Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
ak1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Correct, just a visit.

I see her environment, meet her parents, children, and friends, we do stuff together, have some fun. If that works then she comes up here with her children and we do the same.

After that, I'm not sure, perhaps repeat the cycle until she decides it's worth the risk of moving or that I'm not the one.

Even if she does move we won't live together and if things don't work out she can return home.

I'll keep this thread updated.

T
T
Good deal! Have fun!

Age - 35
Divorce Final - 3/5/12

S - 13
S - 10
D - 8
A
ak1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Another update!

So I'm heading down to the lower-48 on March 20th, and I'm so excited. I get to see a lovely girl I really like in a part of the country I've never seen before. Should be a blast.

I really like how smart, thoughtful, caring, gentle, and pretty she is. The last 5 years of my marriage was with a seriously selfish and narcissistic woman that acted like a renter and wanted the world from me with little to nothing in return. It's quite a contrast and it's got me absolutely thrilled to be seeing this new lady.

I'll post more when I return. smile

ak

J
J
Good luck Sir

S
S
I just signed up for this site since I'm getting married in a little over a week, and this tread caught my eye since my entire relationship has been a long distance relationship. I wish you luck as you go out and meet this lady.

A
ak1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I'm here!

I'm in my hotel room getting ready to spend the day with her. She picked me up at the airport last night and she gave me a big hug then we just stared at each other. It was great!!!

We drove around a bit last night just visiting and enjoying each other, and soon we are off to hang out of the day.

I'm thrilled, she is just lovely, I can't wait to meet the rest of her family!

ak

J
J
That's great!
Have a great time...but keep your head on your shoulders too

B
B
Originally Posted by ak1
I'm here!

I'm in my hotel room getting ready to spend the day with her. She picked me up at the airport last night and she gave me a big hug then we just stared at each other. It was great!!!

We drove around a bit last night just visiting and enjoying each other, and soon we are off to hang out of the day.

I'm thrilled, she is just lovely, I can't wait to meet the rest of her family!

ak
Keep us updated.

Have a fantastic time.,

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

D
D
Well?

D
D
Just wondering how your weekend turned out?

A
ak1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I'm back and had an absolute blast.

For the first few days we were close friends getting to know each other, doing stuff together, and having fun, then on the last two days I took her out on a date and kissed her, and now we are exclusive and she is looking at coming up at the end of next month to see my kids, friends, and family.

Here are some observations I made:

Her friends and family are super nice people that really care about her. The friends of hers I stayed with have an invitation to come to AK and stay in my guest room so I can return the favor.

She goes to a really solid church and knows the Bible really well.

She is very intelligent, and is a very quick learner. She has a much better sense of direction than I do, and I can hold my own.

She is very pretty. The attraction meter was in the red the whole week.

Her kids are very sweet and well behaved. I really enjoyed being around them.

She is very thoughtful, and was very considerate.

She isn't picky at all. She has preferences but can be content with however things work out.

We negotiated well. We hit a very popular tourist trap and did a lot of negotiating like where to park the car, which things to look at, how much time at one thing vs another, when to eat, what to eat, how to plan the day, etc.

I really enjoy her kisses, and she really enjoyed mine.

I found her pretty easy to read, so I knew how she was feeling most of the time and what to do to care for her.

So as you can tell I'm super excited with this girl and cant wait to see her again.

ak

B
B
So what about logistics?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
N
Woww,, good going, AK!!

I'm glad you had such a good time and things went great between you two!

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
A
ak1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
So what about logistics?

She will come up by herself and check stuff out, and if she likes my kids/family and AK then I'll look for a way for her to spend the summer up here. By the end of the summer I think we will know what to do next.

N
N
How exciting!

How long will she be there in AK with you?

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
J
J
That's great!

B
B
Originally Posted by ak1
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
So what about logistics?

She will come up by herself and check stuff out, and if she likes my kids/family and AK then I'll look for a way for her to spend the summer up here. By the end of the summer I think we will know what to do next.
I hope it all works out for ak. Keep us updated.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

N
N
ak, I am super happy for you, but have a nagging concern. I don't remember about her kids, does a potential move include taking them away from an involved father?

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
A
ak1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Her exWWH lives 1500 miles away and doesn't see the kids.

If she comes up here then he will have the same visitation and logistical issues as before.

A
ak1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
On her first visit she will probably only be here a week since she has little ones at home (same as me). When she brings her kids up, I suspect she will stay here the majority of the summer.

It feels good to be in love again, especially since I completely understand what she does that makes me feel loved and what I am doing to make her feel the same. It doesn't feel difficult and fragile, it feels deliberate and purposeful.

I talked to her a bit about MB, and she read through the website and tried to employ the principles when she was trying to get her exWWH to come back to earth, and is completely on board. I asked if she would read through his needs / her needs with me and she said she would love to.

I'm going to send her some stuff very soon, so I'll toss a copy of the book in with the rest of it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation