Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 56 of 59 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 59
M
M

"Thanks for your thoughts, WW. I know you can take care of yourself but I have to admit it pains me to see you with someone who treats women so badly. Just know I am here for you if you need a hand. All my love, OJ"

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
Do not respond to her.

She is rationalizing to her fullest potential here.

Notice that rather than saying she wants to work on the area of the relationship that needs repair, she blames you for your shortcomings and accepts no responsibility for how own immoral actions. A troubled marriage is a problem that needs to be solved not an excuse to commit adultery. If this is truly her outlook she will encounter many failed relationships and marriages along the way. The fog notwithstanding, your WW isn't suitable for marriage. She is somewhere between a freeloader and a renter.

These kinds of correspondences are going to deplete your LB fast. And, OJ, that is one reason why I said to pace out your communications and focus just on making deposits.

Part of being in Plan A is not engaging in arguments and debates. You can do it till you're blue in the face and all you will do is make withdrawals from her LB and yours. You need to step back and make deposits when you can as ML said. Control the impulse to educate her and argue with her.

O
OP Offline
O
She is so obsessed with the idea that because she didn't sleep with the guy until the DAY she told me she was leaving that it wasn't an affair. I have still not told her that I know she has been emotionally involved with this guy since February. Should I convey that information somehow sometime?

Me: BH, 28
WW, 26
Married September 2005
D-Day: April 7, 2013
A started in February, 2013, and is ongoing
M
M
Originally Posted by OddJob123
She is so obsessed with the idea that because she didn't sleep with the guy until the DAY she told me she was leaving that it wasn't an affair. I have still not told her that I know she has been emotionally involved with this guy since February. Should I convey that information somehow sometime?

Don't even go there! Don't argue with fogbabble. Just respond with my polite post above. It plants some seeds about that LOSER and expresses your care. When things start falling apart, she will remember your kind words.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Ditto

Last edited by Pepperband; 05/20/13 03:16 PM.
O
OP Offline
O
Melody. I sent that reply and she replied:

Treat his wife so badly? Because he cheated? Yeah, that sucks, would you say I treated you badly based on one incident? Would you define our entire relationship with this one event? Is that all you are going off of?

WW, 26
Married September 2005
M
M
Yes...go with Melody's Advice. She just spent all afternoon focused on responding to you and presuming she could score logic points to you. She's obviously more invested in you and your thoughts than you thought.

Time to back off a couple days. Didn't a certified exposure letter happen at OM's workplace today?

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
O
OP Offline
O
Yes Mr.W. They should be there by now.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
M
M
Melody. I sent that reply and she replied:

Treat his wife so badly? Because he cheated? Yeah, that sucks, would you say I treated you badly based on one incident? Would you define our entire relationship with this one event? Is that all you are going off of?

Dang....probably a bad idea to respond. I'm in too far now to be objective.

I'd love to send her that letter somewhere on MB about how OM isn't better and what he does with you he'll do to you but perhaps just saying:

1. "YES"

2. "yes, being betrayed by the one person in the world you have committed your life to is a pain I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy"

3. "What he does with you...he'll do to you [unless you do it to him first since neither of you take commitments very seriously] and you can't be serious minimizing the pain of betrayal by the one person that is supposed to love and care for you the most for life as just one random incident. The woman I fell in love with and married nearly 10 years ago would have never been so cruel and callous. This is another reason we can't remain in contact...adultery has made you a mean hateful person. You don't wear it well. You remain stunning on the outside but I hardly recongnize you anymore. It's just sad.

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
O
OP Offline
O
I used your first reply.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
M
M
not smart. we need to back off while you regain YOUR life and composure.

Go work out or something. Step away from the computer. Trust me...when you go quiet they will be going nuts wondering what you are up to (when all you are doing is focusing on yourself).

YOU MATTER.

YOU WILL MAKE IT.

O
OP Offline
O
After I said yes, this is her reply:

Ok.. Well it's nice to know that you feel that way

WW, 26
Married September 2005
P
P
DO NOT REPLY.
STOP ARGUING WITH HER.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

J
J
Originally Posted by Prisca
DO NOT REPLY.
STOP ARGUING WITH HER.

Indeed. You must rise above the fog so to speak.

O
OP Offline
O
Okay, I am done. So stressful trying to do the right thing!

WW, 26
Married September 2005
M
M
Okay, I am done. So stressful trying to do the right thing!

Exactly...we want THEM stressed out, not you. You hit and run...taking care of yourself in the meantime.

O
OP Offline
O
Well, they would have received the letters by now. No WTF texts from WS yet, so if he gets fired it won't be today.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
O
OP Offline
O
Sigh.. WS sent me a text this morning telling me I was bi-polar (referring to the stick/carrot of plan A). Telling me to make up my mind if I love her or not. That one minute I love her, and the next I want to screw her over by adding adultery to the divorce papers.

Reminds me of that fight club scene where Marla tells Tyler:

"You love me, you hate me. You show me your sensitive side, then you turn into a total a***ole. Is that a pretty accurate description of our relationship, Tyler?"

Last edited by OddJob123; 05/21/13 10:30 AM.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
M
M
Sigh.. WS sent me a text this morning telling me I was bi-polar (referring to the stick/carrot of plan A). Telling me to make up my mind if I love her or not. That one minute I love her, and the next I want to screw her over by adding adultery to the divorce papers.

Don't even bother responding. It is an attempt to guilt you into rolling over. That is wayward "logic" at its best! grin

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
Well she told me to stop sending her "inappropriate" texts like "Hope you're having a good day" type of texts.

I told her I will always be kind to the people I love. That's when she called me bi-polar.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
Page 56 of 59 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,139 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation