Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 47 of 48 1 2 45 46 47 48
M
M
Originally Posted by rainysweet
Got a demand letter from pinoke about taking down the website. My lawyer quit helping me because of it. New lawyer said it's probably a better idea to take it down to be safe.

Your lawyer quit helping you because of it? Why?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Am I really crazy and awful that I did that?

Nothing crazy or awful about it! All you did was post some nice pictures. Is there something wrong with the pictures?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
are there still recent hits?
can you tell by IP address if the same people are visiting?

I would continue to use it as a bargaining chip.
Reply like Mel advised -- "Rainy will CONSIDER taking it down upon payment of all past due child support" End of reply.

Throw that response at your attorney and see how that flies...

P
P
I did check stats on it for the first time - over 500 hits the day after the biggest exposure. Crazy, huh? I had no idea. So if all these people don't want this info, why do they go look at it?

This is what Pep would do. grin

Have some fun with it now.
For instance, photoshop a rat head & rat tail onto her body.
Put donkey ears on his head. And Pinoccio's nose, of course.
Change all the names just enough so that they resemble the actual names, but are now hilariously funny.
Change the names of towns and places to things like: "Then, the enchanted couple traveled the River Styx in their inner tubes."

Turn it into a twisted fairy tail. (or twisted furry tale)

See if you get another flurry of hits once it is obviously "them" but now funny as heck.

Have you ever seen the "schmoopie" YouTube videos?

Last edited by Pepperband; 06/19/12 01:16 PM.
P
P
This is just one of a series.
Hilarious.
Warning, the language gets 'dirty' ... but in a very funny way.

M
M
rainy, that would be so perfect!!! Post those soul mate schmoopie vids!! rotflmao

Exposure 101

I
I
Are there some legal issues we aren't considering?

Like copyright of pics? In the UK, the pics belong to the person who took them and I doubt Rainy took those pics.

Its not a libel issue surely, the pictures are the proof of the 'homewreckers' title.

Some lawyers do just want an easy life.

Its up to you really, Rainy. If you're going to get constantly hassled and your Plan B interuppted Iy might be worth letting it drop. I'm sure everyone who cares has saved copies of the pics anyway.

While your AoA suit is ongoing, you're not truly dark anyway so might as well let it ride for now. Take it down when you want, not when ratgirl does.

Unless there are proper legal issues with the site they could snare you with. Make sure your lawyer explains proper reasons and is not just being lazy.

Plus Mel and I would LOVE someone to sue, so they could be called up in court to account for themselves.

But you've even got that base covered!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

I
I
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I did check stats on it for the first time - over 500 hits the day after the biggest exposure. Crazy, huh? I had no idea. So if all these people don't want this info, why do they go look at it?

This is what Pep would do. grin

Have some fun with it now.
For instance, photoshop a rat head & rat tail onto her body.
Put donkey ears on his head. And Pinoccio's nose, of course.
Change all the names just enough so that they resemble the actual names, but are now hilariously funny.
Change the names of towns and places to things like: "Then, the enchanted couple traveled the River Styx in their inner tubes."

Turn it into a twisted fairy tail. (or twisted furry tale)

See if you get another flurry of hits once it is obviously "them" but now funny as heck.

Have you ever seen the "schmoopie" YouTube videos?

Oh my god that's fantastic!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

P
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
rainy, that would be so perfect!!! Post those soul mate schmoopie vids!! rotflmao

Here is a link to *** the series *** on YouTube.

P
P
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Take it down when you want, not when ratgirl does.

EGG ZAK LEE !!!

L
L
Those videos are HILARIOUS!

P
P
Originally Posted by Lexxxy
Those videos are HILARIOUS!

Indeed.

There is a tutorial about making your own movies for You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/create_detail/Xtranormal

If you have their actual words via snooping, by all means use their own words.
If they call each other by pet names, use those names.

R
OP Offline
R
You all are funny:) I don't want more legal problems, though. Just want to be done.

Married: 22 years
Me: BW 41
Him: WH 43
Sons: 19, 17, 12
Daughter: 16
DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Brief recovery of a few months in there.
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Are there some legal issues we aren't considering?

Like copyright of pics? In the UK, the pics belong to the person who took them and I doubt Rainy took those pics.

Its not a libel issue surely, the pictures are the proof of the 'homewreckers' title.

Some lawyers do just want an easy life.

Its up to you really, Rainy. If you're going to get constantly hassled and your Plan B interuppted Iy might be worth letting it drop. I'm sure everyone who cares has saved copies of the pics anyway.

While your AoA suit is ongoing, you're not truly dark anyway so might as well let it ride for now. Take it down when you want, not when ratgirl does.

Unless there are proper legal issues with the site they could snare you with. Make sure your lawyer explains proper reasons and is not just being lazy.

Plus Mel and I would LOVE someone to sue, so they could be called up in court to account for themselves.

But you've even got that base covered!

You would love someone to sue? Are you lawyers? Or just spectators? smile

My lawyer just doesn't want to deal with anything complicated. The new lawyer is much more willing to deal with stuff, but he said he thinks I may come to regret setting up the site, that they can try to use it against me as slander (which we can fight against as we've pointed out, but time and money) but that it makes me look bad, vindictive like they are trying to portray me as - to a judge or jury. Basically just points against me that I don't need.

But it is a bargaining chip that is freaking rodent out. Pinoke is getting more and more horrible trying to force me to take it down - all of which makes me want to keep it up. Truthfully, I took it down Sunday. Decided it had done its job and I just didn't want to think about it anymore. Then I got his nasty lawyer letter about suing me, and all the money I owe him for various things, and he's fighting the PO, on and on. So I put it back up. I'm done bowing to vermin. She just keeps driving things worse and worse. Stupid tramp. I would have taken it down long ago if she hadn't stopped my child support and PO and made my life hell. Heck, I never would have put it up.

I also don't want legal trouble I can't pay for. I guess I just hang tight and pray the a of a slams this down.

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
R
OP Offline
R
I don't know about copyright on just everyday pics. I didn't think there was one. That would be hilarious though, since I think EX MIL took them, and she'd have to confess.

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
L
L
how's it rainy? thursday is finally here! {{rainy}}}

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
R
OP Offline
R
Yay, Thursday! (Is there something special about today? Or just almost Friday?)

Thanks for thinking of me, Letty. How are you?

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
L
L
lol, well, it's friday here! i thought today was a of a day? happy weekend to you!

ps: i have finished all my exam marking AND reports, yippee! do you use google forms or flubaroo with your work?

Last edited by Letty; 06/22/12 02:56 AM. Reason: added ps

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
R
OP Offline
R
Hi, Letty. Sorry, last week of school for me, so I'm sure you can relate. Aaaaarrrrrgh! I haven't had time to get on here for a few days. So glad for you that you are done! Yay! How long is your break? No, we don't use either of those things - never heard of flubaroo?

A of A response was due by this past Monday. They just threatened to counter sue on defamation. They won't win, but rodent has apparently run BH and his "making millions" power into the ground. They don't have enough assets to go after to make it worth it to my lawyer. Not sure what I'm gonna do from here. Too many other things going on this week to stress over it.

I LOVE Plan B. So much less stress.

I know I have a debt to pay forward here - I'll be on again soon. Sorry all.

Continued prayers appreciated.

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
B
B
Hi, Letty. Sorry, last week of school for me, so I'm sure you can relate. Aaaaarrrrrgh! I haven't had time to get on here for a few days. So glad for you that you are done! Yay! How long is your break? No, we don't use either of those things - never heard of flubaroo?

A of A response was due by this past Monday. They just threatened to counter sue on defamation. They won't win, but rodent has apparently run BH and his "making millions" power into the ground. They don't have enough assets to go after to make it worth it to my lawyer. Not sure what I'm gonna do from here. Too many other things going on this week to stress over it.

I LOVE Plan B. So much less stress.

I know I have a debt to pay forward here - I'll be on again soon. Sorry all.

Continued prayers appreciated.

So glad to hear from you Rainy. cool

Waywards running the financial tap dry. Wow what a shocker.

So what does your lawyer suggest on the A od A case?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 47 of 48 1 2 45 46 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation