Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
ComingAbout #2333662 03/07/10 09:14 AM
L
L
Nesre thanks for the bump

part of this post has also been posted in another discussion.

I am torn here. I have done a lot of spying over the years. In fact have been obsessed at times. Even lost a job due to performance because I spent all my time spying. I had been spy free for 2 years....look where it got me...right back where I was before. I have to say I really felt good NOT spying. I also thought things were GREAT! Is this really a way to live in a relationship? What kind of relationship do I really have with him if I can not trust him?

Not to mention, I have done it before & exposed him before, he is very slick these days. I have tried the trick to reset the PW on phone & LinkedIn sight but it sends him an email to an address that I do not even know. He is sure to check things and very secretive. When I come into his office sometimes I notice him close windows, or slide his e mail up so I can not see whets there. But it is his work PC & blackberry I have NO WAY to access it anymore.

He is very good at his job. Part of his job entails manipulation and lying. SO I think...it transfers to home life too. He is a charmer, no doubt. Always knows what to say and when to say it. Can think very fast on his feet. Even when I had "proof" he still had ways of making it all sound like it was me not him.

I am thankful for all of your advice. I know eventually I will be able to sort it all out. I guess right now I need to think of ways to discover WITH OUT DETECTION. That is my first obstacle!

It would not surprise me if he had some of these tricks up his sleeve to see if I am spying, again! SO I need to proceed with caution. I know he checks the history on the home PC to see if I am "up to my old habits again". He has been very clear all weekend that I do not dig into the OW's life. Of course I have...carefully not to have crossed any lines. But he may be able to tell when he gets home. He has told me in the past if I return to spying, he would dirvoce me. THat he can not trust me not to spy. Double edged sword....

last1chance #2333707 03/07/10 11:13 AM
M
M
last1chance, The problem is not spying, it is that you CHOOSE to stay in a marriage with an untrustworthy person who has secrets. If I told my H I was spying, he would be GLAD because he has nothing to hide. People who have nothing to hide, don�t hide.

But he may be able to tell when he gets home. He has told me in the past if I return to spying, he would dirvoce me. THat he can not trust me not to spy. Double edged sword....

If a person will only stay married to you if he can hide things from you, then you don't have a marriage anyway.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2334183 03/08/10 01:43 PM
D
D
If my wife told me she'd divorce me if she ever caught me spying on her again, I'd take her up on that offer. Dr. Harley suggests three prerequisites for recovery:

1. That the wayward spouse never see or talk to the other person ever again for the rest of their lives.
2. That the wayward give permanent and complete transparency to his or her spouse, including all passwords, methods of communication, and open discussion of what he or she is doing at any given time.
3. That the wayward commit to a program of recovery, preferably one of Dr. Harley's courses (but any you decide on will do).

Establish those as YOUR baseline to be willing to recover and your minimum acceptable standards for life going forward. Be willing to live without him if he is not willing to live with those three very, very basic conditions of marriage. Chances are good he won't agree right away... if that's the case, it's a good bet you need a Plan B to preserve your love for him to prevent his abuses with another affair.

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
ComingAbout #2339314 03/18/10 02:02 PM
P
P
BUMP for "mail" a new BW.

Owl #2341328 03/23/10 11:46 AM
P
P
Bumpers

Pepperband #2345008 03/29/10 10:43 PM
S
S
Another resource to possibly find contact info for OP(S)... One of my friends posted about this site on their FB status: www.spokeo.com.

I searched my name in and all my info was on there! Name, address, and phone number, etc, even a picture of my street and an opportunity to pay $ and get even more info! I filled out the privacy form to have them take me off their site.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
SusieQ #2345011 03/29/10 10:46 PM
H
H

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
nesre #2346505 04/01/10 12:32 AM
B
B
This is great infos. Thanks for sharing. My biggest problem is I don't know how to install keylogger to my WH's laptop since he always takes it for work and pretty much everywhere he goes and I'm currently separated from him. He had changed his email passwords too. I used to have access to them.

ComingAbout #2352595 04/11/10 07:19 PM
L
L
BUMP for Just a guy

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
nesre #2385005 06/04/10 06:53 AM
F
F
Any suggestions on how I can find out the OWs name (ideally without the expense of hiring a PI)? I do have her cell phone number. I've been trying to get into my husband's email account to learn info that way. He's overseas for work right now. I just learned about racy text messages with sexual overtones right before he left. So, I told him that I need a little time to think, process & pray. I'm thinking about just asking him for his email password. But, I know he'll be reluctant to give it to me (if he does it at all). His response has always been that I have to trust him. I'm wondering if it's worth asking. And, I don't want to initiate a love buster or tip him off that I'm looking around....

I've been thinking about downloading a remote keylogger to access his keystrokes right now (even while he's away). But, I'm concerned about the legality of that because his computer is not his/ours; it's issued by his company.

Any thoughts? Other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

BW me- 35
WH -35 (travels a lot for work)
3 daughters (one= deceased, others ages 5 & 2)
I discovered A on April, 16 2010
Plan A
D
D
Originally Posted by FaithfulandTrue
Any suggestions on how I can find out the OWs name (ideally without the expense of hiring a PI)?

With your husband overseas, it's going to be difficult to get any good intel. I'm not certain how I'd approach it.

His response has always been that I have to trust him. I'm wondering if it's worth asking. And, I don't want to initiate a love buster or tip him off that I'm looking around....

A description I often use is "Trust simply exists like air. The longer I observe that someone's actions and words are consistent with one another, the more I trust them. The more inconsistent they are, the less I trust them. I can no more decide to trust someone from now on than I can decide to stop breathing from now on."

Mistrust arises because someone's words and actions are inconsistent. We need proof -- evidence -- of consistency in order to increase the balance of trust. Every time someone's words and actions are inconsistent with one another, they make a Love Bank withdrawal.

I've been thinking about downloading a remote keylogger to access his keystrokes right now (even while he's away). But, I'm concerned about the legality of that because his computer is not his/ours; it's issued by his company.

Do it. If you have any sort of access, install it. You signed no employment contract with the company; your husband did. The company is not going to sue you for spying on your husband's computer; the worst they will do is fire him for your actions.

And really, particularly if the Other Woman is someone he works with (likely!), would that be such a bad thing? He can always get another job. Getting another wife is a more difficult proposition.

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
B
B
Try All In One Keylogger from Relytec.com site.
It is the Best Keylogger Software.
It is totally invisible.
Has all the feature and so easy to use that anyone can use it.
I use it mainly to keep my kids safe online but i am sure it is good for your needs as well.
It comes with free 7 days trial with no nags screens ...
http://www.relytec.com

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,190 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation