Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 34 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 33 34
MarieMab #2817335 08/27/14 05:19 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I appreciate the suggestions but how would my husband do business while I am sleeping? How can I sleep in a the back of a pick up and expect to take great care of the patients I serve? It sounds good in theory but anyone who has worked nights will tell you you run on empty most of the time. I am not
Making excuses.

MarieMab #2817336 08/27/14 05:24 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I would love to quit and just do school. My husband would too but we have been horrible with our money and now we have to get things squared.

MarieMab #2817345 08/27/14 06:21 PM
P
P
School must be paid.
No, it is not true that it MUST be paid.
Again, you are looking for reasons NOT to doing anything instead of looking for solutions.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

MarieMab #2817346 08/27/14 06:24 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by MarieMab
I would love to quit and just do school. My husband would too but we have been horrible with our money and now we have to get things squared.

What happens if you don't get things squared right now? Do you get thrown in jail? Shot?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2817350 08/27/14 06:53 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Prica you have six kids would you tell any one of them that they have to quit school because your father and I suck at money. My daughters work, they pay for most of there own things. We have to pay there room and board or they will not be able to attend.

MarieMab #2817351 08/27/14 06:56 PM
M
OP Offline
M
You all can badger me about anything else but I am not making my girls give up there education.

MarieMab #2817353 08/27/14 06:59 PM
M
OP Offline
M
And you dont have to bother telling me about community college or anything because the price we pay for room and board is equal to community college and then I would have to room and board them.

MarieMab #2817354 08/27/14 07:02 PM
M
M
You all can badger me about anything else but I am not making my girls give up there education.

It is not "badgering" you to point out that you are not taking this seriously and spend all your time manufacturing excuses. It you spent this time looking for solutions, rather than devising excuses, being snotty and attacking board members [who don't have to help you!] you would find solutions to all your problems.

Being snotty and looking for excuses is not going to save your marriage. It just shows others that you are not serious in the least.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MarieMab #2817355 08/27/14 07:03 PM
M
M
And you dont have to bother telling me about community college or anything because the price we pay for room and board is equal to community college and then I would have to room and board them.

You don't have to bother making more excuses. We already KNOW you are full of crap and are not remotely serious.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MarieMab #2817356 08/27/14 07:03 PM
J
J

Nobody is badgering you about anything.
Since you have arrived, you don't look for solutions..only argue about why you cannot follow the steps in Surviving an Affair.

Dr. Harley's program for recovering from an affair and building a loving romantic marriage is very clear and cannot be deviated from.

Writing about how you can't follow the program will not get you anywhere here. We are not allowed to give our personal opinions and can only give Dr. Harley's program to others. They don't make customized recovery plans here.

MarieMab #2817357 08/27/14 07:03 PM
F
F
Plenty of people work their way through school. It's an option. Probably one you don't like. But it's an option. You've got to change something because what you're doing now obviously isn't working out for you.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
M
M
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
[q
Since you have arrived, you don't look for solutions..only argue about why you cannot follow the steps in Surviving an Affair.

I have concluded a couple of things about this one: a) she is here to BRAWL, b) she is not here to find solutions and c) she is very probably still in an active affair given her fogged out, hostile, brawling mindset.

Until she gets serious about recovery, I believe I will spend most of my limited board time on the threads of those who are serious. This wayward is NOT serious and, as such, a waste of my valuable time.

Exposure 101

J
J
Every road to recovery has bridges and tunnels to overcome the obstacles. Find your bridges and tunnels, and then come back and tell us how you have made the plan work.

M
OP Offline
M
Hmm this has been literally the most serious six months of my life. I have contemplated leaving, staying, lying, being honest... You probably think this has just been a good time for me melody but everyone who knows me would seriously disagree. I have made horrible decisions that have affected every relationship that matters to me. No I am damn serious.

MarieMab #2817361 08/27/14 07:11 PM
M
OP Offline
M
And I am not being snotty but truly there are plenty of helpful people on here and you do not need to waste your time on me. we obviously butt heads or something.

MarieMab #2817362 08/27/14 07:12 PM
M
M
Hmm this has been literally the most serious six months of my life. I have contemplated leaving, staying, lying, being honest... You probably think this has just been a good time for me melody but everyone who knows me would seriously disagree. I have made horrible decisions that have affected every relationship that matters to me. No I am damn serious.

Talk is cheap, Marie. Put your money where your mouth is. People who are serious don't waste their time manufacturing endless excuses; they look for solutions. Talk means NOTHING unless it is backed up by actions. I see nothing here, nothing.

Exposure 101

MarieMab #2817363 08/27/14 07:13 PM
M
OP Offline
M
okay I guess I will just check in someday. I dont know why I keep torturing myself on this forum...

MarieMab #2817364 08/27/14 07:14 PM
M
M
okay I guess I will just check in someday. I dont know why I keep torturing myself on this forum...

Get back to us when you are serious.

Exposure 101

P
P
Prica you have six kids would you tell any one of them that they have to quit school because your father and I suck at money. My daughters work, they pay for most of there own things. We have to pay there room and board or they will not be able to attend.

Seven kids, actually. smile

And I don't plan on paying for their college. I worked my way through school, which was an education in of itself, and I don't intend to rob my children of that opportunity.

You don't HAVE to pay for your daughters' college education. It is not a MUST.

But, any excuse will do to avoid repairing the damage to your marriage ....

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

J
J
I think your marriage will end in divorce.
Years from now, you may look back and regret not following the program.
Or, you may just blame external forces for the rest for your life

Page 23 of 34 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,145 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation