Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
I
OP Offline
I
Thanks re cc:, HDW. And I get your point re "tmi" in the letter.

----
Me: BS (b. 1965)
Wife: WS (b. 1971)
Affair exposed: May 2012. Affair proven: Apr 2012. Affair first suspected: Jan 2011. (Affair started: Late 2010.) ILYBINILWY (said by WW to BH): ~Sep 2009
DD: b. 2005. Married: May 2005. Met: Jul 2002. DSS: b. 1999.
B
B
Originally Posted by igiiroko
Thanks re cc:, HDW. And I get your point re "tmi" in the letter.

So when's your launch B date?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

I
OP Offline
I
Spoke to WW at length today - first time in a while. I effectively told her the contents of the PBL (bad move? maybe - but I wanted her to be under no illusions...). She said a lot, the usual self-justifying guff. Her euphemism "I did the wrong thing..." to describe her adultery winds me up even more than before, but I kept my temper in check. She did say something curious, though - twice, at different times in the conversation: she said she told OM that he would and could never be like me (igi) or meet my standards, and that she knows there's no-one else out there like me (igi) who has been dedicated to her, a good provider, a patient dad, a loving, intelligent, professional family man. Just so he knows.

And I'm thinking a) why say that to him? and b) why say that to ME?!

----
Affair exposed: May 2012. Affair proven: Apr 2012. Affair first suspected: Jan 2011. (Affair started: Late 2010.) ILYBINILWY (said by WW to BH): ~Sep 2009
J
J
Why discuss it with her?
You need to understand that when you send the plan B letter there is no more contact.
If she calls you and says, can you explain it to me?
You dont talk.

Don't try to figure out her talking. Her actions are what matters.

N
N
...she said she told OM that he would and could never be like me (igi) or meet my standards, and that she knows there's no-one else out there like me (igi) who has been dedicated to her, a good provider, a patient dad, a loving, intelligent, professional family man. And I'm thinking a) why say that to him? and b) why say that to ME?!

Uhhh, dude, she didn't say it to him. She's playing you for the malleable, gullible fellow she has always known you to be!

I await the PBL. If I am still to be your IM, I need the letter as support.

I
OP Offline
I
Hello all. Radio silence has been for health and work reasons. In intervening period I've been given insight into WW's possible intentions on custodial and other fronts. I've also learned the stark reality of how the system is stacked against the father/husband here in England. ("Adultery? Doesn't matter: no big deal. In fact, if she's settled with OM, her 'new stable environment' is a plus point!" "Drugs? She's promised to reform her character, so kids are fine with her." "Neglect? She's learned the error of her previous ways. She's sorry. Kids'll be fine." I could almost hear the Child Services person yawn over the 'phone: "What? WW's not a crack addict injecting herself in front of the kids? Or injecting the kids? So what's the beef?" Etc..!)

So before embarking on Plan B, which will undoubtedly bring an aggressive response centred on DD7, I need more than the flimsy institutional and societal backing that exists here by default. On legal advice I've therefore had to have a PI look into OM's background, for any evidence of him as a potential danger to the health, upbringing and well-being of young children. Quelle surprise: turn's out he's using an assumed name. But we now have his real name and address. I'm hoping to get more detail over this weekend. Criminal checks, tax evasion, benefits fraud, drug charges, sex offences, the works. (Am I missing anything?)

PS: Had ECG last week. It revealed something, so had to spend whole day in hospital undergoing a battery of tests. It was bad enough for medics to want to keep me in overnight, but not bad enough for them to insist when I explained I'm a single dad with a young daughter to pick up from after-school club. I'll be having further tests next week or so. So I'm meditating and seeing a counsellor: "Ommmm..."

I'll thank you for any further insights, perspectives and experiences.

----
B
B
hug so sorry about your health situation, my friend.

Good job on hiring the PI and getting the goods. Can you use it?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Remind me, please: you exposed the A, correct?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

I
OP Offline
I
Thanks, @BH and @MB. Darn right I can use PI's findings: I just hope there IS concrete material to use! And yes, I exposed affair about six weeks ago. It shames me that there is no shame in this country...

(On the other hand, what did I expect, knowing WW's mingling with DJs and the other bed-hoppers of the "clubbing scene"..?)

----
H
H
Sorry to hear about your health. I think hiring the PI was a great decision I hope it provides the evidence you need. Its disheartening that despite the effects adultery and AP have on children there are laws which allow contact with the AP. Its sad that society has become desensitised to adultery when it causes so much devastation.

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ian T, SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 1,073 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation