Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
lostva Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi, Guys.<P>Sheba - You're gonna love this one!<P>MIL just hung up. H stopped by her house for coffee this morning and told her this story.<P>H got back a little late Tuesday after dinner and conversation w/ me. Sweetie was waiting. <P>"oh, good. I'll fix you some dinner. Thought I'd do Pop Tarts and bacon, is that ok?" <P>"Well, don't go to any trouble, I'm not really hungry."<P>"Oh, did you and b stop for dinner on the way home - I already defrosted the bacon and everything!"<P>"Well, no, when we came out of the woods, Lori had a nice dinner almost ready, so we stayed and ate with them."<P>At this point, she started cussing, ran across the room and proceeded to attack him, fists flying everywhere. Now my H is a good-sized physically fit man, so he just held her arms until she was done.<P>Then she started crying and apologized. Said she couldn't stand it when he came over to see us.<P>Don't know many more details. Can't believe he didn't leave. Scares me some. There's nothing but trouble brewing there and he's gonna be in the middle of it.<P>But - what a way to lovebust!!! H told MIL that she was a stupid little b&*(**!!!!<P>OK, Lucks, there's something else to add to your thinking!!<P>Lori

C
C
Pop Tarts & bacon for dinner? What a chef!<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html</A>

L
L
LOL. Poptarts and bacon. Hasn't she heard of macaroni and hot dogs? Spaghettios WITH meat?<BR>Fishsticks and french fries?<P>Once when the kids were preschoolers & H was not home I served bologna & popcorn, but those were their favorites at the time.<P>"The food is hot, brown, and there's plenty of it."<P>I'm sorry, Lori, it is a scary situation, but she's not so fluffy and cute now, is she? She's obviously not doing the "woman of his dreams" thing. <P>I'm still laughing...poptarts and bacon GACK! And then being a B on top of it.<P><P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Do not get tired of doing what is right, for after awhile you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not get discouraged and give up. (Gal 6:9)<P>

N
N
Pop Tarts and Bacon? No wonder everyone thought she was preggers...<P>I cannot believe he would hang around for that kind of treatment, even with the promise of a good meal like that! HA! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] LOL<P>I love your MIL [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] She sure keeps you in the loop!!<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>Marriage: the most important contract you'll ever enter into, and the most sacred.<P><BR><p>[This message has been edited by new_beginning (edited November 05, 1999).]

S
S
This is great! Wonder how she figured out how to defrost the bacon?

L
lostva Offline OP
OP Offline
L
This girl is dangerous. But even I had to laugh about Pop Tarts and bacon. I felt bad about my spaghetti that night!!<P>MIL asked him (with a bit of profanity at this point) what he was still doing there then. Why didn't he go home? He said he could never go home, no matter how much he wanted to. She spent the next hour trying to reassure him, said he'd think about it.<P>Chris - thanks. That would make almost anyone else a gourmet cook, wouldn't it?<P>Lor - Do you BELIEVE that. Now, on lazy days, I've put together a few "quick" concoctions, but Pop Tarts and Bacon?? Wonder what flavor Pop Tarts?<P>Nope, not so much Sweetness and fluff at all.<P>Lori

L
L
I had to laugh at your story and I thought I was a bad cook!!<P>I also wanted to say that my H's OW has also "attacked" him in the past but he forgave her and said he understood because she was very upset!! He has hurt me, walked all over me, broken my heart over and over and I have never even thrown one thing at him, yet she can "attack" him but he understands because she was upset!! Makes me wonder about these OW and about the husbands!! At least with your story I have one more meal to add to the week's menu that I haven't tried before!!!

R
R
HA,HA,HA........<P>Strawberry or regular pop-tarts????<P>Well, Sounds like just the kind of place I would want to come home to...... NOT!<P>If that doesn't throw a little conflict into H's life I don't know what will. Good, Nice to know that she is helping you put a little bigger wedge in between them.<P><P>------------------<BR>Rutger......One day at a time.<P><BR>

Y
Y
She ran it through the dishwasher...!<P>Lor, had to laugh at the 'popcorn & baloney' dinner... my kids hate real food too - you wouldn't believe what we shovel at 'em sometimes! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

L
lostva Offline OP
OP Offline
L
NB - I guess we know where the extra 25# came from, huh? I wonder why he stays myself. MIL asked me a question, what do you think? H gave me their address last Saturday. Told me to start writing him there. Well, we know what kind of ruckus that's gonna start. And he didn't HAVE to tell her he ate with me, she gave him the perfect out. Maybe he WANTS to send her into tantrums?? Have her throw him out??? Give him a good reason to leave??? Whaddya think?<P>Sidney - LOL!! They don't have a microwave, so maybe just taking it out of the freezer wasn't too hard for her to handle! Man, I'm mean!!<P>Thanks, guys.

S
S
Haha!! HAHA!! HaHa!! hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!<BR>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!<P>lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol!!!!<BR>lolololololololololololololololol!!!<BR>LOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLLOLLOLOLOL!!<P>(can't talk yet...have to catch breath!)<P>lolololololololololollollololol!!!<P>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH STUPID B@&@%!!!!<P>hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!<P>

N
N
Lori,<P>I think you hit the nail on the head!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I think he wants out but is being (sorry in advance of saying this) a bit of a coward and wants her to toss his butt out so he doesn't have to feel bad about it. <P>No matter what, the tide is definately turning in your favor. You keep being the sweet wonderful beautiful person WHO CAN COOK and he'll be back before the holidays, I think.<P>Hugs [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>Marriage: the most important contract you'll ever enter into, and the most sacred.<P><BR>

D
D
Pop-tarts and bacon? And she thinks this is DINNER?<P>Pathetic. Just pathetic. I guess at some point, being able to s*ck a golfball through a garden hose just doesn't cut it anymore.<P>Sheesh. That's the last time I make lamb curry, brown rice and sugar snap peas.<P>

B
B
Lori,<BR>WOW, makes ya wonder if she should even be allowed to use a stove or a toaster!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I must admit that I had poptarts for dinner the other night, but it's just me, and I didn't feel like cooking. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Maybe H gave you their address so you could mail food.... or so you would mail her a copy of "Cooking for DUMMIES" or something [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].... although, I don't think that would help her. Hopefully your H will get out before he gets food poisoning!<P>Sheba, I love it!!! LOL LOL LOL <P>Butterfly<BR> <P>------------------<BR>My favorite quote....<BR>"Hello, this is God. I will be handeling your problems today. I will not need your help, so sit back and have a good day."<BR>

S
SDS Offline
S
I think you need to invite him to dinner more often. Just be sure not to serve pop tarts and bacon!!!!! <BR>Did he say why he couldn't go home no matter what? Your mIL needs to find out why he feel that a way. I go ahead and write to his new address but also send some to his mother's. I bet sweetie won't let him have his mail. Be sure you tell him you sent some letter to his new address, so he can be sure and ask her where they are. Pop Tarts and Bacaon. That's too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<P>------------------<BR>di<P>

L
lostva Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I thought it was pretty funny myself, but you guys have me laughing hysterically!!!<P>loveu - Honey, you can't be THAT bad! Unless you really DO add this to your menu!! Looks like she's forgiven too. He had talked w/ MIL and BIL all week about dinner tonight, but told MIL he wasn't sure he should now, he might not get out alive when he went home. <P>Hey, Rutger - now that would solve my problem.....can I send her to you???? LOL Don't worry - I'd NEVER do that to you. Now I see that the stuff about not cooking probably WAS true.<P>Sheba- Forget it! Laughing too hard!!!!<P>NB - no offense taken. "Coward" is the first word that popped into my head too. Hey, I'll take whatever I can get. We can fix the rest, right??<P>Dazed -I'm sorry, I just have to laugh. Thanks!<P>Butterfly - What about driving and voting???? I eat some strange stuff, too, but oh man! Remember, she asked mil for help in buying ingredients to make M&M cookies!<P>SDS - hey, I'll cook whenever I can. Same thing he told me Tuesday. Once he makes a decision, he never goes back. Only the weak return, yada, yada yada. I'm working on that part. I think I AM gonna start sending at least the cards to their house.

R
R
Lor,<P>I agree with new beginning - maybe he is just egging her on to get HER to throw him out. That way when he is gone, at least he won't have her crying/begging making him feel more guilty thatn he already does.<P>Also agree with SDS - cook and invote him over more. Sounds like he really enjoyed a good meal with his family.<P>I personally can relate to the part about H never looking back. I know mine feels that way - moving forward and making the forward move the "right decision". I think more than anything, this is these guy's pride talking. They just don't know how to come home and face the music and save face at the same time. They just don't get it about us - we don't care about all the past (except for not having it repeated!!!) - we just want to have these guys back in our ives in a meaningful, loving way. Too bad pride prevents some people from doing what they want and what they know is right in the long run.<P>Don't give up hope - your H is just trying to problem-solve himself out of this crazy mess he has gotten himself in!<P>Roll me Away

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poptarts and Bacon, Julia Child sit up and take notice!!<P>Brings to mind that scene in the movie "clueless" where Cher says men like to come home and smell something in the oven, or something like that. Anyway, the scene shows her dump an entire roll of premade refrigerated cookie dough on the cookie sheet, and shove it in the oven without even bothering to slice the cookie dough!<BR>Then the dingbat lets it burn! And the dork of the guy says "aww honey, you baked!"<P>I get the impression that's the way it is with this H and "sweaty" pie!<P>Along those lines, though, when my daughter was a toddler her favorite breakfast was scrambled eggs and strawberries, and her favorite lunch was tater tots and lettuce.<P>Looks like H has his castle on a fluffy cloud, but the cloud is dissipating and the whole house of cards is soon to come crashing down to earth.<P>She probably considers putting pop tarts in the oven "baking".<P>Wonder what gifts of repast she'll come up with for Thanksgiving and Christmas?? Boggles the mind!<P>Treat for Santa -- anchovies and marshmallows!

L
lostva Offline OP
OP Offline
L
RMA - I think you guys are probably right. Make her solve his problem for him. Oh, well.<P>I try to get him over as often as I can. See, I never call him (ok, one emergency situation early on). I don't contact him at all except through cards and a weekly letter. He calls occasionally and comes over. At first he didn't want me to know his number or address. (OK, I snooped and I knew it anyway, just didn't USE it). Now all of a sudden it's, "call me whenever you want and send my letters and cards straight to me" AND "don't let d know that this is my girlfriend". Now isn't that interesting?<P>Oh, and BTW - funny how their greatest strengths are also their greatest weaknesses, isn't it?<P>lori

A
A
Well Lori, through all the poptart/bacon thing, we see good signs don't we? Very encouraging. Also, I love the fact that your in-laws are all so much on your side. I've followed alot of your story and that strikes me as a trememdous plus for you.<P>I'm still wondering why she would even FREEZE bacon in the first place. Does she buy it in bulk or something?<P>--andy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,084 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation