Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
OP Offline
K
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!

No, seriously. Argh. We don't get cable, we just use Netflix and Amazon instant. So I think I've found a neat series, Eureka, to watch.

And what happens on an episode I start enjoying?

One woman is just saying, "We're separated, I can do whatever I want."

I give up on network TV. This crap is everywhere and I can't seem to find anything that I like and that is pro-marriage!

banghead banghead banghead banghead banghead banghead banghead banghead

PS. Even worse, I get into a small argument with my fiance's sister and mother when I said that "the woman had lost points with me". Then I find that fiance's parents marriage was an affair marriage started when she had separated from an abusive husband. doh2

The sister seems to think that "that's how it is"...and you can date when you're separated.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
J
J
Its the culture.

J
J
Karma,

A great series today is Blue Bloods. It stars Tom Selleck and he plays the role of a moral man

K
OP Offline
K
I've seen a few episodes, I'll give it a try. It looked really good.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

M
M
Originally Posted by karmasrose
I give up on network TV. This crap is everywhere and I can't seem to find anything that I like and that is pro-marriage!

Not just TV...

I was reading the Post this weekend and came across an article featuring the beautiful love story of Jess and Tommy. Something about reconnecting with lost loves after years apart.

Was a good read until I got to this gem:

"Jess, a teacher, married soon after college. Tommy followed suit a bit later. Every couple of years, one or the other would send an e-mail to catch up, and they heard updates about each other from mutual friends.

In November 2011, Jess sent an e-mail wishing Tommy a happy birthday. As they traded messages, Tommy revealed that he was separated from his wife, waiting for a divorce to become finalized. Jess confessed that she was just starting the same process."
(fogbabble?)

The rest of the article covered their adultry and eventual affairage. Really gross piece. I though about writing the editor but I figure...what's the point?

Me: BH, 36 Military Officer
FWS: 36, repeat offender
Married: Valentine's Day 1998
DD-15/ DS-10
Almost recovered and ahead of schedule
J
J
There isnt much point in doing so.
Mainstream media has been anti marriage for decades.

K
OP Offline
K
Even airing the anti-affair opinion makes you a pariah it seems.

J
J
I remember when Vice President Dan Quayle went on National Television and said it was a shame for a single woman character to be pregnant and have a baby out of wedlock on tv.
A few years later, I listened as grown men defended the President of The United States having affairs in the White House with interns.

Our culture is very anti family.

M
M
My daughter (14) and I were watching re-runs of Friends the other day and an episode where Ross liked Joey's girlfriend (both paleotologists) and had a brief makeout session at a conference in Barbados.

Ross did come his senses and felt guilty thus ending what may have lead to 'doing it'. (It should be mentioned that at the same conference, Joey and Rachel were in a serious makeout session when they both were over come with guilt about Ross. However, Ross and Rachel were in a "break", if you recall.)

Anyway, the subject leads to awkward silence in this house.

I hate TV.

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
P
P
I hate TV.
Stop watching it.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

C
C
Originally Posted by Prisca
I hate TV.
Stop watching it.

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 514 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation