Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
S
OP Offline
S
Exposure emails and IM's via Facbook went out today, I'll keep you posted.

Dear Friends and Family of the XXX�s,

By now you might know I have been served divorce papers by my wife of 22 years, AAAAA over the holidays. It is important to me, that you know and understand the reasons. The reason is to carry on her affair with BBBBB, a coworker. This affair has been going on for several months. I have direct evidence of recent 3 hour rendezvous on the evening of October 16th at the CCCCC Motel, which is where BBBBBB stays while he works at DDDDDD Nursing Home. This all took place while I was working in another part of the country trying to provide for my family's needs. The affair continues to this day.

If you have any influence with AAAA, I would ask you to contact her at EEEEEE or FFFFFFF@comcast.net and ask her to work with me to re-commit to our marriage. Tell her that you do not approve of her relationship with CCCCCCC

I wish I did not have to provide this sad information, but having DAAAAA spin her dishonest tale of what has happened is intolerable.

I appreciate your support over this very difficult time.

Regards,

Me: BS - 55
Her: ex W - 50
Together 25 years Married 1990
DD 10/16/2012
DS 24&20
DD - 17
Currently in Plan B
Divorce Papers Filed 11/29/2012
Final Divorce hearing June 2013

N
N
Are you working on the workplace exposure letter?

S
OP Offline
S
Yes - working on it - I will send out registered receipt requested mail tomorrow.

DD 10/16/2012
DS 24&20
DD - 17
Currently in Plan B

W
W
Great job!!! Keep up the good work. I'd definitely have a VAR on my person at all times if I were you. She is going to be livid and may very well try to accuse you of domestic violence to get you out of the house!

Your therapist is a total idiot. Don't go back there. Read here, get the books and keep posting. If there is a a chance to save this marriage, plan on getting help through the coaching center here.

Be prepared for her anger. Be the cool James Bond. Simply say you are standing up for your marriage and ask if she wants a cookie. Don't engage in the fights she'll try to start.

Last edited by Wonderingif; 12/30/12 03:51 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
OK - Hopefully she does not try the PFA scam !

DD 10/16/2012
DS 24&20
DD - 17
Currently in Plan B

S
OP Offline
S
Also, I mentioned that we have been cordial over the holidays ( she even slipped up and called me "sweetie" a couple of times. She is thinking that we can have a custody agreement where I can see my daughter every other weekend, which If I agreed to would facilitate a quick divirce. I informed her, that It should be quite the reverse, she could have her every other weekend, since I am concerned that she is associating herself with people of questionable moral values. Did I push this point too far ? We have a custody orientation hearing on Wednesday.

DD 10/16/2012
DS 24&20
DD - 17
Currently in Plan B

F
F
You are doing great.

Now be cool, calm and collected. Whatever you do, DON'T get angry, call her names, throw things, slam doors (at least none of this whilst in her presence, or in front of your kids).

Be good to yourself.

Do not move out of your home, whatever spews out of her mouth.

We're here rooting for ya. Come back here for support.

me: FWW/BW
Married 20 years, 4 kids
We made it.
W
W
If you want to save your marriage, don't discuss divorce with her. If she brings it up, or brings up issues like custody, tell her shed have to talk to your lawyer. You don't discuss divorce, you will discuss how to have a loving, romantic, monogamous marriage.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks guys - I wish I can come here 2 months ago before things got as screwed up as they are. My thinking is she went and filed for divorce anyway, took a hard line and told me I would have nothing - so what do I have to lose ?

DD 10/16/2012
DS 24&20
DD - 17
Currently in Plan B

F
F
You have everything to gain by getting the truth out there.

Even if your marriage doesn't recover, you can hold your head up and know that you fought for what is right and best. Your children will know this too.

You can personally recover, whatever happens to your marriage.

Covering up her crimes doesn't benefit anyone. You are doing great.

Married 20 years, 4 kids
We made it.
N
N
I will send out registered receipt requested mail tomorrow.

...and follow up with a "So when can I expect your decision about action?" phone call a few days later.

And dude, if you think she's hot NOW, wait until the felines at her job get this info! MEE-frickin'-YOOOW!

[Linked Image from felineforever.com]

F
F
rotflmao in response to NG's feline photo (not laughing at your situation, SouthP )

Married 20 years, 4 kids
We made it.
S
OP Offline
S
Yeh - the SPCA would have touble putting that in the brochure !

DD 10/16/2012
DS 24&20
DD - 17
Currently in Plan B

C
C
Cruelty to Cats!!

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
N
N
I informed her, that It should be quite the reverse, she could have her every other weekend, since I am concerned that she is associating herself with people of questionable moral values.

Absolutely NOT the wrong thing to say!

She should not assume, if she continues with the divorce, that YOU will not have physical custody with her having visitation. Many of our dads here are the custodial parent with some xW's having no visitation!

But try to stay away from divorce talk right now. Let her know your lawyer talks divorce----You talk marriage!

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
S
OP Offline
S
Update - Exposure emails sent out
Facebook messages sent - I am temporarily blocked, so need to wait before sending out more.

Workplace letters sent out, one to CEO and one to Supervisor

Got todays Divorce Orientation hearing out of the way, I stated that as far as I was concerned, I want to work on the marriage, and If divorce is inevitable, I want primary residential custody of my daughter.

WW was very quiet after the first round of exposure emails.
I did not hear back from any of the recipients.

DD 10/16/2012
DS 24&20
DD - 17
Currently in Plan B

N
N

Ahh, yes, but putting her employment status in play threatens her with 1)loss of income, and 2)loss of access to temporary boy-toy.

Expect a howling she-devil. Do not get angry. Keep your audio-recorder "on". Conduct all discussions with her in front of witnesses. You want no involvement by the lobotomized cretins wearing badges, my friend. One "tear" from her, and you'll be the Boston Strangler in their eyes.

E
E
Originally Posted by Southpaw
Update - Exposure emails sent out
Facebook messages sent - I am temporarily blocked, so need to wait before sending out more.

Workplace letters sent out, one to CEO and one to Supervisor

Got todays Divorce Orientation hearing out of the way, I stated that as far as I was concerned, I want to work on the marriage, and If divorce is inevitable, I want primary residential custody of my daughter.

I did not hear back from any of the recipients.

Well done

M
M
Good job!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
I have a real problem with the workplace exposure - My income, being a self employed consultant is feast or famine - right now its starvation. Her six figure income might disappear, but she could be working again within a few weeks.
Her current workplace leaves a bad taste in my mouth - as it enabled the affair, I wonder who knew ?

I guess that's whay we have an emergency fund, which will get seriously dented.

DD 10/16/2012
DS 24&20
DD - 17
Currently in Plan B

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 1,091 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation