Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Rock__ #2535906 08/16/11 04:01 PM
I
I
Read the craziest things to come out of a waywards piehole thread.

Ill find and bump for you

They are all reading from the same crazy script.

"It not OW fault WE grew apart"

"I love you but Im not in love with you"

"People get divorced all the time"

Its a sickness, but a strangely identical one from person to person

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

indiegirl #2535981 08/17/11 02:24 AM
C
C
Rock, this is one of the easiest excuses a WS can use to explain wayward behaviour in my opinion, because in current times a lot of people question marrying young.

My WH tried this excuse with the sister who was concerned when we got married young and neither of us had dated anyone else. But with other sister (who also married young and is happily married) he used another excuse, and the sister who is not yet married but is my age, he used another excuse. With my father who WH asked for my hand in marriage the old-fashioned way, he blamed me. Translated from wayward language, this means "It's not my fault I am breaking my promise to a man I respect, it was all your daughter's fault!"

In my case WH is targeting his audience as one excuse is not a one-size fits all. In your case, it seems WW is clinging to the excuse she feels will be most convincing and justify the devestation her affair is causing. Don't believe the crazy talk.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
Rock__ #2650674 07/28/12 12:19 AM
R
Rock__ Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi all. Just poppin' in to say hi.

Married 23 yrs
WW-46
Me- 47
DD18
DD11
Dday #1 - Oct. 8 2006
Too many other D-Days to remember
Rock__ #2650684 07/28/12 03:25 AM
B
B
Originally Posted by Rock__
Hi all. Just poppin' in to say hi.
Hi rock.

So what's new?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrainHurts #2659547 08/26/12 09:58 PM
R
Rock__ Offline OP
OP Offline
R

Well, thanks for askin'. Nothing is new. My wife and I are just kind of coexisting together. We hardly do anything together. We don't even sleep together. Nothing is ever brought up about the affairs. I live is a state of sort of limbo. Just existing I guess.
I continue to hope that things get better, but days, months, and years pass and dwe seem to go nowhere. So sad.

Married 23 yrs
WW-46
Me- 47
DD18
DD11
Dday #1 - Oct. 8 2006
Rock__ #2659552 08/26/12 10:53 PM
N
N
Well, thanks for askin'. Nothing is new.

My wife and I are just kind of coexisting together. We hardly do anything together.

We don't even sleep together. Nothing is ever brought up about the affairs.

I live is a state of sort of limbo.

Just existing I guess.

I continue to hope that things get better, but days, months, and years pass and dwe seem to go nowhere. So sad.

Hey Rock

I have seen you pop in and out of here over the past few years in this state of limbo.

You see your M crashed in the ditch. Your WW was driving and you watched her crash. She lost her phone and there is no traffic on the road. It is very deserted.

Your still sitting at the crash site waiting for her to somehow pull the vehicle out. How is she going to do that?

HOPE is not a plan. There are a lot of good posters here who would be willing to help you put a plan together.....

Unless your extremely satisfied with sitting in limbo.

There is a ton of free stuff here to read and use.

One problem I see is that you may have to put your ego aside to help get the vehicle out of the ditch. Yes the crash may have totally been her fault. You may also have to take a hard look at yourself and make changes to help her. Doesn't seem right after all she did to wreck the M.

My suggestion would be to work the MB's plan for a specified amount of time as best as possible with the help of the board or consider the coaching ceneter. If no changes occur with the M after the specified time then I would cut the line and D.

After all if nothing changes....Nothing changes.

Just my .02 cents.

nESRE

M 29 yrs
DS 28 DD 18
Me 53 FWH FBS
MTA signed 5/11/2011
D final 5/16/2011

Free.... and going wherever the big guy wants me to go......
Rock__ #2659627 08/27/12 10:37 AM
A
A
Rock hope you are still reading.... read your latest update and yes it is sad that the situation with your wife has not improved.......... however if you do NOTHING then it never will.

Nothing usually improves in our lives unless we take action to make it so.

One option is for you to try plan A and meet as many of your wifes ENs as you can. Have you ever thought that your wife has interpreted your inaction as not caring?

Rock you can SAY or TELL her you love her and so on but perhaps she sees your inaction as uncaring?? Words not followed up by action mean little, both from your WW and from you. I'm not saying its fair for the BS to have to begin the hard work but usually that�s ends up being the case.

I will NEVER accept that cheating is OK and that once its over to just get on with it ... what she did was wrong and from my own cheating actions in my marriage I know that there is no excuse, NONE, and that the consequences from it do not just go away.

However if you both remain in the same position then what marriage do you have? You don�t have one from what you describe.. you have a house-mate sharing the property!!

This sort of abnormal experience is NOT good for your children..... frankly a divorce would probably be healthier for them than this false silent cold war-like relationship you both now share. Your DD's are what now?... 17 and 10? they are certainly very aware of the coldness or even simple disinterest between the two of you .... and it doesn't matter who started what.

I will not say you will succeed in creating a happy marriage, no one can but MB can say they have the plans with the best chance of success.

Rock if I could work on saving my marriage after I cheated using MB methods with a wonderful hubby who thought it was just 'crap' and a 'load of [censored]' initially.... then so can you ... at least give it a try.

Hope is not a plan - bet you have heard that here!

Hope is inaction, surrender, and futility.

MB plans are action... strength... determination and ..ready for it ... A LOVING ACT!!

If you fail then you fail but know YOU did all YOU could. In the years to come your kids will know that ...... mine did. I can tell you Rock your soul gets a big hug when your kids tell you they are so proud of the both you for not giving up,,.. for doing anything it required to have a happy marriage again.... and both of them said even if it had failed the very fact of seeing us giving a real try meant a lot to them.

But really its your choice to try .... doesn't matter if your WW does not right now ... thats HER choice. why dont you ring Dr H ??? get a plan together with him. weightlifter

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

aussieswife #2659699 08/27/12 06:50 PM
C
C
Ditto Aussies

Take hope in the action, I recognize that place you are in, and you have to get out of that place.

Do it, make the commitment for change, and get the courage later, that's how that works

Rock__ #2659713 08/27/12 08:38 PM
M
M
Well, thanks for askin'. Nothing is new. My wife and I are just kind of coexisting together. We hardly do anything together. We don't even sleep together. Nothing is ever brought up about the affairs. I live is a state of sort of limbo. Just existing I guess.
So, do you want to change that, or are you happy with the way things are?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

R
Rock__ Offline OP
OP Offline
R
For those here who know me know that I have been dealing with this stuff for a long time. My wife and I have been just living under the same roof. For years I have never even know how many affair partners she has had. I finally decided that I want to get this all out in the open. I miscalculated terribly. I had thought that she has has three, but actually she has had nine. I'm not sure how I'm gonna make it through this with my new information.

Married 23 yrs
WW-46
Me- 47
DD18
DD11
Dday #1 - Oct. 8 2006
Rock__ #2669975 09/29/12 07:20 PM
A
A
Rock,

Is nine worse than three? Your wife has not been committed to the marriage, lives independently and lies about it.

A question for you: Why are you still married? What do you get out of this relationship? Have you thought about separation? You have been at this for 6 years. Life is too short to live this way.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
Rock__ #2669976 09/29/12 07:30 PM
B
B
I'm not sure how I'm gonna make it through this with my new information.

I don't know how you've made it through the last six years. frown

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
armymama #2669977 09/29/12 07:31 PM
B
B
Originally Posted by armymama
Rock,

Is nine worse than three? Your wife has not been committed to the marriage, lives independently and lies about it.

A question for you: Why are you still married? What do you get out of this relationship? Have you thought about separation? You have been at this for 6 years. Life is too short to live this way.

AM

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
Rock__ #2669978 09/29/12 07:47 PM
V
V
Rock, why are you putting yourself through this? Do you not believe you deserve better. You're WAY too young to think this is the only chance you'll have at happiness. 9 OMs????

No freakin' way!!!

You DO deserve better. I'm as big an advocate of saving marriages as anyone, but enough is enough.

File for divorce, expose the full truth to your children so they know the reason why, and get on with your life.

You do deserve better.

Just in case I didn't make it clear enough......

YOU DO DESERVE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You only have so much time in life. Why you are wasting yours on this trainwreck when life has so much more to offer you is beyond me.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rock__ #2669979 09/29/12 07:58 PM
B
B
For those here who know me know that I have been dealing with this stuff for a long time. My wife and I have been just living under the same roof. For years I have never even know how many affair partners she has had. I finally decided that I want to get this all out in the open. I miscalculated terribly. I had thought that she has has three, but actually she has had nine. I'm not sure how I'm gonna make it through this with my new information.
I'm so sorry for this bomb.

Were any of her OM married? Will you be exposing all of these?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Rock__ #2669989 09/29/12 08:43 PM
M
M
Rock, you've worked very hard. Time to end it, friend. frown

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

R
Rock__ Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Actually I didn't work very hard at all. That's the problem I guess. I just sat around and hoped that it would get better. It didn't.

Married 23 yrs
WW-46
Me- 47
DD18
DD11
Dday #1 - Oct. 8 2006
indiegirl #2670052 09/30/12 07:06 AM
C
C
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Read the craziest things to come out of a waywards piehole thread.

Ill find and bump for you

They are all reading from the same crazy script.

"It not OW fault WE grew apart"

"I love you but Im not in love with you"

Amen sista

It's part of the escape mechanizisms of the human condition, fear of facing our fears, of ourselves and our frailtys, of our total weakness and dependency on the grace of kindness and goodness of from whatever force that may be watching over us. We want to control it

But we don't have control of it.

We have to trust it, trust in what we know is right within ourselves, what we know is is correct behavior, and accountability.

The wayward is truly lost, and shooting themselves in the foot. With thier own gun of free will decisions, which is loaded with the bullets of what has been come from thier own fear of thier worse nightmares

Yeah read that thread, it's very enlihtening

"People get divorced all the time"

Its a sickness, but a strangely identical one from person to person

Rock__ #2670058 09/30/12 07:44 AM
C
C

I don't know your story but it sounds strangely like my own in many ways

I just want to address the last statement about making it through

When my wife was dieing from cancer, a Freind who knew my situation and my years of struggle trying to help her heal from her addiction issues, her fears developed from childhood... You name it...when he addressed my issues of guilt I felt because of how I failed to "save" her, from basically herself. He said.."you loved her CP, you did the best you could, it's out of your hands and in the hands of God"

Whether you are a beliver or not in a greater good that is watching over us, let me assure you that that good lives in all of us

Peace and understanding will come in time and you will make it through

Trust in the "living God" the one that lives inside of you

This site is full of people who care, who are nursing past bitter pain and betrayal, and coming around to living again after making many mistakes of judgement.

You will pull out of this eventually, no matter how deep the pain

Rock__ #2670063 09/30/12 08:32 AM
B
B
Actually I didn't work very hard at all. That's the problem I guess. I just sat around and hoped that it would get better. It didn't.

So are you going to do anything? MB or D? If not, then I don't know why you bother snooping or putting pieces together anymore. If your WW has nine or ninety more affairs it doesn't matter when you have accepted this as a lifestyle.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation