Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2769942 12/09/13 10:27 AM
K
OP Offline
K
I haven't been here in a long time...I think I got frustrated because so many people post, ask for advice, and you can spend hours helping them and then they disregard everything and disappear. I realize we have to leave that to them, but after a while, it gets old. AND then too, I don't date, I pretty much gave up on having a relationship again and have just focused on living my life...alone. It's been good, actually, to not feel I needed someone in my life. Sometimes it gets lonely, but most of the time I'm happy living my life alone, solitude, etc., just having friends.

Is anybody around that knew me back then? I'd love to hear from you!

A lot has changed in my life. I lost my job, and since I'd already spent a year looking for work June 2011-May 2012 and coming up empty, I decided instead of putting myself through the stress, I'd retire early. I got hit by a car the night before my boss told me he was cutting my job, the second time in four months, so I decided I wasn't going to commute and put my life on the line for some low paying job (that's about all that's offered anymore), I'd just pare my budget back and stay home. I started taking my IRA, only have a year to go for social security. I applied for Obamacare, haven't heard back. Oregon is extremely lagging behind and not going to make the deadline so I may not have insurance this next year. I fractured my leg as soon as I lost my insurance (my boss had said he'd pay it through the end of the year but he didn't, he let everyone's insurance lapse). The same week my roof started leaking and I got someone out to patch it and they said I need a new roof, so I'll get that done next summer. My boss still owed me three months pay and I haven't been able to collect it, he has no money, just debts, and I'm low on his priorities.

You'd think with all of the things that have happened, I'd be miserable, but I'm not. I'm happier than I've ever been in my life (except when my husband was alive), and my blood pressure shows it! I had to have a couple of teeth pulled and the dentist took my blood pressure 120/60, it hasn't been that low in YEARS! It reflects my removing myself from stress, and I figure that ought to result in better health in itself. I'm still walking twice a day with my dog, and have lost some weight, still have a ways to go, but no hurry, just living life and loving it! Have had lots of time for making cards, my hobby and passion. Have enjoyed getting more involved in my church and having time for friends/family. That is until this cold spell hit, no one can go anywhere right now, everyone has busted pipes, etc, but this too shall pass. smile

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
M
M
Howdy, Kay!! Thanks for checking in. I am sorry to hear about your accident but glad to hear you are retired. I miss seeing your posts on the board and had wondered what happened to you.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2770073 12/09/13 10:32 PM
J
J
Kay,

I grew up near Grants Pass. And I've worked and lived all over the state.
What part of Oregon do you live?

K
OP Offline
K
Melody,
I'll probably be back more now that I have more time. I am truly happy and it's been a good time of healing.

Jedi,
I'm in the mountains above Oakridge. I grew up in Eugene but have lived here for over 36 years. Are you still in Oregon?

L
L
I am always amazed how small our world really is. smile My brother lives in Oakridge, so it is possible you might know him. My other brother lives in Springfield.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
J
J
Originally Posted by kaycstamper
Melody,
I'll probably be back more now that I have more time. I am truly happy and it's been a good time of healing.

Jedi,
I'm in the mountains above Oakridge. I grew up in Eugene but have lived here for over 36 years. Are you still in Oregon?

No, I moved to Ohio about 8 yrs ago.
I did quite a bit of work in Eugene.
I worked on the Autzen Stadium expansion.
Go Ducks!

B
B
Howdy KayC!!!

So nice to see you back. smile

Sorry to hear about all the trials and hurdles, but glad you're happy!!

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrainHurts #2770709 12/13/13 02:42 AM
K
OP Offline
K
I'm a Beaver fan...my son's graduating in the Spring. Oakridge is split into Ducks/Beavers. smile

Thanks, BrainHurts, I'd been under so much stress, I feel like I was released from prison! Wonderful to be out of it. My previous job I'd have worked until I was 70, I loved it, but this one...no.

Will be around more...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation