Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Originally Posted by GeniaG
I have read about the Love Bank. In fact I understand how the affairs in my M happened because of that information.

If you had read about the Love Bank and SAA you would realize that the only reason your H had A's is because of horrible boundaries around other women.

There are always reasons NEVER an excuse. Period.

Heck, he obviously still has horrible boundaries. He is having an A with you and you are allowing him to fulfill your EN's and he is allowing you to fulfill his EN's.

M
M
Originally Posted by GeniaG
I sincerely thank each of you for your responses.

I obvisiously have to think through my life and just what I want, who I am and how I want to be.

Please go hug your son, and do what I suggested.

As far as your ex-husband, of course he can change, but you can't do it for him. Prerequisite step one is for him to end his current marriage. Until that happens, don't see or talk to him, and date several other people so you can get a good idea of what it takes to have a good relationship.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by catwhit
Is it possible that you are not seeing the reality of the situation?

Quite possibly in the Fog.

R
R
GeniaG,

Do not hang out with your ex.

He is a married man.

You are hoping for something that is not going to happen from this mess.

He is still TOO messed up to bother with.

Even though you have lots of love left towards him. It is a boat load of more sorrow if you try to reconcile with a current cheater like him who thinks there are justifications for a secret second life. Romantic as it seems, it isn't at all. It is dreadful (full of dread).

D
D
So the general idea is your XWH is a playa for life and he will not change and you should move on and sever all contact with him!

N
N
GeniaG,

I agree that it is possible for your WXH to change but you need to see the writing on the wall, it is CLEAR that right now he has NOT changed. He is starting an A with you, how can you see that as him changing, he's still cheating, this time is with you rather than cheating on you.

If you do get back together what kind of relationship do you expect to have with someone who has proven yet again that he can't commit to a marriage and has tendencies to bail when things get a bit tough? Are you prepared to live in fear of another A and living with someone who has proven repeatedly that they can't be trusted? I really don't understand your logic when you claim that you can trust him now. There is no proof that he is trustworthy.

The best thing for you is to let his wife know what has been happening and cut all contact, that way you will gain your children's admiration and have a good chance of finding someone who you can share a real good marriage.

I understand that this will be difficult and painful for you but urge you to find the strength to end this for good because I can guarantee there will be nothing but misery and pain in store for you if you peruse any further relationship with this man.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Married: 2000
DD1November 22 2008 - DD2 October 2014
PA Duration September 08 - November 08
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

Was misled into thinking we were in recovery for 6 years.

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

P
P
R and I were married for 14 years. He's my soulmate.

He has not been your husband for 15 years. You are not 'soulmate schmoopies'.

He says I'm his as well.

That's because he is trying to use you as an escape relationship.

The first 12 were wonderful. Then an affair with a women 15 or so years his junior. That didn't last long. He moved out. I fought, cussed, screamed for my marriage. He came home. We did well for about a year. His job changed and he went over the road trucking. Yikes! Another affair, he said he loved her. I virtually said there's the door. I didn't have any fight left in me. I was tired raising the kids and now another affair. I have regretted many times that I didn't fight.

I understand you have regrets. That is no reason to turn a blind eye today.

Here we are today, 15 years later. His marriage to the 2nd woman has not been a good marriage.

The state of their marriage is none of your business.

Never really has been.

None of your business.

He's a passive person and will put up with lots of stuff before he even says anything not to mention doing anything about it.

He has no relationship skills. He won't have any with you.

In the beginning after he left, we remained friends even while he was married to S. That is until she found out, then we had to quite communicating.

Their marriage is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Why the hell are you sticking your nose into their marriage?

I have missed my best friend terribly over the years.

You're lonely, I get it.

Of course, I used words to attempt to sound like I was happier without him.

In other words, you have a history of pretending things are true when they are clearly false.

I dated for awhile in the beginning. No one makes me as happy as he does.

That does not give you license to stick your nose into another person's marriage.

Over the years the children would keep us both updated on the other's life. I often told my daughter to pass on my number should he ever ask for it.

Shame on you for encouraging your daughter to assist you in sticking your nose in another person's marriage.

And about 6-8 months ago my daughter mention that Dad wants to talk, she told him that my life was good and she didn't want him messing that up. She didn't give my number at that time, as she wanted to make sure I wanted it.

Your daughter has more sense than you do.

After about 4 months of thinking and wanting to contact him, we finally connected via FaceBook. We spoke many times via the internet and finally the telephone.

Was his wife aware he was doing this? If he was sneaking around behind her back, shame on you!

I went into the conversations wanting my friend back and dreaming it could be more.

You are really skilled at pretending things, while avoiding reality.

We talk each day, many hours.

Behind his wife's back. Shame on both of you.

He came and visited for an extended weekend.

Behind his wife's back? Shame on you.

Things seem so right between us.

You are both hiding & lying, of course this feels "right" to a woman who lives in her fantasy-land.

I feel I can believe him and trust him in everything besides the infidelity.

Fantasy-land sparkles and bubbles everywhere in your world. MrRollieEyes

I hope that trust comes in time.

Trust? He's lying to his wife and cheating .... again.

It seems that 12 years is his itch.

What an asinine comment. Are you suggesting his infidelity follows a timeline of every 12 years???? doh2

I am sure the next 12 year mark will be hard to get through.

Oh ..... brother! faint

He is not divorced.

Also know as, he is a married man cheating on his wife.

He is with a vendictive woman and is trying to get his items out of the house before she breaks everything he owns.

His wife, his marriage, their problems are NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

He hopes to have the divorce finished and be able to move back home by October this year.

Life is all bubbles/sparkles and rainbow unicorns in your make-believe world.

I would love for him to be here by then.

Really? Hoping for another person's marriage to end so you can fulfill your rainbow ending? You think so?

Here's my problem.

rotflmao

Our daughter is cautious as expected. Our son is down right upset with me for not seeing the light.

Thank God for smart children!

The light being that I will just get hurt again.

You are volunteering to be an adulteress and re-hook up to a known cheat. What could go wrong? TEEF

He won't come to any event that he knows his Dad will be at, he doesn't want to see his Dad.

clap Smart kid.

He tells me he knows in time he will open up to the idea but it will be in his time not his Dads.

I hope your son takes his sweet time.

His Dad wasn't around for him when he needed him and my son is full of revenge.

Your son is NOT "full of revenge". Your son was betrayed and abandoned and he has every reason to not trust a man who is (as we write this) still CHEATING & STILL LYING in order to get what he wants (at the time).

My son is 27. His Dad left when he was 12.

What a piece of garbage your ex-husband is. "My soulmate" ... mad my butt.

R and I did sleep in the same bed.

Of course you did. You have no moral objection to being "the other woman" yourself.

There is no intimacy between us at this time.

This is a flat out lie. uhuh Intimacy is more than intercourse. You like to paint a pretty picture.

I am not sure when I will allow that back. I want it. I am scared.

You should be morally outraged. Why aren't you? Oh yeah, you are not "the other woman".

I really want R in my life. I'd like to be his wife again. I'd like our adult kids and us to enjoy what future we have together.

Just like a fairy tail flirt ending to your current position as "the other woman". Whipped cream and a cherry on the top of your adultery? Yes, please.

R has apoligized for eveything I could every think of and some I never even felt an apology was needed. He has matured a lot over the years.

He's still a lying cheat who abandoned his children. Nice guy tho. sigh

I feel I can trust him and then there is that ping of non-trust.

You should not trust yourself. You are thinking like a 12 year old girl with a teen-age crush. puke

I had a listing of things he'd have to do -to get back into my life. R has not seen this listing. He is doing things on my list by himself.

He is a dishonest cheating liar. How is he going to fix that by carrying on his adulterous romance with you?

I am very happy these days except when I have a conversation about this with my son. Today he told me, he would not show up where he knew his Dad would be. He doesn't want to see him as of yet.

Are you going to abandon your son if he does not pretend that this adulterous relationship is a good thing?

I guess I'd like some input on 1) my son and how to deal with him

Apologize to him for your stupid adulterous relationship.

and 2) can this remarriage work or am I dreaming?

You are so far in la-la-land you are practically invisible as a morally intact grown woman.

Thank you for reading and any input.

My pleasure. You're welcome.

D
D
Pep your astute skills of translating fog talk are remarkable! I hope to one day have your skills!

P
P
Originally Posted by TranquilDark
Pep your astute skills of translating fog talk are remarkable! I hope to one day have your skills!

I was withholding for awhile, in hopes she'd show some common sense. The "He can never change?" sent me over the edge. banghead

B
B
Genia. The reason you have been pining for your husband all these years is that you have been having an emotional affair with him ever since! You wanted to be friends with him all these years and all you succeeded in doing is becoming as the others have pointed out an outside woman. You've been meeting some of his needs for years.

The advice you've been given just in case you're not clear on it is to CUT ALL CONTACT with your ex husband. No more calls, emails, visits. Change your numbers etc. You will go through a withdrawal period but after that you will have soooooo much peace in your life you will wonder what the heck you were ever thinking.

Me BW: 30
WH: 33
W
W
What the heck is a soul mate anyway? Where does that notion come from?

Me - BH 49 years old
Her - WW 43 years old
Married 20 years
D Day Jan 7, 2013
3 kids - DS19, DS17, DS12
B
B
Originally Posted by Wow777
Soul Mate Shmoopies

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

P
P
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Originally Posted by Wow777
Soul Mate Shmoopies

Classic smile

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 570 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation