Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Me and my husband have been married for three years... He used to be confident and ambitious,and great in bed! As soon as I realized he was addicted to pain pills, I did not run, I wanted to help. I talked to his parents and to him. He started taking suboxone & continued for 2 years.
He has been (since he hasn't taken pills) very irritable and moody, and when we "hook up" he is super quick doh2 . He did not get me anything for our anniversary or my birthday. (he could have took me on a picknic, I'm not hard to please) I just needed the acknowledgement from him, you know? He never tells me "you look great" or anything to that nature... Only "are you going to wear that to work?" Meaning my pants that fit me just right. (He was saying it, as if he was worried I was seeing another man!) I know he doesn't sound that great,that old memory of him makes a few glimmers from time to time. I just discovered a "Spy App" he downloaded on my phone, not to mention 1/2 his pay check was unaccounted for. He asked me to keep the other half to pay his bills. He had $100 left. He told me I could order a Wii console, that I wanted. Two days later he texts me, "if you still have that $100 can I have it back? And you get the Wii, next pay check?" He ripped my heart out. I told him to leave me alone... I am afraid he maybe taking pills again. He keeps accusing me of being with another man, but I BELIEVE in marriage. If I didn't I would be here. He keeps saying I'm just selfish. I would rather give than receive, any day! It's just nice that he offered the bday present to me... I'm tired of being called names, I'm tired of living with his mama, I'm tired of being ignored. I just want the old him, but it was only an illusion...

B
OP Offline
B
*edit*

Last edited by MBSeasons; 05/06/13 06:23 PM. Reason: Removing personally identifying information
B
B
Originally Posted by broken87
Me and my husband have been married for three years... He used to be confident and ambitious,and great in bed! As soon as I realized he was addicted to pain pills, I did not run, I wanted to help. I talked to his parents and to him. He started taking suboxone & continued for 2 years.
He has been (since he hasn't taken pills) very irritable and moody, and when we "hook up" he is super quick doh2 . He did not get me anything for our anniversary or my birthday. (he could have took me on a picknic, I'm not hard to please) I just needed the acknowledgement from him, you know? He never tells me "you look great" or anything to that nature... Only "are you going to wear that to work?" Meaning my pants that fit me just right. (He was saying it, as if he was worried I was seeing another man!) I know he doesn't sound that great,that old memory of him makes a few glimmers from time to time. I just discovered a "Spy App" he downloaded on my phone, not to mention 1/2 his pay check was unaccounted for. He asked me to keep the other half to pay his bills. He had $100 left. He told me I could order a Wii console, that I wanted. Two days later he texts me, "if you still have that $100 can I have it back? And you get the Wii, next pay check?" He ripped my heart out. I told him to leave me alone... I am afraid he maybe taking pills again. He keeps accusing me of being with another man, but I BELIEVE in marriage. If I didn't I would be here. He keeps saying I'm just selfish. I would rather give than receive, any day! It's just nice that he offered the bday present to me... I'm tired of being called names, I'm tired of living with his mama, I'm tired of being ignored. I just want the old him, but it was only an illusion...
Welcome to MB.

Is your H in a program for his addiction? Does he have a sponsor?

Do you have any children? What are your ages?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

P
P
I am afraid he maybe taking pills again.
Why?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

P
P
If your husband is not currently addicted to pills, this program can help the two of you build a fulfilling, romantic marriage.

I think you need to verify if he is taking pills again, first, before you decide what to do.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

B
B
Please listen to this radio clip.

Radio Clip on MB and Addictions

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
OP Offline
B
Well, over $200 is missing & he refuses to take a drug test!

B
B
Originally Posted by broken87
Well, over $200 is missing & he refuses to take a drug test!
So it sounds like he's using again.

Can you get him out of the house? Or can you leave?

Did you listen to the radio clip?

Dr. Harley recommends separation where addictions are involved.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

H
H
Have opioid pain medications been his only addiction?

His Premature Ejaculation (PE) is actually a common paradoxical effect of suboxone.

Why... has he been on suboxone for 2 years? Does he actually have any chronic pain issues? I'm having a hard time imagining why he would need to be on them for 2 years instead of 6 months-1 year if he were following any type of chemical dependency recovery program.

More likely he has been catching fixes on and off over the past two years.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,365 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation