Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 28 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 27 28
P
P
You are putting too much emphasis on what she is not doing. What were you doing? You don't have to spend $250 on UA to make it better.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
Originally Posted by helpfordad
But it takes TWO markos

I know that full well, hfd. But even with me agreeing with you, what does it buy you? Prisca wanted pretty much nothing to do with Marriage Builders most of the time, as well.

Nothing changed until my balance in her love bank passed the threshold. She was not the kind of woman to just see the program, realize it was logical, and do it. She was not the kind of woman to see her own unfaithfulness and see the program as the way to make it up to me and do it. What little incentive that kind of stuff provided for her burned out really fast, and then I was left with a thoughtless and disrespectful wife who only wanted to fight me when I complained.

Nothing changed until my account in her love bank changed.

She's an adult, and only she controls herself.

She doesn't control her feelings toward you, though. Your behavior controls that.

You can make someone fall in love with you almost against their will.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
When she's been down, she's asked about getting on the forum for advice...there are times that she hears about infidelity and explaims she wants to 'warn the world" about it, share her experiences to others who may contemplating it...but she never gets on, there's never follow through.

I don't think that would buy you anything, anyway. It is crucially important for you guys that Marriage Builders NOT be about infidelity, but about hfm having a rewarding marriage and being head over heels in love with you.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
H
OP Offline
H
Markos,

You nailed it, buddy and I'm on the verge of tears.

I get tired of holding my nose. Why?

Because I held my nose through...

*hfm never sending a NC letter
*delayed/fought changing her contact information
*refused to leave her workplace where the affair occurred
*the dishonesty
*trying to text OM a year after the affair ended
*withholding for 3 days that OM contacted her 6 months after exposure
*waiting until 2012 to trickle truth many things...including hotel meetings with OM
*while having AOs, saying very hurtful things, comparisons with OM, etc.
*that in general, I ended the affair...and she didn't seem to lift a finger to end an affair or turn to save our marriage

I often feel her response to what she's done to "recover" the marriage: "well, I haven't had another affair."

And I don't think she ever understood, felt, or cared about the depths of psychological/emotional damage to me. I'm supposed to just "get better" with it, on my own, regardless of her commitment to me or the maintenance of our marriage.

M
M
Markos,

You nailed it, buddy and I'm on the verge of tears.

I get tired of holding my nose. Why?

Anyone would. I don't know any other good options for you, though. When I got to the point where I saw that I was going to have to keep doing that, with a feeling of little progress, and felt I couldn't do it, I got on antidepressants so my emotions wouldn't stop me from doing what I needed to do.

I would put all of the things you listed here into an email to Dr. Harley - have you emailed him, yet?

H
OP Offline
H
But Markos,

Even Dr. Harley states that regardless of 'cleaning up my side of the street', or eliminating LBs, a FWS MUST agree/abide by the tenets of HIS program: EPs for example.

And as he said to me, FWS often bristle at these, and find them uncomfortable and controlling, but they must BE, and be FOR the sake of the BS.

HFM reacts in a way that she does not simply accept the very PREMISE that ANY BS gets to decide or create these 'rules' of which the FWS must commit to follow.

HFM has followed many EPs...we've POJAd many decisions the right way for 4 years...

This one -- career oriented EP -- seems like a 'bridge too far for her. She cares, but only to a point. I'm doing what I can to get her past that point, but ultimately SHE must decide to allow herself to get there, just as it id for ME to decide how/when to trust again.

H
OP Offline
H
And to fill her LoveBank by capitulating on the EP and sacrificing and playing the Giver?

Is that really a logical course of action, because right now I KNOW that would make her happy and make many deposits.

F
F
And to fill her LoveBank by capitulating on the EP and sacrificing and playing the Giver?

Is that really a logical course of action, because right now I KNOW that would make her happy and make many deposits.

Originally Posted by markos
It is not going to get better until both of you accept that her needs are valid, and they get met. Not her washing the dishes needs - her being swept off of her feet needs. The UA time you described is not sweeping her off of her feet, and the "propping up" you are describing in this post is definitely not going to do that. So stop SACRIFICING to meet needs that aren't going to win her, and start WINNING her in a way that you ENJOY.

This red part is a key piece of info. If you don't enjoy it you won't want to do it and you'll only end up resenting it like you do now.

Last edited by FightTheFight; 09/17/14 02:45 PM.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
B
B

To other more experienced MB's, I am confused about the advice being given to hfd. I don't see how caving on the EPs could be the answer. **EDIT**

So where does this leave hfd today? Following MB, he needs to go to her as he did last evening, and complain about the job choice, right? Simply "it bothers me that�". Then what? Markos, you make excellent points about not making MB about infidelity. Really good point. But was Prisca purposefully breaking EPs at the point where you buckled down and courted her back to the marriage?

Last edited by MBSync; 09/17/14 04:31 PM. Reason: Questions on moderation should be addressed by email to the moderators.

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
B
B
Originally Posted by FightTheFight
This red part is a key piece of info. If you don't enjoy it you won't want to do it and you'll only end up resenting it like you do now.
Excellent point, ftf. But how can this work with EPs being broken? How can hfd enjoy doing much of anything if he is constantly worried about where his wife is working every day?

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
F
F
Originally Posted by BlindSighted2013
How can hfd enjoy doing much of anything if he is constantly worried about where his wife is working every day?

He worries about it at the job she has now! Primarily because they will not consider moving.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
H
OP Offline
H
Not true. No where have I ever stated that.

I don't worry like that with her current job 20+ miles away.

I do when its 7, in his neighborhood.

M
M
But Markos,

Even Dr. Harley states that regardless of 'cleaning up my side of the street', or eliminating LBs, a FWS MUST agree/abide by the tenets of HIS program: EPs for example.

hfd, I know full well what your wife must do, and I also know what it is like to be in a marriage where your wife will not do it. Right now your wife is not doing it, and you can't make her do it. The question is what can you do about it? What is your plan?

Again, noone would fault you for leaving. You've really only got two workable options: leave, or try to win her over.

We all know what she is supposed to do - we all know what rules she is supposed to follow. She is not doing it. It hurts horribly, and we all know that. Reiterating it over and over again is not a plan and will not accomplish anything.

F
F
Not true. No where have I ever stated that.

I don't worry like that with her current job 20+ miles away.

I do when its 7, in his neighborhood.

I have wondered to myself how realistic I can be in my lack of enthusiasm for her working in location A versus location B, since, at last knowledge, the POS being a union worker could theoretically be assigned anywhere in the area....so, feels like playing whack-a-mole sometimes.

The odds may be relatively the same that he could show up at a workplace in our home county as easy as he could in his...I just feel that it increases the odds (the risk? is that what I fear?) of contact if W is working closer to his residence than further away. But does that really mean anything since the A began in our home county, anyway?

Doesn't sound like peace of mind to me.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
M
M
Originally Posted by markos
I would put all of the things you listed here into an email to Dr. Harley - have you emailed him, yet?

So have you? I spend so much time writing here trying to help and I get the feeling you're only seeing about 10% of what I write.

M
M
Originally Posted by BlindSighted2013

To other more experienced MB's, I am confused about the advice being given to hfd. I don't see how caving on the EPs could be the answer.

I don't see where anyone has advised caving or capitulating. I would advise lots of complaining about it.

J
J
Markos,
She has said often to me...over ALL the past 4 years: "I dare you to divorce me" and "I wish you would've just let me go" (instead of even attempting a recovery program).

That one is very telling, and maybe I should pay more attention to it...

Well, maybe it's time to call her bluff and hire a good divorce attorney

H
OP Offline
H
Markos,

Yes, I emailed.

So, your suggested plan of action for me is the complain a lot and Plan A her while she violates EP and POJA and works 7 miles from her AP?

Feels like the plan from 4 years ago to end her affair. Talk about a trigger...

P
P
Again, noone would fault you for leaving. You've really only got two workable options: leave, or try to win her over.
Those are your options. Leave or win her. Either one is better than what you are currently doing.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

H
OP Offline
H
Ok, so she refuses to follow an EP -- as Dr. Harley stated she is -- that is an essential tenet of his program. Dr. Harley states that she's showing an incredulous lack of empathy and care for her BH.

And yet one option for ME is to leave my bed, my home...becasue SHE chooses to work CLOSER to her affair partner?

I'm serious, not sarcastic: that just does not seem logical to me.

Last edited by helpfordad; 09/17/14 05:11 PM.
Page 19 of 28 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation