Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 87 of 89 1 2 85 86 87 88 89
H
H
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by TheRoad
No sense of humor.

I assumed you were joking. smile But then again, you and I don't have any history of animosity, do we smile ?

Suggestion:

The next time you are joking, put a smily face smile for insurance. Sometimes humor is mistaken for sarcasm on message boards.

Example:

"Shaddup Pep!" .... Is always a joke to me .... unless proven otherwise.

There are always little tools to try to add context to text...

In Japan, the number of emoticons (smileys), or emoji, are critical to the success of a cell phone because the Japanese language is nearly devoid of context when written. Emoji play a HUGE part in granting text messages the proper context.

I've always liked the forum standard of /sarcasm

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
K
K
I'm learning Japanese and can wholly attest to that.

Good lord it's difficult to learn.

In some ways. In others it's easy...

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
C
C
I took some Japanese when I worked at a Japanese producer of Scientific Instruments..

I forgot what I learned except the huge difference in the culture.

"Saving Face", and all that..yeah its a tough language and culture..both

ConstantProcess #2700221 01/19/13 06:11 PM
H
H
At age 4 success is not peeing in your pants.
At age 12 success is having friends.
At age 16 success is having a drivers license.
At age 20 success is having sex.
At age 35 success is having money.
At age 50 success is having money.
At age 60 success is having sex.
At age 70 success is having a drivers license.
At age 75 success is having friends.
At age 80 success is not peeing in your pants.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
HoldHerHand #2700251 01/19/13 08:28 PM
A
A
I have had three colonoscopies. All were as Pep described.

In 2009, as he was waking up from his colonoscopy, H invited me into the hospital bed for some hanky-panky. I declined as there were many hospital staffers floating around.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
armymama #2700259 01/19/13 09:20 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by armymama
I have had three colonoscopies. All were as Pep described.

In 2009, as he was waking up from his colonoscopy, H invited me into the hospital bed for some hanky-panky. I declined as there were many hospital staffers floating around.

AM

[Linked Image from i222.photobucket.com]

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

I have know problems with Melodylane Sr, Melodylane Original, Melodylane Jr. laugh

HoldHerHand #2700916 01/22/13 01:46 PM
E
E
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
At age 4 success is not peeing in your pants.
At age 12 success is having friends.
At age 16 success is having a drivers license.
At age 20 success is having sex.
At age 35 success is having money.
At age 50 success is having money.
At age 60 success is having sex.
At age 70 success is having a drivers license.
At age 75 success is having friends.
At age 80 success is not peeing in your pants.

rotflmao

M
M
I don't need to expose ... I will humilate them ... the wayward is remorseful ... that from the mouth of someone's whose first marriage encountered serial cheating and now whose second marriage has fallen into the same pattern.

But it is different with me ... then go and do it your way. It's only your emotional health we are talking about. Geesh!!!!

Last edited by WalkinForward; 01/22/13 06:14 PM.
S
S
"Stop stalking me on the Internet!!! ", or "stop looking at my pictures, posts, etc.! We're not even 'friends!'"

Ummm...stop putting things on the Internet as a whole that you don't want 1 billion people to see?

Good Lord. My niece asked me how to get her great uncle to stop "liking" her pictures. She thinks he is creepy (he's just old). 1000 ways to fix that problem.

F
F
Hey, what if the BS know that that may have transmitted an STD to the OP? Like a cancerous HPV? Should the poor OP be informed? Hahaha

Me: BW, 41
WH: 46
Married 7 years, together 12
DD: 5
OW: 39
D-Day: 11 April
Plan B since 10/3/12
Divorced 11/12
L
L
In 2006 I discovered that my WXH had infected me with HPV16 (the most aggressive strain). I had just discovered the affair so I hoped OW would get what she deserved.

Of course now I don't give a damn. Not my life, not my morals, not my problem.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
J
J
Yes.
At a minimum the other persons name and contact info should be provided to public health authorities.

On a separate matter my ex wife took her dog with her. And I'm glad she did. She had left months before the divorce and the dog had a terrible flea problem I tried to treat unsuccessfully. I smiled to myself when she took the dog because I knew that OM had lots of dogs and that she was living with him.

L
L
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Yes.
At a minimum the other persons name and contact info should be provided to public health authorities.

I would have run out of paper :-)

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
N
N
At 7:50pm, 29 January, the following was posted on the site:
[Linked Image from i48.tinypic.com]
which is ridiculous, because I was on and unhidden.

What goes on?

M
M
Weird, it has been that way all day long! But if you click on the link, you will see all the actual names that are reading. I clicked on it around 2:00 today and there were actually about 50-60 registered and 200 anonymous reading.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
People who choose to be weak and complacent, thereby enabling affairs. Nothing spikes my blood pressure more than that.

Exposure 101

C
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
People who choose to be weak and complacent, thereby enabling affairs. Nothing spikes my blood pressure more than that.

Yeah well you can get mad and threaten people Mel, and even smack a few if it will do them some good.

But some of us have to watch out cuz certain people just might wake up dead, and we don't want to be blamed for it.

I still have kids to raise, and to help support until I am certain I am done..

Of course I would gladly trade the last couple days of my life for their lives, if that's is how it works out. I just don't want to be a burden on the working man or the tax base.

We will see how it works out..The last one was the crack king and although he is worthless, I have plenty of reason/excuse to take him out. With smiles...I could deal with the baddazzs in the jail if I had to.

Don't want to be negative

M
M
We wouldn't want someone to "wake up dead!" rotflmao

Exposure 101

C
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
We wouldn't want someone to "wake up dead!" rotflmao

Yeah well some are as good as dead anyways, they just don't have the manners to lay down and be done with it..

Its OK, God will deal with them, and if need be, I will..For their sake, I hope God does first...Just sayin...

Page 87 of 89 1 2 85 86 87 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,097 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation