Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Hi,
Been married to my wife for 24 years.. She is 46 years old and we have son that is 19 years old. In the past 2 years.. she started wearing stretchy skinny jeans to work. Before that, she always worn regular fit jeans. But anyway when she first started buying those stretchy 2 years ago.. i ask her why you wearing those skin tight jeans to work ? Her response was.." You just jealous". I ask her because those jeans so tight you can see her panties lines. But she did tell me later because they felt comfortable to wear. Anyone know any reasons why someone would wear skin tight jeans to work, showing off their butt,legs, and panties lines ? Should i be concern ???
thanks,
Phillip

Last edited by Phillip7480; 11/20/13 06:41 PM.
B
B
Originally Posted by Phillip7480
Hi,
Been married to my wife for 24 years.. She is 46 years old and we have son that is 19 years old. In the past 2 years.. she started wearing stretchy skinny jeans to work. Before that, she always worn regular fit jeans. But anyway when she first started buying those stretchy 2 years ago.. i ask her why you wearing those skin tight jeans to work ? Her response was.." You just jealous". I ask her because those jeans so tight you can see her panties lines. But she did tell me later because they felt comfortable to wear. Anyone know any reasons why someone would wear skin tight jeans to work, showing off their butt,legs, and panties lines ? Should i be concern ???
thanks,
Phillip
Welcome to MB.

Please read this.
Start Here First-Welcome Aboard

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
i ask her why you wearing those skin tight jeans to work ? Her response was.." You just jealous".

So if she knows you are "jealous" does she do this to torment you?? think

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Philip, you have a much bigger problem in your marriage than these jeans. The bigger issue is that your wife does not care about your feelings. Here is what Dr Harley says about this:

Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley
Isn't it interesting how someone can miss the point that mutual care in marriage is the only kind of care that makes sense? When your husband tells you that he wants you to care for him by suffering so he can have what he wants, he doesn't understand that this expectation means that he doesn't care about you. And that's the point.

I would get the book His Needs, Her Needs and sell her on the program, especially the policy of joint agreement. That would resolve this problem. But, you have to implement the entire program. It makes little sense in a piecemeal way.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Philip, you have a much bigger problem in your marriage than these jeans. The bigger issue is that your wife does not care about your feelings. Here is what Dr Harley says about this:

Isn't it interesting how someone can miss the point that mutual care in marriage is the only kind of care that makes sense? When your husband tells you that he wants you to care for him by suffering so he can have what he wants, he doesn't understand that this expectation means that he doesn't care about you. And that's the point.

I would get the book His Needs, Her Needs and sell her on the program, especially the policy of joint agreement. That would resolve this problem. But, you have to implement the entire program. It makes little sense in a piecemeal way.

Sorry Melody, I dont have clue what you talking about ? You trying to sell me a book or give me advice ? I was asking should i be concern my wife started wearing those jean to work.

P
OP Offline
P
i ask her why you wearing those skin tight jeans to work ? Her response was.." You just jealous".

I dont believe she trying to make me jealous. She isnt that type. I think she has other motive in wearing those jeans to work but i want to be sure.

M
M

Sorry Melody, I dont have clue what you talking about ? You trying to sell me a book or give me advice ? I was asking should i be concern my wife started wearing those jean to work.

I am trying to give you advice. And the advice that we follow to resolve problems like this is found in that book. Yes, you should be concerned that your wife wears clothes to work even though she knows they make you uncomfortable.

Exposure 101

M
M

I dont believe she trying to make me jealous. She isnt that type. I think she has other motive in wearing those jeans to work but i want to be sure.

My point is that she believes your issue is that you are jealous yet she continues wearing them. I have no way of knowing her motive nor does it matter. What matters is how you feel about it.

Exposure 101

D
D
Did she recently start working out or losing weight?

K
K
Originally Posted by Dvdman

That's irrelevant. The point is he doesn't like her wearing them and so she shouldnot wear tthem . She needs to find a style of jeans that they both agree on

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

S
S
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
That's irrelevant. The point is he doesn't like her wearing them and so she shouldnot wear tthem . She needs to find a style of jeans that they both agree on
I think he thinks she is having an affair, or a flirtation a work. It's not simply that he does not like the jeans; he suspects her motives and he wants to know if any of us think the same.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
Originally Posted by Dvdman
And that might be what Dvdman is getting at here. These are sometimes signs of an affair.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
I think she has other motive in wearing those jeans to work but i want to be sure.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
B
B
Do you have any spyware installed on her phone, computer, vehicle?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L
Jeans with Lycra are much more comfortable than other jeans. There are panties that can be worn that do not show, if the issue is the panty lines?

If you are uncomfortable with the jean style, or you do not think your wife's body style looks attractive in the jeans...you should openly discuss other clothing that you find attractive on her. It's better to approach with clothing ideas you find her more attractive in.

K
K
Loving, why did you open a thread that's last post was 7 months ago?

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 368 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation