Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2736088 06/14/13 02:30 PM
M
MsFur Offline OP
OP Offline
M
My husband and I have Android phones. I know there are some sneaky apps that can be used to hide texts and calls. I'm not sure if they hide texts and calls on the bill as well. But I do know some of these apps use instant messaging instead, which would not show up on a bill.

I'm trying to figure out how to tell if any of these apps are being used. Since usually they don't just show up on the app screen. How do you know if an app is being hidden behind another app? Is there somewhere I can look that will show all apps, including hidden ones?

N
N
Under settings--> application manager you should be able to see all apps that have been downloaded onto the phone. Also, on the menu for the app screen should be the option to show hidden apps. Just remember to hide them again when you are done.

M
MsFur Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks. I checked it out on my phone because my husband is at work right now. But our phones are fairly similar.

I also figured out that if you can get in to the gmail account linked to the phone you can see all the apps ever downloaded. Getting in to the gmail is fairly easy even if you don't know the log in info. All you need to know is how to get in to the email linked to the gmail. It will tell you all gmail accounts associated with that email (figured out my husband has two, but that was because our daughter did a factory reset on his phone and he made a new one because he didn't remember the email to the first one - but I can check both accounts). Aside from checking chat records on gmail's IM, you can click the "play" section and it's all about the linked phone.

I do have another question though for a friend. Her boyfriend/baby's dad has a ghost app on his phone that he uses to hide texts he makes to a girl she doesn't want him talking to. He told my husband about it. She literally just had a baby a couple weeks ago and almost the entire time since the baby has been born he has been at training because he's in the reserves. He is supposed to be back next week. I hesitate to tell her about it because I know things have been stressful enough for her and part of me hopes the guy stops on his own after being around the baby (although the logical part of me knows better than this). Also I don't want the guy being mad at my husband for telling me since he said not to say anything (high school bs, I know). I'd like if she could find out for herself so I have been talking about things on Facebook like the hidden apps and how to find them.

So I was wondering if you know how to find these things on Iphones?

P.S. I have told them about Marriage Builders. She's on board, but obviously he's not. I don't even really like the guy being around my husband because I feel like the guy isn't a good quality friend. But my husband already complains not having friends and me not liking the friends he does have (because most or all of them are extremely immature, usually single or acting single regardless).

I think I want to tell my friend about the app. But I want to wait until he gets back so she can find it on his phone before confronting him about it - otherwise he might delete it before coming home and just tell her she's crazy and make her doubt herself.

K
K
Gtalk (now hangouts) is an instant messaging program that I use. It does save all of your conversation to your gmail account (if you have one)

IM programs do not show up on your phone bill

Me: 34 BH
Her: 31 FWW
DD (6)
DS (3)
D-day 2/2/13

I
I
She needs to know. Doing the right thing will be worth the fallout.

Ideal would be for your H to go with you to tell her. Then give him admiration for doing right.

Me 58: FWH (NC 32 yr), W 60, married 36 yr, DD 32
S
S
Bump

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
K
K
Late coming in but hidden text apps will not usually show up even under the app manager. They usually will show under the widgets and will be labeled as something else so that unless you know what you're looking for, you would never know. As an example, there is one hidden text app that lists itself as a timer and alarm clock.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

K
K
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
Late coming in but hidden text apps will not usually show up even under the app manager. They usually will show under the widgets and will be labeled as something else so that unless you know what you're looking for, you would never know. As an example, there is one hidden text app that lists itself as a timer and alarm clock.

Which is probably to be expected given that subterfuge is the whole point.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation