Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
OP Offline
E
I always find it fun to see what usernames show up when I check "Who's Online" and I always wonder how people came up with such great names.

My username is the name of a song by Guns N Roses. Yeah, I guess I'm a late 80's girl, LOL.

What does yours mean to you?

Last edited by Rocketqueen; 07/16/13 10:17 AM.
V
V
I changed mine recently.

My roommate who passed two years ago had an old cat named, Viscount Ashley of Leftfield. When she passed I took her cats, so I now have Lord Ashley, and I'm Viscountess now. Ash is 17, blind, and crochety as hell!

Ash had a children's literary website and his own facebook with decent traffic before my friend died.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Viscountess
I changed mine recently.

My roommate who passed two years ago had an old cat named, Viscount Ashley of Leftfield. When she passed I took her cats, so I now have Lord Ashley, and I'm Viscountess now. Ash is 17, blind, and crochety as hell!

Ash had a children's literary website and his own facebook with decent traffic before my friend died.

I love the names of your pets laugh , and that was how I recognized your new name.

I have only one cat named Hiro. He was named for the time traveler from "Heros". Loved that show

L
L
My name is from a 1976 movie by the same name. The basic plot of the movie was that a person's age was legislated, at a certain age they are willingly executed. Those who do not report, are called runners. The runners are hunted down and executed in their attempts to reach sanctuary. Logan escapes and does indeed reach sanctuary. In essence, I am Logan, a runner, my sanctuary is plan B.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Logans_Run
My name is from a 1976 movie by the same name. The basic plot of the movie was that a person's age was legislated, at a certain age they are willingly executed. Those who do not report, are called runners. The runners are hunted down and executed in their attempts to reach sanctuary. Logan escapes and does indeed reach sanctuary. In essence, I am Logan, a runner, my sanctuary is plan B.

Sounds like my kind of movie. A lot like the "Hunger Games" which I loved!

M
M
Mine is self explanitory. I have always been a nice guy. Sometimes too nice lol and I end up being a doormat because of it. I am more balanced now tho and not so much of a nice door mat anymore. Even tho I am still a nice guy I have much more self respect than I used to and don't care as much about what others think of me. Only my wife and kids! smile

E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy
Mine is self explanitory. I have always been a nice guy. Sometimes too nice lol and I end up being a doormat because of it. I am more balanced now tho and not so much of a nice door mat anymore. Even tho I am still a nice guy I have much more self respect than I used to and don't care as much about what others think of me. Only my wife and kids! smile

*like!

K
K
I'm a competitive Highland thrower. in other words, I throw heavy stuff while wearing a kilt

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

B
B
Here's a thread that others talked about this.
What Does your Handle/Screen Name Mean

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

P
P
I needed a Greek name to match markos. smile

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

N
N
I needed a Greek name to match markos.

Helen? Aphrodite? Andromeda? Hera? Athena? Clytemnestra? Daphne? Demeter(aka Earth Mother!)?

I
I
Mine is related to the name of my first thread, 'Independent behaviour nightmare'. I was logging on to complain about my spouse's IB, but I wanted to express that I wasn�t blameless and could be pretty independent too. It's short for 'independent girl' but since I like indie music and cinema, it means that too.

It was a very rushed decision, but I love it now. If someone called 'Indie' in the street, I would look around!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Here's a thread that others talked about this.
What Does your Handle/Screen Name Mean

Oh cool! Lots of good info there about our vets.

Now lets see if we can get our newer folks to chime in. I saw a name on there the other day that I thought..I like that! and which started the idea for this thread It was WiserBud, LOL

P
P
If someone called 'Indie' in the street, I would look around!
I would respond to Prisca the same way smile

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

T
T
I was here on MB before several years ago...but couldn't remember my previous handle.... smile

L
L
I have been thinking of changing my user name to CandyCrushAddict........but then everyone would know I have a problem.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Logans_Run
I have been thinking of changing my user name to CandyCrushAddict........but then everyone would know I have a problem.

Omg, me too! I hate that game, lol!

H
H
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
I needed a Greek name to match markos.

Helen? Aphrodite? Andromeda? Hera? Athena? Clytemnestra? Daphne? Demeter(aka Earth Mother!)?

*ahem*

Lysistrata.

Lysistrata persuades the women of Greece to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands and lovers as a means of forcing the men to negotiate peace...

blush

My name... I believe is self-explanatory.

Rocket: That song is from an excellent album... though the song itself has some tawdry trivia attached to it.

L_R: "Fish, plankton, sea greens... protein from the sea!"

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
N
N
Trip, ignoring (and self-protectively distancing myself from) your "Greek" suggestion, I am here long enough to recall that you were originally "HeadHeldHigh"!

H
H
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Trip, ignoring (and self-protectively distancing myself from) your "Greek" suggestion, I am here long enough to recall that you were originally "HeadHeldHigh"!

Yes sir.

That was a step in personal recovery, picking my damned head up.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation