. She is happy because she is high off of the recent contact.

OM is top of mind and the likelyhood of more contact is extremely high.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
G
G
Hopeful_Hubby,

and now shes on board with the mb program whereas before she wasn't. im not going to punish her if shes showing true remorse and offering just compensation now.

Once again have you informed OMW about this, and have you exposed the OM?

Punish her?, no punish the OM for this insult.

And this just compensation is more like damage control.

God Bless
Gamma

Last edited by Gamma; 08/13/12 12:52 PM.
S
S
i understand all that. it did piss me off, but the # of EP's is increasing and the way she is treating me is improved.

Most likely her treatment of you has improved because she wants to distract you from ongoing C and looking closer at the lack of EPs.

She's in another state from the OM. I have had a keylogger on her computer and phone for a while. There is no more contact. There are no more secrets.

I hope you understand now that this type of attitude in part is what lead to you not watching her more closely. Your WW is showing all the signs of someone who is either still in C or not even close to being through withdrawal = high chance of continued contact. Your attitude should be, I need to watch her closely. She is a crackhead and still looking for her fix.

BTW, can you explain to us how you did not know the OM was emailing her and she was calling him on your own if you had a keylogger on phone and email?

What EPs have you changed to prevent this into the future? How did the OM get her email? Was it never changed?

She shouldn't be using the computer without you right there in the room with her at least until she is through withdrawal.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
M
M

Well, you shouldn't punish her no matter what.

But you should be aware that this is a SERIOUS problem that you need to address, not sweep under the rug.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
S

Regarding your going away for five weeks:

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
ugh.. That will be a disaster. What bad timing. Can you get out of this?

No however, we're living with her parents (who are on board and committed to our relationship and live out in the middle of nowhere)in the mean time until that is over.

but now you say this:

In any regards, I'm NOT going to the military schooling for the next 5 weeks now. This one's for you Melodylane. I managed to get out of it, for now.

So you could have gotten out of it but you did not take what ML told you seriously enough.

We cannot help you if you do not somehow absorb how serious EPs are and how you cannot deviate from this program in the tiniest bit.

These two recent contacts, when your WW was at home on the email and when she was using the phone to call OM and you were at the hospital, you two should have been together. I see many many gaps here, and the biggest problem is that you don't take the risk of the A igniting seriously enough.

You have had amazing posters trying to tell you from the beginning, SC, ML, bliss, and many others, and you have been resisting every step of the way that your WW is still at risk for contact.

I am not sure what it is going to take for you to "get" it....

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
M
M
Let's regroup here my friend and take stock of what is your reality.

You have a still-fogged-out WW who is saying one thing to you and acting in quite another.

You have an OM making contact with your wife.

Its time to hop in to the car and go visit this OM and let him know its over. Grab one of your largest buddies to ride shotgun and time to let this guy know what's yours.

Then, when you get home, you tell your wife that her last contact was in fact, her LAST contact. Should you learn about ANY CONTACT OF ANY NATURE that HH is gonzo. The locks will be changed and her life with you as she knows it is over.

You are coming off as weak when this is a time to let her know you are not weak, you are making the rules if she wants to continue to be married. A cheating wife makes a man look like less a man, I know too well. Laying down the law does the opposite. Setting guidelines for her (and you) is a manly thing.

You have a diseased woman in your midst. One who is more interested in destroying many peoples lives to satisfy a selfish need. A firm hand is needed.

H
OP Offline
H

M
M

OK. Good luck.

A
A
HH,

Your wife is not on board with MB. She is GASLIGHTING. If you haven't done it already, take a look at the false recovery thread of lessons learned.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
G
G
Hopeful_Hubby,

BTW is something else going on here? Did you get a DNA test for your twins? It really feels like your W is still mentally wayward.

God Bless
Gamma

S
S

First of all, you have already told us this again and again from the beginning of this thread that there is no further contact and you two just need move to the rebuilding part, etc. What would be more helpful is if you would answer our questions.

If she is serious about being "on board", please tell us your WW's EP/NC plan? I saw something about privatizing the blog and changing phone numbers but that doesn't cover what led to the two recent broken NCs (that you know of).

She's in another state from the OM. I have had a keylogger on her computer and phone for a while. There is no more contact. There are no more secrets.

Originally Posted by SusieQ
I hope you understand now that this type of attitude in part is what lead to you not watching her more closely. Your WW is showing all the signs of someone who is either still in C or not even close to being through withdrawal = high chance of continued contact. Your attitude should be, I need to watch her closely. She is a crackhead and still looking for her fix.

BTW, can you explain to us how you did not know the OM was emailing her and she was calling him on your own if you had a keylogger on phone and email?

I would really appreciate your addressing this and also letting us know if OMW was told of the break in NC.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
M
M
Originally Posted by armymama
HH,

Your wife is not on board with MB. She is GASLIGHTING. If you haven't done it already, take a look at the false recovery thread of lessons learned.

AM
THIS. HH, a remorseful spouse DOES NOT EVER - EVER contact their affair partner. redflag

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

N
N
Dude, it's become almost exepcted that certain forms of BH will put blinders on and fail to READ, much less internalize, what is written to them for their benefit. (Without getting too negative, let me preface the rest of this note by saying you are one of those unfortunate BHs.)

But, my friend, you may have set the standard for willful "blinders", as it's increasingly evident you do not even read or digest your OWN writings.

13 August, 2:35pm
The night after holding my hand, I went to hold her's the next night and she wouldn't let me. This set me off as I felt totally confused and rejected. The mixed signals killed me. I guess she had read a page I'd written when I was pissed off at the POSOM. She said the anger distances her from me.

13 August, 2:53pm
...and now shes on board with the mb program whereas before she wasn't. im not going to punish her if shes showing true remorse and offering just compensation now.

In eighteen minutes, you went from righteous displeasure with her cavalier treatment of you and rejection of just compensation (and let's be fair: you were trying to hold her hand, not write additiional chapters to the Kama Sutra!), to a weak-wristed, "Oh, but she's trying sooooooo hard!"

In your misguided zeal to tell my colleagues that they are in error, you've exposed your own craven, pathetic, conflict-avoiding obsequiesness to WW.

In your current state, you are unhelpable. WW has her stiletto heel tamped down on your man-pebbles, waiting to hear the "pop"!

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

H
OP Offline
H
Something that I have learned through this process called recovery is that true love is created through GIVING of oneself the other their emotional needs. Receiving is important, but it's the giving that creates a love that lasts.

B
B
Something that I have learned through this process called recovery is that true love is created through GIVING of oneself the other their emotional needs. Receiving is important, but it's the giving that creates a love that lasts.
Have you read this?
The Giver and Taker

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

H
OP Offline
H
Very familiar with it.

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation