Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2811435 07/20/14 12:13 PM
I
ilina Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I am a new comer here and dint know where exactly to write my issue since other posts have not been visited recently .

there's a guy who has been harassing me by hacking my profiles on different sites and writes stuff on his own .
he has managed to track my ip address,and many personal info and goes on publishing in public about it .I warned him saying that i will report the matter to police but he takes it lightly and laughs.So finally i took off all the profiles and stopped going .

My question is how this guy is hacking my profile and half of it ?Full he has not been able to hack .
How can i protect myself fully from him ?

second part related to my emails - My emails are not showing up in my inbox but when i search some of them do show up .
Six years of emails have disappeared.What could have happened ?

Thanks and have a wonderful day

M
M
Have you tried asking this question on a hackers site? I am puzzled why you came to a marriage forum to ask this question.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
W
I just read a news article yesterday about how nigerian scammer/hackers are also setting up fake dating profiles as another avenue for social enginerring.

"Scammers often set up fake dating profiles to trick people into thinking they have entered an online relationship. Once hooked, the crooks try to trick the victims into sending money."

http://www.csoonline.com/article/24...om-gullible-consumers-to-businesses.html

Ilina, I'd definitely get your PC "cleaned/restored" and change your passwords while on a different PC.

A
A
This happened to me a while back. A few things you can do to protect yourself:
1) Use a different password for each site. Make sure it's at least 8 characters long and has a combination of symbols, letters, and uppercase characters.
2) In the password reset field where they ask you about questions such as "the place of birth" or "my best friends name", choose something that is more obscure that you haven't chosen in the past.
3) Change all your current passwords for your email addresses
4) Scan your computer for viruses to make sure that there are no Trojan horses and that people can detect your keystrokes.

Let me us know how it goes!

I
ilina Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thanks everyone for the help.melodylane- I did raise this question on hackers site too,they said many apps have come by which one can get half information regarding your profile so I need to put firewalls and secure my PC. I saw related questions on this forum so posted my question thinking some nice people might give some solution .

Walrus ,will do what you have suggested to me.
Ajheart ,I did change everything and need to put more security .now am using different pc and will show it to a professional guy to clean and restore .

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation