Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18
H
H
I would ask the judge next time to look at the big picture of all that has happened and all that has been alleged and to give you primary custody with an every other weekend arrangement for her in order to give the kids the most stability and to protect them from both her irrational behavior, the false accusations, and the POSOM and his violent habits.

G
G
TR,

I can't understand how WW clings so tight to OM that can not provide for her financially well.

For the same reason pimps are able to control women, it's more like slavery than a voluntary relationship, idiots like that just don't have the sense to be ashamed of what they do.

God Bless
Gamma

P
OP Offline
P
Hey guys! It's about time for a new update. Anyways, PSUBIKER has a new girlfriend who is absolutely wonderful. We have a ton in common and just plain old have fun together.

As for the job search, I am going back to work on July 2nd. It is a consulting gig with a company doing validation work with a major pharmaceutical company in PA. The bad news is it is north of philly, about two hours from where I live. However, it pays about 25% more than what I got at my old job and has full benefits. So, a decision is going to have to be made about what to do with the kids.

I'm planning on moving - I can't do that commute. Where I would move would be where all of exWW's extended family lives since it is about 30 minutes from my new job. Plus, it is in one of the top 5 school districts in the state, so good schools for the kids.

ExWW had hinted a few weeks ago that she wants to move back to where her family is. I'll believe it when I see it. Either way, the kids will have to go to a new school next school year since neither one of us will be living in the state where the kids currently go to school at. It's a really tough situation but bottom line is someone has to work to support the kids and my new job is in the children's best interest.

As for my bike riding, I've lost 60 pounds since the beginning of the year, and am under 200 pounds for the first time since 2001. I've done a few bike races, won one. I also entered a triathlon on a lark last weekend and did really well - 5th in my agegroup, was in 4th place overall after the bike leg. So, I have some good fitness but just need to learn how to suffer while running.

Because of my result, my fitness, and my new job, I needed to have a goal to keep me focused on my fitness and not slip into old habits. So, I entered the Savageman Triathlon in mid September. It is a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike leg, and a 13 mile run. The bike course is widely regarded as the hardest triathlon bike course in the world - it is steep, relentless hills with one hill maxing out at a 31% grade. If you make it over the 31% hill without falling over, you get a personalized brick laid into the pavement of the 31% hill. Pretty cool!I want a brick!

Overall, things are going to get busy in the next couple of months but I am looking forward to it

Me BH 35 WW 36
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
B
B
Thanks for the update and glad you're doing so well. hurray

Hope you can stay a bit? We sure could use all the help in the trauma ward, especially BHs and CS issues.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Thank for the update. Will the company reimburse you going to Law School or is that something for later? Earle Mack at Drexel University appears to be a little on the north side of Philly.

Pray the children keep adjusting. Poor kids.

Godspeed,

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
I
I
Hi PSU,

Thanks for the update. I'm an old registered rider who has gone to seed.

I am glad about the new lady. Will she move with you? Very glad that you have stayed with bicycles rather than killing the poor ponies with a 260 lb carrying load. Great to hear that you have a target set up. Hope that you enter the Hollywood walk/hill of fame with your brick in the pavement.

Guess I am waiting to hear that your ex wakes up from the Marlbora fantasy. No news?

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
K
K
I'd love to know how you found out about the job. I'm looking for a new career and that sounds like something that would be right up my alley.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by imagine
Hi PSU,

Thanks for the update. I'm an old registered rider who has gone to seed.

I am glad about the new lady. Will she move with you? Very glad that you have stayed with bicycles rather than killing the poor ponies with a 260 lb carrying load. Great to hear that you have a target set up. Hope that you enter the Hollywood walk/hill of fame with your brick in the pavement.

Guess I am waiting to hear that your ex wakes up from the Marlbora fantasy. No news?

I used to race too but the seeds were replanted this year. It is never too late to get back into fighting shape.

Me BH 35 WW 36
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
P
P
Hi hug

C
C
Grats PSU. Good news indeed

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
H
H
What are you thinking about doing with the kids? You only have 2 options: 1. Petition to move with them and have you be the primary caretaker or 2. Leave them to the WXW.

My vote is for the first, but you have a mountain to climb to make the case.

M
M
Originally Posted by helpthelostdads
What are you thinking about doing with the kids? You only have 2 options: 1. Petition to move with them and have you be the primary caretaker or 2. Leave them to the WXW.

I think PSU is counting on WXW wanting to move to that area too as that is where her extended family is. (sadly...most likely OM's family also)

Hello briar patch

Mr. W

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by helpthelostdads

I went with option C. Turns out, my drive is "only" 75-90 minutes from my house to the new job. I ended up hiring a nanny to help me out with the kids. It's not ideal. But, it is working out better than I expected.

Here's an update:

I started a new job on July 2nd. It's a consulting gig with a pharmaceutical company that's gotten in some trouble with the FDA. The job is great - the only problem is it's 90 minutes from where I live. Between that, the commute, kids, training, and girlfriend, I just don't have much bandwith to hang out here.

The week after I started the new job, I came down with shingles. Let's just say, shingles SUCKS! Good thing my girlfriend is a Nurse Practitioner in gynecology at a large university. She diagnosed it as soon as the first blisters showed up, wrote me a script for the anti-shingles drug and some lidocaine gel, and was able to manage it so the I was only in bad shape for about 5 days. I still gritted my way through my second week of work without calling in.

Either way, at it's peak, I felt like someone was removing my kidneys with a butterknife. I was lucky that it hit me in my abdomen / kidney area. It could have hit up high (head/face) or nether regions. I had two wisdom teeth removed in May, the doc gave me some Percocet after the extractions. I was able to get by with just Tylanol. For the shingles, I was glad I didn't use the Percocet for my teeth a couple of months prior!

In August, I was surprised with a custody filing by exWW. In it, she said she enrolled the kids in school out of state without my knowledge, or my consent and against the injunction she put in place when she made the filing prohibiting her from moving the kids out of state.

After some quick thinking, I got a copy of the injunction, a copy of the custody order, sent them to the principal and superintendent of the school she enrolled them in, and was able to get the kids back to their regular school by me after the first week of school. Needless to say, our judge was not very happy with her.

We had the custody hearing on Halloween, still haven't heard the judge's decision. I think it went well for me - I can't see how the judge can rule in her favor since he already set the precedent three years ago that the kid's current school is what is in there best interest and there hasn't really been any change in circumstances on my part since then.

In September, I did the Savageman Triathlon. It is the hardest half iron distance triathlon in the world. It is known for the "Westernport Wall" - a 1.5 mile climb with an average 17% grade, including one 200 yard section that is at 31%. If you make it over the 31% section with out falling over or putting your foot down AND you finish the race, the race organizers engrave a brick in your name and embed it in the pavement on the Westernport Wall.

Here's a You Tube video of the steep section of the wall (I'm at the :40 - :50 second mark on the yellow bike, black helmet, black jersey)

I did really well considering I had never run a half marathon in my life. I was in third place overall in my age group after the bike. Unfortunately, my run is a huge work in progress and I ended up walking the last six miles of the run. Nevertheless, I finished and got my brick! For next year, I've been working hard on my running - helps that my girlfriend is a track coach and I expect to finish top 5 in my age group!

All in all, it's been a great year for me. I lost 70 pounds between January 1 through Sept 15 (put 15 back on but it's the offseason), was able to achieve the same level of cycling fitness that I had when I was on the cycling team in college, realized that I was a dope for not doing triathlons when I was in my early 20's, have a kick [censored] job where I am leading a project that is cutting edge in pharmaceutical logistics, and have an awesome girlfriend.

I finally feel that the hellfires of 2008-2011 are fading in my rearview mirror and I am looking forward to a very bright future!

Me BH 35 WW 36
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
B
B
Thanks for checking in and the update PSUBIKER.

I'm glad things are going well (minus the shingles, those suck big time) and the commute.

Here's for the judge to come to a favorable decision for you. pray

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

K
K
Oh wow. Even after all this legal wrangling she still thinks she can get away with this kind of crap with the judge?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
J
J
Have you tried the Jeff Galloway walk run method?
I've ran several half marathons and I like it.
I've also placed in my age group and overall

Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation