Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
garak77 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
It seems like there should be some software to keylog your entire IP address.
The problem is, my wife uses an iPod touch for almost everything. It is hard to spy on it unless I jail break it. (Don't want to jail break)
Any suggestions?

L
L
What IP address are you trying to capture? It would be best if you explain what problem you are trying to solve and then we will try to come up with a solution for you.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
S
S
I think he's saying that he'd like to spy on every communication sent from his home by somehow monitoring traffic from his IP address. That way he wouldn't have to tamper with individual devices.

I have read in this forum about tapping into the wireless router, which would be the answer to the problem, but I can't understand the instructions. If you look, I think there must be a few threads on that.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
I don't see a comprehensive thread in here about monitoring the router. I must have searched on the Internet for advice - and couldn't make sense of it.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
L
L
Originally Posted by SugarCane
I think he's saying that he'd like to spy on every communication sent from his home by somehow monitoring traffic from his IP address. That way he wouldn't have to tamper with individual devices.

Most routers can be used to collect traffic information by enabling the 'log' setting in administration. However, this is not going to provide much useful information as it will only show the destination url and the port number for each local IP address.

You can also set the router to give a device a static IP address so that (for instance) you will always know that communications from 192.168.1.50 are from WW's iPhone.

For any given IP address on your network, you can see the websites visited and port (those tell you the protocol used). For example port 80 is a regular website visit.

Texts will not show at all as they run only over the cellular connection.

Emails will show only the url of your email server, outgoing ports are 25/26 and incoming is 110. The headers (containing the details of final destination) are not going to appear. However, you will be able to see the frequency of requests (not traffic).

Same problem for IMs. Details of who WW communicates with will not be able to be collected this way.

So this could be useful for detecting a secret email account, not sure it will do much else.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation